AB's Annual Collaborative Mock Draft, picks thread DRAFT COMPLETED

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by communist:
4ML, do your job RIGHT

;)

Yea pick a great player that will piss everyone off ... Tuitt N Ward

Damn it...my guy was already taken a few picks in advance.
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 15, 2014 at 11:43 AM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:
The scouts present at the Senior Bowl and ShrineGame practices liked what they saw from the CB from this little school in Missouri. He's a big CB (6'1 205lbs), looked more agile and faster than other big CBs. According to the nfldraftscout.com - coaching staff also praised him for his awareness in locating the ball and even peeling off his man to pursue the ball-carrier.

There are several full-game footage on Youtube of this guy.

CB Pierre Desir, Lindenwood

He's already been picked
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
The scouts present at the Senior Bowl and ShrineGame practices liked what they saw from the CB from this little school in Missouri. He's a big CB (6'1 205lbs), looked more agile and faster than other big CBs. According to the nfldraftscout.com - coaching staff also praised him for his awareness in locating the ball and even peeling off his man to pursue the ball-carrier.

He's already been picked

Oh motherf**king a...

Ahh...well I don't like other CBs at this spot...so I'll go with one of my favorite WRs.

WR Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I understand your logic but I just don't see them spending that high of pick on a non-starter with potential needs at OL, S, DE and WR.

Not all needs that are apparent in February end up addressed in the draft. Gross will likely be coming back for a 1-2 year deal which takes care of the big hole on the line. Ideally this team will trade down in the first round. And I see Hyde competiting for the starting spot as D-Will does not have his job sewn up. The run game has been a non factor for that offense that has long since needed some go go juice.
With pick # 67, the Oakland Raiders select...

QB -- ZACH METTENBERGER -- LSU

• evil
  • Veteran
Atl wants to trade down.
Oh motherf**king a...

Ahh...well I don't like other CBs at this spot...so I'll go with one of my favorite WRs.

you really wanted to pick this CB???

Instead you picked my draft crush
Receiver who needs to build strength -- should be just what we need to beat Seattle dB's.
Oh sorry, I forgot about Boldin and Vernon, our strong receivers who wreak havoc against Seattle
Non-starter.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rapid4:
Receiver who needs to build strength -- should be just what we need to beat Seattle dB's.

lol...smaller guys have had more success against Seattle than the bigger guys.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Oh motherf**king a...

you really wanted to pick this CB???

Instead you picked my draft crush

Yeup...I've rated Desir a lot higher than JA. I was just tryin' to be too cute to drop down and still nab him. AB obviously did his homework on Desir.
Originally posted by solidg2000:

He's already been picked

Oh motherf**king a...

Uummm not to sure about him !!!!! any insight to him ??? Still a solid A though after Tuitt N Ward ...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Uummm not to sure about him !!!!! any insight to him ??? Still a solid A though after Tuitt N Ward ...

IMO He is the one best route runner and has one of the best set of hands among all the Wrs in the draft. He doesn't have blazing speed of 4.3 but he consistently gets deep with his quickness and route running. Also, he plays faster than he will probably time at combine. Has ability to break tackles and run after catch.

If he had a decent QB...he would have put huge numbers. You can see in the video against Illinois - how QB missed him couple of times when he wide-open. This happened almost in every game. Check out the route he runs at the 5min mark. There are several videos on him doing this game after game.

I am not a fan
If we didn't trade up for Tuitt ok but with the trade up no
Ward is fine
JA... No, I have 3 WRs ahead if him. 1 way ahead
Share 49ersWebzone