LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 169 users in the forums

Something a little different - prospects you don't want on the Niners

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Kelvin Benjamin

At least, not in the 1st round and honestly I would even hesitate to pick him with our first 2nd-rounder. Way too raw imo.

agree
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Clowney. Lazy, unmotivated, motivationally lacking, etc.

will be a monumental bust. i'll bet he never makes 1st team all pro. my guess is lemonier and clowney will have similer stats in year 5.
Originally posted by Diaperfan:
Martaveous Bryant and kelvin Benjamin.

Why not Bryant? One of the highest rated WRs on my board
Keith McGill is sort of like Chris Culliver. He played safety as well can play all spots in the secondary!
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Where would you pick him, given our current picks?
2b to 3a rds,He is a good wr that can get better,He can take the top off a defense and he is taller then Sheman and faster so I can see Kaep throwing to him on a Go route for a TD this will stop the hawks from loading the box with chancellor,this will open the running game for lattimore/gore.
Ahmad Dixon
Kelvin Benjamin - has the Dealnie syndrome
Actually wouldn't mind 1 of our DT's being a big physical run stuffing NT. Dial is close. What is he, about 318lbs? Even in a pass rush a big NT may not blow by anybody and get sacks but they can get push up the gut or eat up 2 blockers and you can sub them out on passing downs.
Allen Robinson
Kelvin Benjamin. I think the first round hype is more about size than actual production. He's coming along, but we need a receiver that is ready to go right now, not later on down the road.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Clowney. Lazy, unmotivated, motivationally lacking, etc.

So...if Clowney drops to 30 - you'll pass on him?
Originally posted by xcfan:
don't want anyone who looks like adonis in underwear but has consistently bad film. also, these two are anathema: inaccurate passer & receiver with suspect hands.

Mike Mamula
Jim Druckenmiller
Rahsaun Woods

End of the 3rd. If he runs a fast 40 and work out well and starts moving up the boards, I have no problem selecting him at the end of the 2nd. To me, he's a better prospect than Hunter was last year. He's tall, has excellent hands and absolutely elite body control when going up for the ball or moving along the sidelines. It's also been said that the coaching staff believes he's the most talented of the 3 Clemson receivers (a group that includes Hopkins and Watkins). Boyd rarely looked to him due to the other talent on around him, but he did often like going to him in the redzone. I think he has tremendous upside. I don't think he's fare particularly well against Seattle's secondary, but I also don't believe in drafting only with that in mind. We can beat Seattle, and we don't need to re-invent the wheel in order to do so.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Kelvin Benjamin. I think the first round hype is more about size than actual production. He's coming along, but we need a receiver that is ready to go right now, not later on down the road.

Actually, if we re-sign Boldin, there's no problem with waiting for a player to develop at WR. Anyone we draft is going to be behind Q and MC, and depending on his development in the offseason, possibly Patton as well. While Benjamin's overall WR skills aren't anything to write home about, his size can't be denied. He is the definition of a grown man. I don't know much about the kid's work ethic or intelligence, but if he shows enough intangibles to suggest he can further develop, he could become an unstoppable force. Much like Alshon

End of the 3rd. If he runs a fast 40 and work out well and starts moving up the boards, I have no problem selecting him at the end of the 2nd. To me, he's a better prospect than Hunter was last year. He's tall, has excellent hands and absolutely elite body control when going up for the ball or moving along the sidelines. It's also been said that the coaching staff believes he's the most talented of the 3 Clemson receivers (a group that includes Hopkins and Watkins). Boyd rarely looked to him due to the other talent on around him, but he did often like going to him in the redzone. I think he has tremendous upside. I don't think he's fare particularly well against Seattle's secondary, but I also don't believe in drafting only with that in mind. We can beat Seattle, and we don't need to re-invent the wheel in order to do so.

I want Bryant on the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone