There are 145 users in the forums

Glory's 2014 pre-draft mock & offseason moves

Nice mock
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
What's Paul Richardson's estimated 40 yard dash? Just curious. No one has been talking about him.
I'm guessing in the mid 4.40's

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
What happened to Bowman on the depth chart? Did he retire?
I just posted a guestimated Week 1 depth chart.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Stopped reading at Pollard. Guys a cancer.

How so?

Just Google him and read about the Great and wonderful things he has done. Also what former teammates and opposing players say about him. There are reasons why he is a FA every year.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Stopped reading at Pollard. Guys a cancer.

How so?

Just Google him and read about the Great and wonderful things he has done. Also what former teammates and opposing players say about him. There are reasons why he is a FA every year.

I'd say he's a dirty player. I wouldn't say he's a cancer though. He and Delanie Walker spoke out together about the cancers in the locker room and it didn't seem Pollard was one.
Originally posted by Diaperfan:
Going to draft starting center or go with Kilgore. Paying premium when we are cash strapped doesn't make much sense for the center position.

Makes sense. No Mack means more cap room for other things :)

I was drafting a center but since we're getting Mack I went with Richardson. But yeah, Kilgore might be put into play. Barrows thinks so.
I'd be pisst if we signed Pollard is that the guy who pushed the ref in the superbowl?
Originally posted by Since07:
I'd be pisst if we signed Pollard is that the guy who pushed the ref in the superbowl?

That was Cary Williams not Pollard.
Like the re-signings of Boldin and Dawson, but I think you are being a little overzealous with free agency. That is not the Niners M.O. Munnerlyn and Mack should be retained by their existing teams. If the Niners don't pay a higher salary to resign Whitner, why would they pursue another veteran safety like Pollard? The Niners build through the draft because the costs are lower for at least 3 years.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Like the re-signings of Boldin and Dawson, but I think you are being a little overzealous with free agency. That is not the Niners M.O. Munnerlyn and Mack should be retained by their existing teams. If the Niners don't pay a higher salary to resign Whitner, why would they pursue another veteran safety like Pollard? The Niners build through the draft because the costs are lower for at least 3 years.
I have no idea about FA and apparently you hit that right off the bat. Mack will be too expensive, I concur. Munnerlyn and Pollard, though, are unrestricted FA's. And they'll probably come cheap. Pollard made 1.3 MM last season. Whitner? 3.3. That's a cap savings of 2 MM.

Just trying to fill in the holes with some veterans for the loss of Whitner and probably a slew of CB's in Rogers, Brown, and Wright.
Share 49ersWebzone