There are 213 users in the forums

AB's Annual Collaborative Mock Draft, picks thread DRAFT COMPLETED

• evil
  • Veteran
The great thing about disagreeing with who someone makes a selection in this mock, is it adds an element of realism. We are always left scratching our heads at some picks and or screaming reach at others on draft day. The draft never goes how we think it should go.

But the debating and banter is fun.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
If Cardinals want to keep Palmer healthy...they need to protect him better.

OT Cyrus Kouandjio Alabama
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 9, 2014 at 6:35 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
The great thing about disagreeing with who someone makes a selection in this mock, is it adds an element of realism. We are always left scratching our heads at some picks and or screaming reach at others on draft day. The draft never goes how we think it should go.

But the debating and banter is fun.

Debating is the reason why doing mock drafts is fun. communist is my dude
Originally posted by 4ML:

OT Taylor Lewan Michigan
I picked him. He's a Baltimore Raven and he'll be protecting Flacco's blindside for years to come.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

OT Taylor Lewan Michigan
I picked him. He's a Baltimore Raven and he'll be protecting Flacco's blindside for years to come.

Yea, noticed it after making the pick. I was going back and forth between Lewan and Kouandjio
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Niners have moved up in a trade with Packers. Surprise pick coming shortly. I know some of you guys will kill me for this

49ers trade 1st and 3rd (via Titans) for Packers 1st and 3rd
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Niners have moved up in a trade with Packers. Surprise pick coming shortly. I know some of you guys will kill me for this

Approved.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Approved.

Doesnt this favor the 49ers? I can see swapping 1st rounders and giving up a 3rd, but not swapping 3rd rounders.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
At some point...Niners have to find a replacement for Justin Smith and Ray McDonald (who has had injury issues and is going to be 30 before the start of the season). Tank was an excellent pick but is coming off an injury himself. Plus, we need depth right now behind Justin and McDonald.

Give the Niners:

DE Stephon Tuitt Notre Dame

This is the time to strengthen the depth behind our Ends and a successor to Justin Smith. With McDonald, Tank, and Tuitt - we'll be in great shape for the rest of this decade. Tuitt was amazing in 2012-2013 season. In 2013-2014 season he put on a little too much weight coming off an injury and that hurt him a little earlier in the season. But he finished the season really strong and IMO - he will only rise on the boards from here on out.

The way I describe Tuitt is...he's the Aldon Smith of 3-4 DEs.

[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 9, 2014 at 7:26 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Originally posted by GEEK:

Approved.

Doesnt this favor the 49ers? I can see swapping 1st rounders and giving up a 3rd, but not swapping 3rd rounders.

If this was a 5 or 7 round mock, I would have offered 1 + 3 for the Packers 1st. But since this is only a 3 round mock, it's somewhat of a fair draft.

At some point...Niners have to find a replacement for Justin Smith and Ray McDonald (who has had injury issues and is going to be 30 before the start of the season). Tank was an excellent pick but is coming off an injury himself. Plus, we need depth right now behind Justin and McDonald.

Give the Niners:

This is the time to strengthen the depth behind our Ends and a successor to Justin Smith. With McDonald, Tank, and Tuitt - we'll be in great shape for the rest of this decade. Tuitt was amazing in 2012-2013 season. In 2013-2014 season he put on a little too much weight coming off an injury and that hurt him a little earlier in the season. But he finished the season really strong and IMO - he will only rise on the boards from here on out.

H*LL YEA bull rush tha NFL i luv it N Tuitt my draft crush A++ already

Give the Niners:

I love it. A rare talent. The Niners will always favor their front seven over the secondary and this fits their model for future success. Good work
Originally posted by communist:
Contraty to the CB-class, the class of the Safetes is really thin this year and the Rams have a need there.

And if we want to start a discussion then I would say, Gilbert is also not worth to be taken in the top15

By the way, iirc, a lot of people said that we reached for Eric Reid...

I agree, the depth at Safety isn't there but I think the CB class makes up for it. I don't think the difference between 1 and 10 is very huge either. I also feel the need at safety really isn't all that great either.
So we aren't trading up to Dallas' spot to take their safety again?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
H*LL YEA bull rush tha NFL i luv it N Tuitt my draft crush A++ already
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
I love it. A rare talent. The Niners will always favor their front seven over the secondary and this fits their model for future success. Good work

Thanks
Share 49ersWebzone