There are 237 users in the forums

Something a little different - prospects you don't want on the Niners

We will spend another 3 months debating and evaluating who we want the Niners to add to their roster. Why not change it up a little? Who don't you want the Niners to pick? One offense and one defense.

I'll start........

Offense - Logan Thomas QB VA Tech - I know he's plutonium grade raw material, but he didn't show well enough in the Senior Bowl for me.
Defense - Daniel McCullers DT Tennessee - I think our d line is fine without a big NT. You can't teach size, but we need someone who can move and also rush the passer. Just haven't seen enough from this guy to warrant a pick.

Your thoughts..........
Mike Evans- Too slow, not explosive enough. Bad matchup against Seattle
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

How fast is he?
Keith McGill. I dont have a clue into what people may see in this guy. Maybe I haven't seen enough, but that's only because I couldn't stand to watch anymore of him.
Looks like he's afraid of contact. Slow recognition to diagnose plays, not very physical in coverage from what ive seen. Not good instincts in recognizing receiver breaks and routes. Run support, meh.

I know everyone likes the length, but he doesn't look nearly good enough a prospect to consider
Originally posted by bigwads:

How fast is he?

I'm guessing he's going to run like a 4.55 at the combine. Obviously speed isn't everything, but we do need someone who can stretch the field and Mike Evans isn't that guy. Also, you don't necessarily have to have a fast 40, you just have to have football speed and be quick in and out of your breaks, but I don't really see that from Mike Evans either.
Martaveous Bryant and kelvin Benjamin.
What dont you like about Benjamin? He would be on my short list of draftable receivers for us. He is a huge target hes physical not a burner but he can get open willing blocker in the run game. NOW I wouldn't stop with him if draft a speed guy who can return punts as well because you can only watch LMJ fair catch so many times or run right into his blockers

I 2nd that and raise you another turtle in Zach Mettenberger.
Clowney. Lazy, unmotivated, motivationally lacking, etc.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Keith McGill. I dont have a clue into what people may see in this guy. Maybe I haven't seen enough, but that's only because I couldn't stand to watch anymore of him.
Looks like he's afraid of contact. Slow recognition to diagnose plays, not very physical in coverage from what ive seen. Not good instincts in recognizing receiver breaks and routes. Run support, meh.

I know everyone likes the length, but he doesn't look nearly good enough a prospect to consider

100% agree on McGill. I cannot understand how he is rated so high by some -- maybe it's just his size and speed? I do not see a player whose skill set transfers over to the NFL well. McGill got roasted constantly almost every time I watched him play. The guy's lateral mobility is very poor, he does not redirect well and I'm not sure he would even be good at safety.

With McGill, I just feel like he's a big play waiting to happen -- for the offense.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 6, 2014 at 10:02 AM ]

Originally posted by Garlicboy:

I 2nd that and raise you another turtle in Zach Mettenberger.

Looks soft to me too. Reminds me of Jimmy Graham. And Graham is soft.
Kelvin Benjamin

At least, not in the 1st round and honestly I would even hesitate to pick him with our first 2nd-rounder. Way too raw imo.
AJ Jenkins and Kentwan Balmer
Originally posted by Raul98:
AJ Jenkins and Kentwan Balmer

Send in your resume to Jed
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
don't want anyone who looks like adonis in underwear but has consistently bad film. also, these two are anathema: inaccurate passer & receiver with suspect hands.
Share 49ersWebzone