13 = 16, next 3rd
23 = 26, 105
25 = 76, next 1st, next 4th

2006 DRAFT

11 = 15, 68
12 = 13, 181
22 = 37, 68
26 = 42, 73
I'm sure it's been said already, but I highly doubt Ha-Ha would be available with pick# 30. But Sammy Watkins + Haha would inspire a lot of hope.
The 05 draft is one that caught my eye. That's a 3rd and future 1st and future 4th for the 25th pick in the draft. Obviously that's not the 5th pick in the draft but according to you guys the trade would essentially be a 1st round pick for a 2nd, 3rd and 5th round pick if we're using your draft chart to value the picks.

The trade I offered would equal out to 2 2nds and a 3rd. I think that would be enough to get into the top 10. Your giving up a 2nd instead of a 3rd and a 3rd instead of a 5th.

I don't put much value into the draft chart for reasons that I have previously stated. The #1 reason being that the #1 pick is about the same value as the last 5 picks of the 1st round in the draft. I think we can all agree that is pretty absurd.

So again if we moved up last year 13 spots by only giving up a 3rd rounder, is it that ridiculous to think we could move up 12 more spots by giving up a 2nd rounder too?
[ Edited by JimDrinkAMiller on Feb 7, 2014 at 5:12 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I'm sure it's been said already, but I highly doubt Ha-Ha would be available with pick# 30. But Sammy Watkins + Haha would inspire a lot of hope.

Sure would. I realize this is very wishful thinking but it the 1st mock draft I've ever done. I don't think I did too bad considering I don't have very much experience with this. HAHA probably lands somewhere in the middle of the 1st round but I've seen guys fall a lot deeper in the draft than where they were projected. A good example would be Sharif Floyd last year.
Jim...Boldin fits everything Harbaugh loves...tough, physical, fights for the football. Ok, so he'll be 34 this year...he's physically in great shape, he's a team leader and wants to finish his career in SF. He's not going anywhere. He's worth every bit of $5M a year and he'll get it, too. Forget trading up to get Sammy Watkins...is he the best WR available? Maybe. How often, though, have we seen these "can't miss" guys do exactly that, miss. There are other guys who're as fast as he is...Beckham, M. Lee, even Abbrederis, who arguably may be available without even trading up. If Baalke gets one of those guys without trading up, or even moving up a few spots, that's a far better option than what you've laid out.

Wilhoite's already signed for 2014...I could see Baalke extending his contract after Bowman returns, i.e. thanks for doing a good job. I see Brown testing the FA waters...and I'd venture to say there are likely a number of teams that'll offer considerably more than 4 yrs/$19M. I'd much rather have Josh McCown than Henne. The latter most likely envisions becoming a starter again...Josh understands his role and would be content to play behind Kap.

I'm not sure how interested Harbaalke still is in Eric Wright...the fact they started Cox over him late in the season doesn't bode well for him. Agree they'd like to have a vet for depth, just not sure it'll be him. I'm all in w/Osgood, he's a beast on ST's. I think they'll sign Dawson for 2 yrs, for something close to what he's getting now. I doubt they'd let Whitner walk and cut Dahl...the latter's got the most experience at both S positions. You'd then have a rookie playing alongside Reid.

I don't see them spending $3M on Kuhn...I don't think he gets out of GB, anyway, they love him there. If Harbaugh feels he needs a 2nd FB, he can draft one for a lot cheaper than any FA's out there. WRT Arthur Jones, why would they spend $7.5M when they have TJE. Draft a stud for much less and let him develop.

Now, your draft:

- No Watkins or most likely any WR. Grab the best CB on the board, even if Baalke trades up some (nowhere near top 10) to get him.

- Swanson. No, again. Why draft a C in the 2nd rd...especially when Harbaugh has Kilgore and Looney just waiting for their opportunity. Besides, Snyder can also play the position and Ryan Seymour played everywhere in college. Instead, use that pick to grab a WR, maybe Beckham, to get some real speed in the receiving corps. One of the top S is also a good option.

- McGill. Love this pick...if not him, TB could grab Jean-Baptiste.

- Schofield. Don't know that much about him, but again, with Marquardt, you don't need another OT. Luke will become our swing OT, and there's more than enough versatility throughout the OL to fill any holes that could surface. Take a pass rusher or DL here.

- Fales. Love this pick, too. The fact he played just down the road from Santa Clara is real gravy.

- No problem with either another S or Thomas to be a KR.

