There are 270 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The All-WR Mock 49er Draft

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Rd 1. Allen Robinson, Penn St. -- all-around, size receiver. can physically handle the nfl. good route runner, allowing him to get some separation despite not having blinding speed. safe, steady pick; no glaring weaknesses, so productivity is very likely.

Rd 2. Brandin Cooks, Oregon St. -- difference maker, in that he can stretch the field instantly. a game-planning asset for the 49ers.

Rd 2. Martavis Bryant, Clemson -- randy moss-lite. big athletic upside with this guy; could become a go-to guy down the road.

Rd 3. Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin -- very skilled. underrated athlete because he doesn't have a deep tan. the guy's the state record holder in the high hurdles--don't tell me he isn't quick and very well coordinated.

Rd 3. Bruce Ellington, South Carolina -- short, football-tough, and super athletic. needs work to become nfl savvy, but could develop into a guy who frustrates defenses.

Rd 3. Josh Huff, Oregon -- nfl playmaker-quality athleticism. if being a full-time nfl player allows him to iron out consistency issues, he can be special in some situations. would inject explosiveness into 49er wr play.

Rd 4. Robert Herron, Wyoming -- legit, high-level football athlete who will easily slide into nfl playmaking on a limited basis while he learns. short, and a couple years away from being a savvy, nfl route runner; he will be on the field a lot once he gets coached up.

Rd 5. Jeff Janis, Sag Valley -- skilled and competitive up to and after the catch. just might have enough to become a legit #2 someday. good size; good physicality.

Rd 6. Michael Companaro, Wake -- just enough athleticism to get on a nfl field, but more than enough savvy to be a contributor. he's a tough, dependable, detailed player who can be a quality backup, and could probably do some stuff on special teams.

Rd 7. Shaq Evans, UCLA -- mr all-around good player, but nothing special. kind of guy that may develop into a quality backup. if he becomes skilled at all the little things a nfl wr needs to know, he could be a backup on a roster for 10 years because he has no glaring physical weaknesses.

Rd. 7. Matt Hazel, Coastal Carolina -- how to describe this guy? he's like 70% aj jenkins and 30% cecil shorts. quick, smooth, shifty, fairly skilled guy who's not going to impress with his physicality, but can be a dependable backup if a couple injuries crop up. has always made plays. practice squad type for now.

Rd 7. Kain Colter, Northwestern -- more like a 4th round athlete. hasn't had many reps at WR, but has a lot of football talent that just needs developing. could surprise in a couple years as a part-time playmaker. reminds me of austin collie.

Rd. 7 George Atkinson, ND -- yeah, yeah, i know, he's a RB, but i move him to WR because his measureables say he can develop there. very good speed and body control, but has the stoutness of a WR not a nfl RB. my sleeper for developing into a starting nfl WR down the road.

opinions?
Positives- I like the Shaq Evans pick!
Negatives- no Jordan Matthews! Wtf!!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Positives- I like the Shaq Evans pick!
Negatives- no Jordan Matthews! Wtf!!

close call; could be a toss up. robinson has more suddenness for his size.
I want Robinson in the 1st.. we might have to move up to 18-20 to get him tho.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Rd 1. Allen Robinson, Penn St. -- all-around, size receiver. can physically handle the nfl. good route runner, allowing him to get some separation despite not having blinding speed. safe, steady pick; no glaring weaknesses, so productivity is very likely.

Rd 2. Brandin Cooks, Oregon St. -- difference maker, in that he can stretch the field instantly. a game-planning asset for the 49ers.

Rd 2. Martavis Bryant, Clemson -- randy moss-lite. big athletic upside with this guy; could become a go-to guy down the road.

Rd 3. Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin -- very skilled. underrated athlete because he doesn't have a deep tan. the guy's the state record holder in the high hurdles--don't tell me he isn't quick and very well coordinated.

Rd 3. Bruce Ellington, South Carolina -- short, football-tough, and super athletic. needs work to become nfl savvy, but could develop into a guy who frustrates defenses.

Rd 3. Josh Huff, Oregon -- nfl playmaker-quality athleticism. if being a full-time nfl player allows him to iron out consistency issues, he can be special in some situations. would inject explosiveness into 49er wr play.

Rd 4. Robert Herron, Wyoming -- legit, high-level football athlete who will easily slide into nfl playmaking on a limited basis while he learns. short, and a couple years away from being a savvy, nfl route runner; he will be on the field a lot once he gets coached up.

Rd 5. Jeff Janis, Sag Valley -- skilled and competitive up to and after the catch. just might have enough to become a legit #2 someday. good size; good physicality.

Rd 6. Michael Companaro, Wake -- just enough athleticism to get on a nfl field, but more than enough savvy to be a contributor. he's a tough, dependable, detailed player who can be a quality backup, and could probably do some stuff on special teams.

Rd 7. Shaq Evans, UCLA -- mr all-around good player, but nothing special. kind of guy that may develop into a quality backup. if he becomes skilled at all the little things a nfl wr needs to know, he could be a backup on a roster for 10 years because he has no glaring physical weaknesses.

Rd. 7. Matt Hazel, Coastal Carolina -- how to describe this guy? he's like 70% aj jenkins and 30% cecil shorts. quick, smooth, shifty, fairly skilled guy who's not going to impress with his physicality, but can be a dependable backup if a couple injuries crop up. has always made plays. practice squad type for now.

Rd 7. Kain Colter, Northwestern -- more like a 4th round athlete. hasn't had many reps at WR, but has a lot of football talent that just needs developing. could surprise in a couple years as a part-time playmaker. reminds me of austin collie.

Rd. 7 George Atkinson, ND -- yeah, yeah, i know, he's a RB, but i move him to WR because his measureables say he can develop there. very good speed and body control, but has the stoutness of a WR not a nfl RB. my sleeper for developing into a starting nfl WR down the road.

opinions?
BOSS. If we don't hit on a WR after this draft we are f**ked.
It doesn't surprise me at all to see this on the WZ. I think this is what WZers really want. A WR in every round.
Ya know, Robinson is really the only guy on the list I don't really like. His production was a lot like that guy we traded this past season. But your efforts show that there is a lot of talent to be had in this draft. P.S.- I love the Abbredaris kid. Yes he is an underrated athlete.
Well that would pretty much cover our WR needs, nothing else, but the WR question would most likely be settled for one more season at least.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It doesn't surprise me at all to see this on the WZ. I think this is what WZers really want. A WR in every round.

SMH. You are a piece of work my friend.
where is Landry and Moncreif?
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Ya know, Robinson is really the only guy on the list I don't really like. His production was a lot like that guy we traded this past season. But your efforts show that there is a lot of talent to be had in this draft. P.S.- I love the Abbredaris kid. Yes he is an underrated athlete.

Agree. I bet he goes later than most people think he would.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
where is Landry and Moncreif?

only have two 2nd rd picks. went with speed and redzone. i wouldn't be mad if we picked landry or moncreif at pick #30. i have over ten WRs in the top 40. we better get a couple good ones because this position is DEEP, and you have to jump on opportunities.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:

who ya got at 30?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Agree. I bet he goes later than most people think he would.

who ya got at 30?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
as an alternative, i'd trade a 3rd to move up and get lee from usc. he's a nice lump of clay to mold. we could do some things with that uncommon explosiveness.
he's got some "wow" factor that it would be nice to see a few times per game.