There are 159 users in the forums

Garlicboy Mock #3

My mock is based not on who I want, but who I think will be available at the pick. I'm more conservative, but at least I don't get my hopes up.

1- WR: Marquise Lee- Not only is he the deep threat but also returns kicks (traded away late 3rd to move up)

2a- SS: Deone Bucannon- Hopefully a bigger and better Donte Whitner

2b- INJURED/REDSHIRT- Dominique Easley- Tank looks solid in the spring, why not another redshirt DE in 2014?

3a- CB: Louchiez Purifoy or Jayleen Watkins- 49ers did well with a speedy athletic CB in 2011 in Chris Culliver, do the same here.

3b- WR: Donte Moncreif/Martavis Bryant- 2013 stats not inflated due to playing on teams w/deep WR corps.

4- INJURED/REDSHIRT- QB- Aaron Murray- Productive 4 year starter who played in a Pro-style offense
5- INJURED/REDSHIRT- CB- Aaron Colvin- a steal in the late 5th round.
6- INJURED/REDSHIRT- SS- Vinnie Sunseri- perfect time draft him, will battle Spillman and Dahl for roster spot in 2015
7a- INJURED/REDSHIRT- FB- Trey Millard- the 2nd coming of Tom Rathman
7b- INJURED/REDSHIRT- OG- Spencer Long, 2nd team All- American in 2012

7c- QB/TE: Logan Thomas/ WR: Kevin Norwood/ KR: Dri Archer/ WR: Geremy Gallon/ QB: Connor Shaw/LB: Jeremiah George

Put Dominique Easley back in the mock and Marquise Lee is being underrated much like Keenan Allen was last year. Also provided options. Obviously Baalke may move up and down when drafting the Injured/Redshirt players.
Personally I would like EJ Gaines instead of Purifoy but Overall this is a GREAT mock. I definitely agree that Lee is being very underrated.
yeah, ok, not bad. Not my favorite players, but pretty solid until the 4th. Not that I don't like those players, or don't think we can draft a few injured guys with how deep our team is and how many picks we have, but drafting 6 guys that won't play the entire year is overkill. Easley makes sense. Colvin too. Maybe the 7th rounders. Otherwise we'll need some production out of the other guys in rds 4,5,6
The problem is we have very real needs this draft. We are losing at least 2 and probably 3 CB's this offseason. In addition to a couple of corners we could use a WR or two and possibly a Center and a safety. I would rather use the 2nd round pick on a Center and the 4th rounder on another CB who could help us now.

Not thrilled about the 6th round pick for an injured safety who wasn't projected to go very high in the 1st place. I don't mind drafting pup list guys but I want guys that would have been 1st or 2nd or possibly early 3rd rounders if they were healthy.

The rest of the draft is solid.
I like it a lot.
I like it a lot.
---
[ Edited by communist on Feb 6, 2014 at 10:03 AM ]
1a: A
exactly what we need at WR from the beginning of the next season on

2a: A
very good replacement for Whitner, either now or some years later

2b: F
is seriously knee-injured for the second time in his collegiate career. Would not pick him before the 4th

3a: A
a CB is needed. However, nice work that you NOT picked one in the early rounds because we are good at drafting good DBs late

4: A
backup QB is needed, Murray seems to be pro-ready, would been gone on the day two if not seriously injured

5: B
I think that Colvin will be available in the 6th round as well, Nevertheless, good pick

6: --
who is this?

7: B
Long, Millard, Archer I like...would try to trade one or several of our 7th-rounders for an additional 4th-rounder in order to draft Easley with it
Would work for me. I still think we move around in the draft though.
Originally posted by communist:
1a: A
exactly what we need at WR from the beginning of the next season on

2a: A
very good replacement for Whitner, either now or some years later

2b: F
is seriously knee-injured for the second time in his collegiate career. Would not pick him before the 4th

3a: A
a CB is needed. However, nice work that you NOT picked one in the early rounds because we are good at drafting good DBs late

4: A
backup QB is needed, Murray seems to be pro-ready, would been gone on the day two if not seriously injured

5: B
I think that Colvin will be available in the 6th round as well, Nevertheless, good pick

6: --
who is this?

7: B
Long, Millard, Archer I like...would try to trade one or several of our 7th-rounders for an additional 4th-rounder in order to draft Easley with it

Vinnie Sunseri is a smart, instinctual, ss from Alabama who was the quarterback of that defense. When he was injured during the season, the defense looked a little lost. I don't know if he is athletic enough to play at the next level.

Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
The problem is we have very real needs this draft. We are losing at least 2 and probably 3 CB's this offseason. In addition to a couple of corners we could use a WR or two and possibly a Center and a safety. I would rather use the 2nd round pick on a Center and the 4th rounder on another CB who could help us now.

Not thrilled about the 6th round pick for an injured safety who wasn't projected to go very high in the 1st place. I don't mind drafting pup list guys but I want guys that would have been 1st or 2nd or possibly early 3rd rounders if they were healthy.

I agree with Mc beat here. We need CB's who can play right away so I would get another CB instead of Sunseri. Easley should be available later on so maybe a C like Richburg would be a good pick in the late 2nd. If we get Murray, why take Thomas? Overall a solid draft.
2 Thumbs up! A+ A+
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I agree with Mc beat here. We need CB's who can play right away so I would get another CB instead of Sunseri. Easley should be available later on so maybe a C like Richburg would be a good pick in the late 2nd. If we get Murray, why take Thomas? Overall a solid draft.
Brock and Culliver will be here, we will look for a #3 CB in the FA for sure. So, there is no big need for starter-ready CB imho.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
yeah, ok, not bad. Not my favorite players, but pretty solid until the 4th. Not that I don't like those players, or don't think we can draft a few injured guys with how deep our team is and how many picks we have, but drafting 6 guys that won't play the entire year is overkill. Easley makes sense. Colvin too. Maybe the 7th rounders. Otherwise we'll need some production out of the other guys in rds 4,5,6

2 words: Free Agency

2 words: Red shirt
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

Not realistic, drafting likely 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders in the 7th round.

Proof in the 2013 Draft.

Tank Carridine- 2nd round
Marcus Lattimore- 4th round
Quniton Dial- 5th round

Spending a late 6th and 3 7th's on injured players IMHO is a wise investment.
Share 49ersWebzone