Roster spots:
Offense poss: OL 8, QB 2, TE 3, HB 4, FB 2, WR 6
QB if McCoy goes 1
OL Goodwin & Snyder 2
WR If Boldin resigns 3 safe spots 2-3 Osgood is not guaranteed
TE Celek could get beat out 1 potential

Defense poss: DL 8, LB 8, CB 5, S 4
DL Keep 8 Starting 3 + Tank, Dial safe Maybe Williams, potential 2-3
LB 0 1 temp if Bowman not ready or if Wilhoite not kept Lemonier,Skuta & Moody probably safe
S 1 safe Reid, if Whitner leaves need 1 but Dahl and Spillman not guaranteed
CB 2 safe Brock and Culliver poss Cox or Morris 2-3

There are a potential 14 openings on the team. That doesn't include pre-opening day injuries. Last year Crabtree and Culliver were injured before the season started creating 2 more openings.

Other Possibilities: Practice Squad players, Luke Marquardt, Lawrence Okoye and... FREE AGENCY! At least 4 or more new free agents.

I think it's clear that drafting 12 healthy bodies in the 2014 draft is not a prudent thing to do.

My mock is also based on FACTS: They drafted 3 injured players last year and picked up 2 more UDFA. They also lost TWO 7th round picks BJ Daniels and Marcus Cooper on the waiver wire. Based on that information, I would have to think that they are going to draft at least 3, likely more injured players this year and try to sign as many injured UDFA as possible.

Once again my mock factors in the FACT, that they have continually drafted or signed INJURED players.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Roster spots:
Offense poss: OL 8, QB 2, TE 3, HB 4, FB 2, WR 6
QB if McCoy goes 1
OL Goodwin & Snyder 2
WR If Boldin resigns 3 safe spots 2-3 Osgood is not guaranteed
TE Celek could get beat out 1 potential

Defense poss: DL 8, LB 8, CB 5, S 4
DL Keep 8 Starting 3 + Tank, Dial safe Maybe Williams, potential 2-3
LB 0 1 temp if Bowman not ready or if Wilhoite not kept Lemonier,Skuta & Moody probably safe
S 1 safe Reid, if Whitner leaves need 1 but Dahl and Spillman not guaranteed
CB 2 safe Brock and Culliver poss Cox or Morris 2-3

There are a potential 14 openings on the team. That doesn't include pre-opening day injuries. Last year Crabtree and Culliver were injured before the season started creating 2 more openings.

Other Possibilities: Practice Squad players, Luke Marquardt, Lawrence Okoye and... FREE AGENCY! At least 4 or more new free agents.

I think it's clear that drafting 12 healthy bodies in the 2014 draft is not a prudent thing to do.

My mock is also based on FACTS: They drafted 3 injured players last year and picked up 2 more UDFA. They also lost TWO 7th round picks BJ Daniels and Marcus Cooper on the waiver wire. Based on that information, I would have to think that they are going to draft at least 3, likely more injured players this year and try to sign as many injured UDFA as possible.

Once again my mock factors in the FACT, that they have continually drafted or signed INJURED players.
At this point it is all speculation by all of us. One thing we know is that the salary cap is now a major priority. Before we sucked and it wasn't an issue. Then we started winning but we were young. Now it's how are we going to extend Aldon Smith and Kap and Crabtree and can we resign Boldin or Whitner , or Iupati next year. It changes some things. They will look less to FA's and more to cap friendly rookies. Anything is possible but that seems to be the direction.

Here is a possible mock for an example only.
1 DE Stephen Tuitt
2a CB Jason Verett
2b WR Jordan Landry
3a C Weston Richburg
3b S Ahmad Dixon
3c WR Martavis Bryant
4 QB David Fales
5 DE Josh Mauro
6 CB Jalen Watkins
7a PR/KR Dri Archer
7b CB Pup list Aaron Colvin or G Spencer Long
7c FB Pup list Trey Millard

Such a draft would produce 10 rookies that would most likely make the team and 2 pup list stashes. All are very possible according to our team needs and current player rankings. Names will change over time and surely after the combine but a Position draft of this type would be very possible and there are spots available for all 10 healthy players to fill immediately.

We are all speculating at this time. We will learn more and more as time goes on. Are we resigning Boldin and Whitner? Are contracts extended Are FA's signed. Is Wilhoite kept or released? Do they want a rookie back up QB or a vet? On and on. The more Info we get the more things adjust and we don't have much info yet.

Remember , this is not a mock , just an example of what is possible, but it is surely not beyond the realm of reason.
you drafted 6 injured players.....SIX!!!!!!!! That's all I have to say