LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

AB's Annual Collaborative Mock Draft, picks thread DRAFT COMPLETED

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Quickest pick i ever made btw
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Cardinals need to add a pass-rusher...and will go with a local product and the best one left on the board:

DE/OLB Carl Bradford Arizona St
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Packers select Bradley Roby - CB - Ohio State
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Niners still lookin' to move up...AB check your PM
Originally posted by 4ML:
i'm so excited, i cannot hide it.

AB, plz dont agree to the deal. 4ML will draft a player who covers a minor need again.
it will be OT, read it here first.
Originally posted by communist:

AB, plz dont agree to the deal. 4ML will draft a player who covers a minor need again.

That's a good call lol
I'm going to say Yawin Smallwood, UConn ILB, just to piss everyone off lol
I think it'll be a DB.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Wait for it
i'm tired of waiting...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
49ers let Whitner go in the FA and must use a day 2 pick on a safety to fill out that position. Eric Reid was great last season and one of the things I love about him is - he can play either safety. 49ers look for another safety who can cover and can hit and are delighted to find this guy still available in mid-2nd round. They have a late 1st - early 2nd round grade on him and move up a few picks to make sure they land their guy.

Safety, Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois

[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 14, 2014 at 10:39 AM ]

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Poor GMs reach for needs. 49ers should draft BPA in 1st round. Reached to fill WR position couple years ago and it came back to bite us.
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM ]
Tuitt and Ward... really can not complain with that.
Poor GMs reach for needs. 49ers will draft BPA in 1st round. We reached to fill WR position couple years ago and it came back to bite us.
For now, we are STACKED at DE. I'd rather for a need-based BPA instead.

In general you don't know whether we reached for AJ. It comes down to the evaluation by Baalke. And like we know, the Rams would have picked him with their 2nd-rounder and it was a high one, iirc.

Jumping two picks to get a nice Safety is a good job though.
[ Edited by communist on Feb 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Poor GMs reach for needs. 49ers will draft BPA in 1st round. We reached to fill WR position couple years ago and it came back to bite us.
For now, we are STACKED at DE. I'd rather for a need-based BPA instead.

In general you don't know whether we reached for AJ. It comes down to the evaluation by Baalke. And like we know, the Rams would have picked him with their 2nd-rounder and it was a high one, iirc.

Jumping two picks to get a nice Safety is a good job though.

It's true if I remember...before the draft Baalke said they knew that the guy they're looking for will be available at that spot. IMO...they knew going in that they have a player rated higher than most other teams. It's possible they made themselves believe that he was the BPA because they had a need at WR.

Either way...I disagree with you that we're stacked at DE and I don't believe in addressing DL when you're totally depleted. Tuitt has rare special athleticism and performances to back it up. He is a perfect fit for our brand of 3-4 D and I hope if he's available in 20s - Niners go up and get him.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Tuitt and Ward... really can not complain with that.

Thanks...I understand everyone has their own vision. I have noticed teams with great defenses continue to draft defense early in the draft to maintain that edge over others. They don't wait till their DL or Pass-rushers are gone to address those positions and they believe secondary can be upgraded easily in mid-rounds. This draft is stacked with really good front 7 defensive players and it'll be silly to disregard that and go with your need at WR. I don't believe in drafting secondary in 1st round either unless you're getting a great prospect at your spot.
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 14, 2014 at 11:10 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone