LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

AB's Annual Collaborative Mock Draft, picks thread DRAFT COMPLETED

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Uummm not to sure about him !!!!! any insight to him ??? Still a solid A though after Tuitt N Ward ...

IMO He is the one best route runner and has one of the best set of hands among all the Wrs in the draft. He doesn't have blazing speed of 4.3 but he consistently gets deep with his quickness and route running. Also, he plays faster than he will probably time at combine. Has ability to break tackles and run after catch.

If he had a decent QB...he would have put huge numbers. You can see in the video against Illinois - how QB missed him couple of times when he wide-open. This happened almost in every game. Check out the route he runs at the 5min mark. There are several videos on him doing this game after game.

Well tha highlightz look great I'm just worry about his size N hopefully V.Davis doesn't get in his ear N tell him to keep up tha unnecessary jump catch ...when Davis does that it drivez me crazy. ..
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Well tha highlightz look great I'm just worry about his size N hopefully V.Davis doesn't get in his ear N tell him to keep up tha unnecessary jump catch ...when Davis does that it drivez me crazy. ..

Vernon does it to catch with his body. JA has one of the best hands in the draft...and he doesn't catch with his body. JA's QB has a tendency of under-throwing (puts too much air). That forces the WRs to slow down and go up to catch the ball before CB can knock it down. A lot of throws are also behind him.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Atlanta selects Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame
The jets where going elsewhere with this pick,
BUT the value is just way to high to pass up on this guy
Very surprised he's still available
Jets select

DAVANTE ADAMS, WR
SCHOOL: FRESNO STATE
I like the picks from Atlanta and NYJ.. but that's about where I expect Adams to be selected.
Jags select DE Chris Smith out of Arkansas
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I like the picks from Atlanta and NYJ.. but that's about where I expect Adams to be selected.

I feel he's def not getting out of the 2nd
And I can bet he gets selected before J Abbrederis (who I see more like a 4-5th rounder)
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:

And I can bet he gets selected before J Abbrederis (who I see more like a 4-5th rounder)

It's February...and combine is next week. Even the GMs don't know where some of these guys will get drafted

It's funny that you're talking in absolutes already.
Uummm not to sure about him !!!!! any insight to him ??? Still a solid A though after Tuitt N Ward ...

IMO He is the one best route runner and has one of the best set of hands among all the Wrs in the draft. He doesn't have blazing speed of 4.3 but he consistently gets deep with his quickness and route running. Also, he plays faster than he will probably time at combine. Has ability to break tackles and run after catch.

If he had a decent QB...he would have put huge numbers. You can see in the video against Illinois - how QB missed him couple of times when he wide-open. This happened almost in every game. Check out the route he runs at the 5min mark. There are several videos on him doing this game after game.

It's the missing ingredient to beat Seadderall. A really good white receiver.
It's February...and combine is next week. Even the GMs don't know where some of these guys will get drafted

I'm trying to get you to bet me money dude duh lol

• 4ML
  • Veteran

I'm trying to get you to bet me money dude duh lol

Haha nice try. I bet money when I control the outcome. I don't get off on throwing darts in the dark and hope for the best.

Btw...I like Adams. I just don't like him for what I believe the Niners need.
I have to say I am not liking the 49ers picks so far...You don't get an additional dimension out of the WR position IMO (Not a speedster or Redzone threat) The safety selected is ok but we could have gotten better value safety lower in the draft with bigger upside and the Justin Smith replacement pick has little chance of getting much playing time with all the players the 49ers have in that position...A bit of a waste for a 1st rounder to trade up for someone who will be getting little playing time...I see him as a situational pass-rusher at the moment only
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on Feb 16, 2014 at 5:27 AM ]

On this, I'd say False... and then True.
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
I have to say I am not liking the 49ers picks so far...You don't get an additional dimension out of the WR position IMO (Not a speedster or Redzone threat) The safety selected is ok but we could have gotten better value safety lower in the draft with bigger upside and the Justin Smith replacement pick has little chance of getting much playing time with all the players the 49ers have in that position...A bit of a waste for a 1st rounder to trade up for someone who will be getting little playing time...I see him as a situational pass-rusher at the moment only
Abbrederis can catch and runs routes properly, is quick and intelligent. perfect match against seattle.

what safety are you talking about?
bigger upside does not mean that he will reach his potential for sure...

I am also not a fan of the 1st-round trade but if Tuitt translates without any problems, the opp offenses will have a hard time to guess what the hell is coming. we could rotate until their brain explodes.
[ Edited by communist on Feb 16, 2014 at 5:42 AM ]
Browns select Jeremy Hill RB LSU
Share 49ersWebzone