There are 158 users in the forums

Do You Trust the 49ers brass to draft a WR

That is the question my friends...I see alot of talk on here about drafting a WR. I think it's an option to explore given our lack of depth & future at this position. But man history is against us.

How come we can never draft good WR's. I can only think of Crabtree as of late. Yes Patton has shown some flashes and I think this yr was a wash for him given his stint on the injury side. I think he has potential, but not starting potential. He is a perfect slot type WR. I think next yr is when we will really be able to get a good read on him.

In all seriousness I have little to no faith in our Brass drafting a WR.

Sammy Watkins would be sweet or the Kid from Fresno St. Not sure about Robinson from Penn St.
It's a tricky subject, they have done so well to build the team we currently have, so how could we not trust our FO? Even if they have made mistakes, especially at WR; in the FO we must trust, I believe they will continue to build the team to remain a dominant force in the league for years to come. That next star/stud WR will get here one of these days.
  • evil
  • Veteran
With Trent Baalke at the helm we have drafted the following WR's :

2010 Kyle Williams - 6th round
2011 Ronald Johnson - 6th round
2012 AJ Jenkins - 1st round
2013 Quinton Patton - 4th round

That track record that precedes him does not lead me to have little to little to no faith in him but to each their own. He has one big failure to date but has only invested one high pick into the position.
eh.. idk. That is not a very impressive list right there, Patton will be a stud tho.. I think.
Originally posted by wailers15:
That is the question my friends...I see alot of talk on here about drafting a WR. I think it's an option to explore given our lack of depth & future at this position. But man history is against us.

How come we can never draft good WR's. I can only think of Crabtree as of late. Yes Patton has shown some flashes and I think this yr was a wash for him given his stint on the injury side. I think he has potential, but not starting potential. He is a perfect slot type WR. I think next yr is when we will really be able to get a good read on him.

In all seriousness I have little to no faith in our Brass drafting a WR.

Sammy Watkins would be sweet or the Kid from Fresno St. Not sure about Robinson from Penn St.

I don't turst anyone in this organization.
My dream scenario for this is they re sign Boldin he was awesome this season. Him being back takes the pressure off having to use a 1st round pick on a WR i don't trust them with that high of a pick getting a WR ( AJ Jenkins enough said) i would rather get a shut down corner with the 1st pick and a WR with the 2nd.
I trust them drafting any position. They've missed on some WRs, but only one was a high pick.
No.
Based on their track record, I have a lot of faith that Baalke and Harbaugh will draft pro bowl caliber WR's.
What does turst mean?

With a WR class this deep, Baalke and Harbaugh will find what they need. In Harbaalke I trust.

If you do a little research receivers are the biggest gamble as far as first round picks go. Missing on one is not a rarity at all. I think we need a better receivers coach because othr than Crabtree our receivers aren't getting better once we draft them.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
If you do a little research receivers are the biggest gamble as far as first round picks go. Missing on one is not a rarity at all. I think we need a better receivers coach because othr than Crabtree our receivers aren't getting better once we draft them.

Agreed -

The other issue I have with 49er receivers is the lack of rout creativity. You don't ever see 49er receivers using the actual rout to create separation. It also seems that other teams are able to sit linebackers in the throwing lanes with disturbing regularity. No imbalance sets or routs. No real creativity past getting off the line of scrimmage.
[ Edited by Geeked on Feb 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:
With Trent Baalke at the helm we have drafted the following WR's :

2010 Kyle Williams - 6th round
2011 Ronald Johnson - 6th round
2012 AJ Jenkins - 1st round
2013 Quinton Patton - 4th round

That track record that precedes him does not lead me to have little to little to no faith in him but to each their own. He has one big failure to date but has only invested one high pick into the position.

this. a bunch of late round picks with one showing some potential. only one real bust.
Yah. I turst teh. I gonna go get a drink.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Agreed -

The other issue I have with 49er receivers is the lack of rout creativity. You don't ever see 49er receivers using the actual rout to create separation. It also seems that other teams are able to sit linebackers in the throwing lanes with disturbing regularity. No imbalance sets or routs. No real creativity past getting off the line of scrimmage.

time to get J. Taylor on the phone and bring him in as a consultant ala Houston Rocket with Hakeem Olajuwon.
Share 49ersWebzone