There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ricardo Allen - CB, Purdue

My favorite and THE sleeper CB in this draft, mark my words. Only 5'9 185, but he plays much bigger. He's fast, explosive, quick, scrappy and physical. His coverage skills and run defense are equally impressive. What really stands out, however, is his confidence. He plays with the swag that you know translates well into the next level. Could be a perfect slot guy who has some outside ability as well. PLEASE DRAFT THIS GUY Baalke! Some tape/highlights for you:

[ Edited by Timdiz on Feb 7, 2014 at 1:59 AM ]
As a Purdue fan, I've watched Ricardo since he started as a true freshman. Love everything about his game. He plays with a chip on his shoulder, and believes every play he's going to shut you down. Unfortunately for him, he played on a team with horrid defenses or he'd get more love. Most Purdue fans didn't even appreciate Ricardo as much as they should. I'd love for us to pick him.
5'9"?
Originally posted by English:
5'9"?

Nickel corner. Plus had return experience.
Built for slot coverage. Been watching him since his sophomore year and he's improved and would be a great get because it would pretty much be the handwriting on the wall for Rogers departure. Doesn't avoid contact and plays with a nastiness that would fit well on the team.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
As a Purdue fan, I've watched Ricardo since he started as a true freshman. Love everything about his game. He plays with a chip on his shoulder, and believes every play he's going to shut you down. Unfortunately for him, he played on a team with horrid defenses or he'd get more love. Most Purdue fans didn't even appreciate Ricardo as much as they should. I'd love for us to pick him.

as a purdue fans what are your thoughts on bruce gaston?
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

as a purdue fans what are your thoughts on bruce gaston?
I actually think he'd be a great addition too. To me he has alot of untapped potential, last year he had Kawann Short next to him and he played really well. This year with a completely new coaching staff, they didn't know how to utilize what they had. They were constantly switching defenses trying to get something to work. So his Sr. wasn't as good as hoped. But I'd love to see him under Tomsula's teaching and see what he can do. I think he'd make a good 3-4 DE, who could move inside if need be.
sorry double post, webzone glitching as usual.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 8, 2014 at 1:08 AM ]
Phoenix had him in one of his mocks back in early October and that's the first I saw of him and I was impressed. I think we go CB in the 1st or 2nd but if we take another guy in the 3rd-5th round I would hope it's Allen. I agree he could be a good slot CB.