LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

1st Round PICK TE Eric Ebron.

Vernon Davis's eventual replacement. Any thoughts???????
  • sfout
  • Veteran
no. Davis still has 2 years left on his current deal. We have a 2nd year player that has 3 years left on his deal and 3rd TE that will be be an RFA after 2014.

Why people are thinking about replacing Vernon already is beyond be. He runs a damn 4.3 40 and even if he loses speed he is still big and physical enough to play TE for another 4 or 5 years after his contract runs out.

He could even just make a move to WR if he was desperate enough to continue playing.
We have some VERY serious issues at CB/S/WR so I'd say forget it.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We have some VERY serious issues at CB/S/WR so I'd say forget it.

This, haha . I would rather have a impact player from day one. Vernon Davis and McDonald should be fine for a couple years
[ Edited by DJamhour on Feb 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM ]
Terrible idea. VD has a lot left to give. McDonald, who was a 2nd round pick last year, will develop into a better player. Sorry bruh.
no and no.
TE is not a need.
This is so unlikely I nearly locked the thread.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Do it.
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 7, 2014 at 10:46 AM ]
We passed on Coby Fleener , Tyler Eifert , Zach Ertz and let Delanie Walker go why go after a TE now ? i think there happy with Davis and Mcdonald for now, we got bigger needs at the moment, and we have Celek to.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Feb 7, 2014 at 11:02 AM ]

• Hopper
  • Veteran

lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran

haha I wondered what the mods would say
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I for one think that the 49ers having 3 good TE would help to create mismatches against Seattle. I do not believe that a rookie Wr would have more impact then having Ebron, Davis, Mcdonald on the field.
A 3 tight end set? So I guess Seattle couldn't figure out to put their CB on the tight end.
Not a position of need but in my opinion I think Eric Ebron is the best player in the draft
Share 49ersWebzone