There are 239 users in the forums

Something a little different - prospects you don't want on the Niners

Originally posted by KaptooCrab:
What dont you like about Benjamin? He would be on my short list of draftable receivers for us. He is a huge target hes physical not a burner but he can get open willing blocker in the run game. NOW I wouldn't stop with him if draft a speed guy who can return punts as well because you can only watch LMJ fair catch so many times or run right into his blockers

I lol whenever I hear a 49er fan complain about LMJ as a return man, you realize he ranked #4 in the NFL in both punt and kick return average?
Originally posted by Raul98:
AJ Jenkins and Kentwan Balmer

I'll see your AJ and Ketwan and raise you a Reggie McGrew and Mike Rumph and throw in a Rashaun Woods.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I lol whenever I hear a 49er fan complain about LMJ as a return man, you realize he ranked #4 in the NFL in both punt and kick return average?

hes still pretty shaky on punt returns. I kind of hold my breath every time he fields one
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I'm guessing he's going to run like a 4.55 at the combine. Obviously speed isn't everything, but we do need someone who can stretch the field and Mike Evans isn't that guy. Also, you don't necessarily have to have a fast 40, you just have to have football speed and be quick in and out of your breaks, but I don't really see that from Mike Evans either.

Jerry Rice is a good example, ran a 4.65-4.7 at combine, but as Walsh said, once he caught the ball, he never saw anyone catch hime from behind in college.

I said it once and I'll say it again, they should time them in pads, in the 40 and agility drills.
Marcus Roberson CB Florida.
I watched him play, and there is absolutely nothing special about him that I can discern--not a great cover or press corner and seems to be lazy on a lot of plays--definitely don't want to hand him a starting spot. Would much rather trade up for Gilbert or draft Verett and have him cover the slot.
Here's a name that keeps coming up that I cannot believe anyone would want on the Niners roster..........Colt Lyerla. Sorry but no known felons or coke fiends should be considered a legit prospect for our team.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Looks soft to me too. Reminds me of Jimmy Graham. And Graham is soft.

Lol WTf?
Bryant and Benjamin have bust written all over.
Share 49ersWebzone