- Fleming. Good pick, but you're arguably 3 + rounds too late...if healthy, he won't last 'til the 7th rd.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I did some editing

Leaving-
Donte Whitner
Jonathon Goodwin
Ham, McCoy, Dobbs, Big Dix

Resignings-
T Brown- 4 year 19 mil
Wright- 1 year 600K
Whilhoite- 1 year 600K
Osgood- 1 year 600K
Dawson- 1 year 3 mil

Cuts-
Carlos Rogers
Craig Dhal
Baldwin

Restructure-
Ahmad Brooks
Vernon Davis- Restructure and Extend
RayMac- Restructure and Extend

Extend
Kaepernick- 5 years 90 Mil
Crabtree- 6 years 72 Mil

Free Agent Signings
John Kuhn- 2 years 3 Mil
Emmanuel Sanders- 3 years 10 Mil
Arthur Jones- 3 years 7.5 Mil

Trade
7th pick this year from NO and future 5th for Amini Silatolu from Carolina

Lamichael James to Clevland for future conditional 5th/6th round pick

NFL Draft
49ers make a big splash in day 1 by trading their 2nd round pick from KC, 3rd round pick from TEN and future 1st round pick(2015) to Oakland for the 5th pick in the draft.

1st Round Pick 5
Sammy Watkins- Clemson WR

1st Round Pick 30
Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix- Alabama SS

2nd Round Pick 60
Cornerback

3rd Round
David Fales- San Jose St. QB (if he's still there)

4th Round
Cornerback (again)

5th Round
Safety (again)

This guy (De'Anthony Thomas- Oregon RB/KR/PR) is not going to make it to the 6 / 7 rounds and probably get picked before the 5th...

Holy s**t- LOL. Me too. Well, I lied. I saw the trading up to the 5th pick and keeping our same pick in that year, then I stopped.
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:Leaving- Anquan Boldin, Donte Whitner, Jonathon Goodwin,Ham, McCoy, Dobbs, Cox, Big DixWould love to see Boldin stay but he is turning 34. He is also coming off a great year and will want around 5 mil a year. Whitner is also coming off maybe his best year as a pro and will get a nice contract in free agency. The NFL seems to have it out for this guy and he is still not great in coverage.

Resignings-T Brown- 4 year 19 mil, Wright- 1 year 600K, Whilhoite- 1 year 600K, Osgood- 1 year 600K, Dawson- 1 year 3 mil

Not sure Wright is re-signed if he didn't play last year, but no biggie. Perrish Cox will also have a chance to stick again as well.

Cuts- Carlos Rogers, Craig Dahl, Baldwin

Everybody hates Dahl, but he is a good special teamer and Plan B at the other starting safety spot. He's staying unless they sign a Safety in Free agency.

Restructure- Ahmad Brooks, Vernon Davis- Restructure and Extend, RayMac- Restructure and Extend

I would not extend Ray MacDonald. Lots of mileage on those tires. No need to extend Vernon Davis at this point. Just doesn't make financial sense.

Extend: Kaepernick- 5 years 90 Mil, Crabtree- 6 years 72 Mil

Here's my gripe with the Crabtree extension- TOO EXPENSIVE. You just traded up for Sammy Watkins and have Patton, both of whom you don't know how good they can be. I would wait after this season, If Watkins looks like the clear #1 and Patton also has clear #2 potential, I'd let Crabtree go or franchise him for the season and then try and trade him. If only 1 of the 2 look like starting material, then you can go ahead and sign Crabtree to that big ass contract. Just saying, no need to commit to Crabtree if you have 2 possible stud receivers in waiting in the wings. Although you don't have it on your mock, I can see the 49ers either drafting or signing another WR in Free Agency.

Free Agent SigningsChad Henne- 1 year 1.5 MilJohn Kuhn- 2 years 3 MilEmmanuel Sanders- 3 years 10 MilArthur Jones- 3 years 7.5 Mil

Chad Henne is not a Harbaalke type QB, not super mobile or fast: Examples: Josh Johnson, Colt McCoy, BJ Daniels, McCleod Bethel-Thompson
Emmanuel Sanders is getting PAID, perfect fit, but I think get more than $3 million a year.
Arthur Jones- lot of mileage where does he play on that D-line?

John Kuhn is an interesting signing.

If you cut Dahl, I would think the 49ers have sign a Free agent Safety and CB. Dahl is Plan B if a drafted rookie is not ready to start.

Trade: 7th pick this year from NO and future 5th for Amini Silatolu from Carolina

This is something that is uncharacteristic of the 49ers.
1.) Trading 2 picks for a player
2.) Trading for a player where they have a potential starter and former starter waiting in the wings: Adam Snyder, Joe Looney
*Definitely don't see this happening and don't know why Carolina would trade him away?

Lamichael James to Clevland for future conditional 5th/6th round pick

Not sure why everyone wants to trade LaMichael James? But he does tweet a lot of ME first as opposed to TEAM first stuff.

Nice Mock. I like the outside the box thinking and trade up for Sammy Watkins, bold and awesome move up. I'm more conservative and target Marquise Lee thinking he's this years Keenan Allen (overlooked WR who was tremendous in college Sophmore and Junior seasons), but who has " Take it to the HOUSE" return ability every time he touches the ball. Basically, Marquise Lee is a dual threat: WR and special teams. But Watkins has Julio Jones/AJ Green like potential.

Hard to guess the 49ers thinking in Free Agency, but last couple years they went low key and turn out PRODUCTIVE: Rogers, Dorsey, Skuta, etc.

