Titans select Derek Carr

he went to the vikings already
My bad...
Titans part ways with Chris Johnson and move forward with Tre Mason
Trade.

Ravens get: Giants 2nd round pick #43
Giants get: Ravens 2nd round pick #47, 2015 4th round pick

AllTimeGreat is OTC.
I thought you were going to make the pick for me since I PMed you who I wanted...

Sorry for the delay but here goes...

The Ravens trade up to grab Allen Robinson WR Penn St.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Felt the same way about Amaro.

I thought he'd be gone with the Chief pick.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by communist:
Debating is the reason why doing mock drafts is fun. communist is my dude

As for the Niners-pick:
Don't worry I won't kill you...way too easy. First I will torture you with endless discussion, then you will commit suicide
If I count correctly, we would have some issues to get Dorsey/Williams/Dial, RayMac/TJE, Justin/Tank/Tuitt in the 53 roster, won't we?

I love to discuss.

Not worried about 53 man roster. Injuries are common on Dline and competition makes everyone better. Tuitt has tremendous potential. We just watched Seattle (and Giants two years ago) win Super-bowls with constant rotations on D-line which helped them put pressure on QB throughout the game.

Ppl always talk about how to beat Seattle and they bring up WRs. To me...it's about stopping Lynch. Almost every single time he breaks one for a TD against us. We need to keep our DL fresh and we may need a little more size up front. Tuitt is exactly the kind of DE we need.

We need depth and Tuitt is a natural fit for our team. He is a 5-technique DL as he has had plenty of snaps at DE in 3-4 defense. He will able to contribute right away. There are plenty of WRs and CBs in the draft for us to pick from. We don't have to reach for one to fill a need.
You're going to stop Lynch with depth?

Yes. He's a bruising RB. He has hurt us in 2nd half often. Having a fresh Dline is definitely a way to stop any offense. They show time of possession stat for a reason

That fatigue is the issue is conjecture. It just as easily could be half-time adjustments or that the Niners' offense was impotent.Maybe a 1st class NT is needed to stop Lynch, but not another DE.

I've to disagree. It's mostly fatigue. Frank Gore used to this all the time and still does from time to time. Keeps getting couple yards in the 1st 3 quarter and then breaks a big one in the 4th. Like I said...one of the reasons why time of possession is a crucial because of this factor. Going against a big back...that's always a concern...and Lynch is easily the best bruising back we have in the game today and Seattle keeps feeding him.

There is no point in waiting for Justin to retire and then addressing the situation...and because Tuitt has had experience as a 5 technique tackle/end - he'll be able to come in and help from the get go.

...and Ray McDonald is always an injury risk and Justin is getting older and it'll be better for us to sub him out more often during the regular season...so he can go all out in the post-season.

To get a top notch NT - you've to be near top 10...not at 30th pick.
If you're concerned about injury, I think Crabtree is a bigger worry than McDonald. Also, the Niners offense is the weaker of the two squads, by far. Finding a defensive player makes sense only in the secondary compared to finding a new starting WR. Finding defensive depth only is even less strategic. Lastly, the team will want to focus on developing Carradine on the DL.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I thought you were going to make the pick for me since I PMed you who I wanted...

Great trade up. Allen Robinson was supposed to be on the Rams. Oh well...will take the next best guy. Rams addressed the need to protect Bradford...now they must surround him with better targets. With the speedy Austin on 1 side...they look for a bigger target for him.

WR Jordan Matthews Vanderbilt
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Felt the same way about Amaro.

I thought he'd be gone with the Chief pick.

should know me better than that by now... (I loves ODB for KC) ... but Amaro was a strong, potential target on my KC short list...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
If you're concerned about injury, I think Crabtree is a bigger worry than McDonald. Also, the Niners offense is the weaker of the two squads, by far. Finding a defensive player makes sense only in the secondary compared to finding a new starting WR. Finding defensive depth only is even less strategic. Lastly, the team will want to focus on developing Carradine on the DL.

Got plenty of picks to address the need at WR. Don't like any WR for the Nienrs in the first two rounds except Watkins. I think Crabtree's injury are more of a freak type injuries whereas McDonald has had injury issues since his college days and it's more structural. Also, there is more wear and tear at DL position than at WR position. So, I'm more definitely more concerned about our DL than our WRs. With Boldin likely to return...and Patton going through another off-season...I feel comfortable enough to not reach for one and rather use my 1st rounder on a guy who has a chance to really special.

...and you're right...our strength is defense and we have to maintain that. GMs of great defensive teams continue to use high picks on defense year in and year out.

Great trade up. Allen Robinson was supposed to be on the Rams. Oh well...will take the next best guy. Rams addressed the need to protect Bradford...now they must surround him with better targets. With the speedy Austin on 1 side...they look for a bigger target for him.

Funny thing was I was all set to announce a trade late last night where the Ravens would give up their 2014 4th in exchange for the Giants 2014 5th but then after checking each of their available draft picks I realized that the Ravens had already traded away their 4th and 5th round picks this year to get Eugene Monroe! So I told AB the trade was off but then like 20 minutes later while lying awake in bed I had the inspiration to see if their 2015 4th rounder would be enough to entice the Giants.

So you came even closer to landing him than you thought!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Funny thing was I was all set to announce a trade late last night where the Ravens would give up their 2014 4th in exchange for the Giants 2014 5th but then after checking each of their available draft picks I realized that the Ravens had already traded away their 4th and 5th round picks this year to get Eugene Monroe! So I told AB the trade was off but then like 20 minutes later while lying awake in bed I had the inspiration to see if their 2015 4th rounder would be enough to entice the Giants.

So you came even closer to landing him than you thought!

Thanks ATG. That makes me feel better...NOT

Son of a gun...errrr! That was a brilliant move :'(
Thanks ATG. That makes me feel better...NOT

Son of a gun...errrr! That was a brilliant move :'(

Sorry I'm not sorry.
Steelers looking to trade down to the bottom of the 2nd round. Anyone interested in moving up?
Steelers looking to trade down to the bottom of the 2nd round. Anyone interested in moving up?

Maybe (pats)
Share 49ersWebzone