There are 342 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Here is my initial Mock assuming no trades (ElephantHaley)

I dont like taking a DL in the first.. we have great players and decent depth there already.

McDonald - Under contract, but his contract could be restructured this off season.
Smith - Under contract. One leader of our D who has more to give.
I. Williams - Won the starting NT job last year before he broke his ankle. Will be 100% for training camp.
G. Dorsey - Played admirably at NT this year.
T. Carradine - Total stud that will replace McDonald or Smith long-term.
T. Jerod-Eddie - Improved greatly, played well when given a chance this year. Has a lot of upside
Q. Dial - Mountain of a man who could develop into a starting NT much like Isaac Sopoaga did over time.
L. Okoye - Project with crazy athleticisim. Might develop into a decent role player.

And keep in mind.. we only play 3 (three) DL at any given time on D.

NO NEED.
[ Edited by JimHarbaugh on Feb 7, 2014 at 9:57 AM ]
You guys act like Justin Smith & Ray Mac can play forever. You guys also act like TJE is the next coming. To me, its draft the BPA that also fits a need in the NEAR future. Also you guys act like Tank is a 3/4 DE. He's not, he's an Aldon Smith type pass rusher. Why ruin Tank having him eat up blockers to free up other players. Tuitt is Huge, ideal for 3/4 end who can come in and start by 2015 after Justin is done or if Ray Mac is done.
Tank is not an Aldon Smith type pass rusher. He is a big DE who can also rush the passer. He was drafted with the intent of being the heir apparent to Ray Mac or Justin Smith. Corey Lemonier is more of a Aldon Smith, pass rusher type.
I would only exchange the 2nd. RB for another OLB/DE. Other than that, nice work.
Nice draft that I assume follows the BPA theory with the Tuitt pick. This draft covers most of are priority need areas with pretty decent prospects. Just would like to see a Center/Guard taken somewhere Btw rds 1-4. Nice draft overall with a lot of "football players".
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
30. 3/4 DE Notre Dame Stephon Tuitt 6'6 312 llb
56. CB Missouri EJ Gaines 5'11 195 lbs
61. WR Fresno ST Davonte Adams 6'2 216 lbs
77. Safety Stanford Ed Reynolds 6'2 206 lbs
94. ILB UCONN Yawin Smallwood 6'3 236 lbs
4th. WR Ole Miss Donte Moncrief 6'2 226 llbs
5th. RB Boston College Andre Williams 6' 227 lbs
6th. CB Oregon ST Rashaud Reynolds 5'10 191 lbs
7th. Returner Oregon De'Anthony Thomas 5'9 170 lbs
7th. RB Stanford Tyler Gaffney 6' 226 lbs
7th. OG Wisconsin Ryan Groy 6'5 325 lbs

not a fan of this draft.

no need for a DE in the 1st round, ILB way too early. 2 RB's, pass

"Need" is a fickle thing. It will be next year and both tuitt and hageman are way better than any 34 dls next year.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Gore is finished and at a 6.7$ mil cap figure.... I appreciate everything Gore has given but at age 31 this may, his best days are behind him and the sooner the 49ers realize it the better off.

I will believe that Gore is finished when I see it happen.
Overall, I like it, but echo the comments WRT the RB's. Niners will ask Gore to restructure...I think he'll do it. They want to get him a ring in the worst way.

Only other comment is there's no QB...McCoy will walk, expect Baalke to sign a vet b/u (hoping for Josh McCown). Only other QB is the project Bethel-Thompson. I'd take a guy like Fales, maybe in the 4th rd to develop as a b/u.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Solid draft, first 5 picks cover all the needs. De'Anthony Thomas is tough to figure, may go higher. We have LMJ, do we want a similar size and talent that will probably sit.

LMJ is a goner! rumored on the trade block from what I read. So why replace him with a clone and from Oregon again? Just get a 6th or 7th from LMJ and carry on...
I do like Andre Williams though. Tough runner, heisman candidate, his frame reminds me of a bigger Barry Sanders. Not saying he is.. Barry, but I think he is a steal!

I've watched a lot of Antone Exum, being a VT fan, and this kid is def. a steal as well. No doubt about it!

not a fan of this draft.

I would pass on the 2 RB's as well. A DE has merit. He can rotate in and produce immediately and provide depth in case McDonald or Smith get injured. Tank still needs to bulk up some and no one else we have would be a good sub. I would pass on the ILB too unless they are looking to let Wilhoite go as well.

not a fan of this draft.

I would pass on the 2 RB's as well. A DE has merit. He can rotate in and produce immediately and provide depth in case McDonald or Smith get injured. Tank still needs to bulk up some and no one else we have would be a good sub. I would pass on the ILB too unless they are looking to let Wilhoite go as well.