I still think the 49ers follow their draft history of the past 3 years and draft a few injured players. I also hate to admit it, but I can see them trading a 6th and/or 7th to move up in the draft. I like QB Fales, but I think he's gone in the 3rd. I'm thinking more Aaron Murray who fits the 49ers love of athletic scrambling QB's.

One thing I'd be shocked to see is the trading of picks for players with HIGH salary (like Anquan Boldin last year) because of the lack of cap space.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Of course it won't happen but how many mocks are actually close to what the 49ers actually draft?

You think you know what draft picks are worth because of your little chart but in reality your clueless like the rest of us.

Again your talking like you know what the raiders needs and plans are. The raiders don't have to draft a qb now.

EVERYONE knows the Raiders need a QB and the value of top 5 picks is common knowledge among fans who follow the draft closely.

Do you remember the 2 trades we made in the 2007 draft ? One was at the end of the first round the other at the beginning of the second round. They further validate the points I have attempted to explain to you re: the value of draft picks.

I ran into this article and I thought you might find it interesting. It further proves that future 1st round picks should be coveted more than what you think they should be. I don't think it's ridiculous to think the 49ers 1st round pick next year will be more valuable than their 30th pick this year. If your a legit superbowl contender this year than obviously it makes sense to take the pick this year, but if your rebuilding and need help in so many areas like the raiders than it makes more sense. No way the Raiders win the west next year.
http://www.footballperspective.com/thoughts-on-discount-rates-when-trading-nfl-draft-picks/
The 05 draft is one that caught my eye. That's a 3rd and future 1st and future 4th for the 25th pick in the draft. Obviously that's not the 5th pick in the draft but according to you guys the trade would essentially be a 1st round pick for a 2nd, 3rd and 5th round pick if we're using your draft chart to value the picks.

The trade I offered would equal out to 2 2nds and a 3rd. I think that would be enough to get into the top 10. Your giving up a 2nd instead of a 3rd and a 3rd instead of a 5th.

I don't put much value into the draft chart for reasons that I have previously stated. The #1 reason being that the #1 pick is about the same value as the last 5 picks of the 1st round in the draft. I think we can all agree that is pretty absurd.

So again if we moved up last year 13 spots by only giving up a 3rd rounder, is it that ridiculous to think we could move up 12 more spots by giving up a 2nd rounder too?
It's not ridiculous but it is a stretch to think this trade could happen. 1st your giving them next years 1st rounder and not this years.

We got lucky to move up as cheaply as we did last year for a 3rd rounder. Baalke was amazing with that. It could happen again but not likely.

The 2nd move which would be the equivalent of moving up from the 17th pick to the 5th pick for a 2nd rounder. That's not just a move up of 12 spots but a move up into the top 5. For a late 2nd round pick.

With all of the QB's at the top of this draft, OT's like Mathews, Clowney and Watkins anyone wanting to trade a top 5 pick will get a much better offer.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

It's not ridiculous but it is a stretch to think this trade could happen. 1st your giving them next years 1st rounder and not this years.

We got lucky to move up as cheaply as we did last year for a 3rd rounder. Baalke was amazing with that. It could happen again but not likely.

The 2nd move which would be the equivalent of moving up from the 17th pick to the 5th pick for a 2nd rounder. That's not just a move up of 12 spots but a move up into the top 5. For a late 2nd round pick.

With all of the QB's at the top of this draft, OT's like Mathews, Clowney and Watkins anyone wanting to trade a top 5 pick will get a much better offer.

Your right I can't argue with that. There wasn't much talent at the top of last year's draft and this year's class is very talented. I just think everyone that is saying that is so unrealistic is wrong. Maybe it would take an additional 4th and 7th but I don't think it's that far off.

Future 1st round picks are more valuable to me than they are to some other posters. If you read the above article it talks about teams trading 2nd rounds picks ect. for future 1sts. When those picks end up being high draft picks teams really get screwed. They end up getting anywhere from 45%-75% of the value according to the draft chart of what the 1st round pick they traded away was. The trade I proposed was def in the 49ers favor but not as much as some posters may think it is.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

Your right I can't argue with that. There wasn't much talent at the top of last year's draft and this year's class is very talented. I just think everyone that is saying that is so unrealistic is wrong. Maybe it would take an additional 4th and 7th but I don't think it's that far off.

Future 1st round picks are more valuable to me than they are to some other posters. If you read the above article it talks about teams trading 2nd rounds picks ect. for future 1sts. When those picks end up being high draft picks teams really get screwed. They end up getting anywhere from 45%-75% of the value according to the draft chart of what the 1st round pick they traded away was. The trade I proposed was def in the 49ers favor but not as much as some posters may think it is.

I think there will be a market to move up for 1 of the QB's or a OT like Mathews. A WR like Watkins or Clowney. There will be offers. Teams in the middle of the 1st round will offer their 2nd round pick (which would be mid 2nd rd)or next years 1st rounder to move up into the top 5. That's way better than our 2nd rounder and they would be in the middle of the 1st. They could pick there or trade down again and acquire more picks.

Anything is possible but this is an extreme longshot.