LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

Here is my initial Mock assuming no trades (ElephantHaley)

30. 3/4 DE Notre Dame Stephon Tuitt 6'6 312 llb
56. CB Missouri EJ Gaines 5'11 195 lbs
61. WR Fresno ST Davonte Adams 6'2 216 lbs
77. Safety Stanford Ed Reynolds 6'2 206 lbs
94. ILB UCONN Yawin Smallwood 6'3 236 lbs
4th. WR Ole Miss Donte Moncrief 6'2 226 llbs
5th. RB Boston College Andre Williams 6' 227 lbs
6th. CB Oregon ST Rashaud Reynolds 5'10 191 lbs
7th. Returner Oregon De'Anthony Thomas 5'9 170 lbs
7th. RB Stanford Tyler Gaffney 6' 226 lbs
7th. OG Wisconsin Ryan Groy 6'5 325 lbs
Nice draft. I would pass on the 2 RB's in the 5th and 7th round. We have 4 on the roster already and no roster spots available. Also a 7th round Guard may have a difficult time making the team unless he has Center experience and this draft assumes Kilgore will be the starter at Center.

for thought

Replace
#94 ILB with Center Weston Richburg or Bryan Stork
5th rd RB with DE Josh Mauro Stanford.
7th rd G with Aaron Colvin CB stash on the pup list
Too many RBs for my liking. I think Andre Williams goes higher than rd 5. I can see Moncrief falling a little, not a lot tho.

The rest looks fine. I would love if Adams fell to us at 61. If it happened I wouldn't be mad at all. I am super high on Tuitt. Pass rusher, perfect fit as 3-4 DE IMO.
Well this allow them to move Gore to safety
Gore is finished and at a 6.7$ mil cap figure. Gotta figure LMJ is not an every down in between the tackle RB and kendall is a change of pace RB and Lattimore is the big unknown with his knee issues so there is a need at RB. I appreciate everything Gore has given but at age 31 this may, his best days are behind him and the sooner the 49ers realize it the better off.
That 7th round Guard, Groy has been versatile at the college level. Do we need the ILB?
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Nice draft. I would pass on the 2 RB's in the 5th and 7th round. We have 4 on the roster already and no roster spots available. Also a 7th round Guard may have a difficult time making the team unless he has Center experience and this draft assumes Kilgore will be the starter at Center.

for thought

Replace
#94 ILB with Center Weston Richburg or Bryan Stork
5th rd RB with DE Josh Mauro Stanford.
7th rd G with Aaron Colvin CB stash on the pup list

I like these ideas and yes he does have center and tackle experience.
Solid draft, first 5 picks cover all the needs. De'Anthony Thomas is tough to figure, may go higher. We have LMJ, do we want a similar size and talent that will probably sit.
Nice mock
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Gore is finished and at a 6.7$ mil cap figure. Gotta figure LMJ is not an every down in between the tackle RB and kendall is a change of pace RB and Lattimore is the big unknown with his knee issues so there is a need at RB. I appreciate everything Gore has given but at age 31 this may, his best days are behind him and the sooner the 49ers realize it the better off.

Truth is if we wanted to get hardcore Gore would be cut or take a pay cut. He is such a big part of the soul of the team it is hard to do. If Lattimore is all that and a bag of chips in preseason they may make a move. I do think he has 1 more great season in him but with 3 really good back ups and no future it's getting to be about that time. Sad but true.

Gore is not finished. He will likely be asked to restructure. We have Hunter and Lattimore. No need for more RBs.

By no means is Gore done. He'll have another 1000 yards next season for us.
Andre Williams is worth checking out if he is there at that point, he has size, power and speed.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
By no means is Gore done. He'll have another 1000 yards next season for us.
So will plenty of other RBs too.

His cap number is too high, either restructure or cut.
Might be the most complete mock I have seen. Hits on a lot of needs.
30. 3/4 DE Notre Dame Stephon Tuitt 6'6 312 llb
56. CB Missouri EJ Gaines 5'11 195 lbs
61. WR Fresno ST Davonte Adams 6'2 216 lbs
77. Safety Stanford Ed Reynolds 6'2 206 lbs
94. ILB UCONN Yawin Smallwood 6'3 236 lbs
4th. WR Ole Miss Donte Moncrief 6'2 226 llbs
5th. RB Boston College Andre Williams 6' 227 lbs
6th. CB Oregon ST Rashaud Reynolds 5'10 191 lbs
7th. Returner Oregon De'Anthony Thomas 5'9 170 lbs
7th. RB Stanford Tyler Gaffney 6' 226 lbs
7th. OG Wisconsin Ryan Groy 6'5 325 lbs