There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stephon Tuitt

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
There's no such thing as the "only" DL to look at...Baalke has all the flexibility he needs to grab BPA. That could be a CB, WR or a DL. I think Tuitt's too big and too good to pass on if Baalke gets a shot at him. That could mean trading up, if necessary or even trading back to get another 2nd rd pick, then trading up in that rd to get a player he and Harbaugh really want. That's why you stockpile picks each year, so you have the ability to go up or down in various rds to get the guys you want.

If the 49ers could trade down a little bit into the 2nd and still get Tuitt, I might try humping Baalke's leg, that would be a hell of a get.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Someone will get Tuitt in the second round considering he has a broken foot.

Whomever forecasts the slot tuitt will fall to properly will make out well.

IMO our biggest deficiency is not our db's...it's our slow dl decline that has occurred since 2011. The advanced stats support this decline and it is exposing our db's.

Our dl play must improve. Tuitt is the PERFECT 34 de and he is my number 1 target in the draft.

You have to look into the future and 34 de will be our 1 or 2 need next year so taking him now and letting him train for a year is a great strategy.

But, the other 34 DE's on the roster are intriguing.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Whomever forecasts the slot tuitt will fall to properly will make out well.

IMO our biggest deficiency is not our db's...it's our slow dl decline that has occurred since 2011. The advanced stats support this decline and it is exposing our db's.

Our dl play must improve. Tuitt is the PERFECT 34 de and he is my number 1 target in the draft.

You have to look into the future and 34 de will be our 1 or 2 need next year so taking him now and letting him train for a year is a great strategy.

But, the other 34 DE's on the roster are intriguing.

This. Justin Smith and Ray McDonald played literally out of their minds in 2011, since then neither has approached performing to the same incredible level. That has been the biggest difference in the defense, particularly as to why teams have had more success running the football.
No matter what Tuitt will be a 49er ... I'll steal him away in Madden
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Mar 27, 2014 at 12:20 PM ]
I really want this guy. My dream draft would be the 49ers getting him and Fuller.