There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

1st Mock Draft w/ offseason moves

I love Kap but there is no way I pay him more than 15 mill without him winning a ring first.

Crabtree is nice but I'm not sure I would be willing to put 12 mill a season into a WR with his injury history, besides he just isn't dominant enough. If we let him test free agency I'm sure we can get him for about 9-10 mill.

Brown for almost 5mill a season? I'll pass.

at all those free agents.

x2 at trading away all those picks for a WR.

Rest of your draft is solid.
If Boldin leaves then Watkins, Crabtree, and Patton would be a sick trio.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I would not see Baalke sacrificing a 1st round pick in the future - not like him, and not good policy to bankrupt the future when there are other quality players available. I could see Baalke trade up to get Clinton Dix of he were near enough, to settle the Safety spot. So we have plenty of picks to address each need that we have - SS, two CBs, Two WRs, OG, OT, C, RB, DT, ILB.

Yeah, I can't see this happening.
I read your post. 1st 3 thoughts that popped in my head:

#1 Boldin is so important to resign it could make or break the offseason.

#2 All your FA signings are way underpaid. No way Henne, Kuhn, Sanders and Jones come here that cheap.

#3 Sammy Watkins you can forget about. I read something on Watkins that stated 59% of his catches come on designed screens. That right there should tell you the 49ers wont be drafting this guy, never mind giving up future picks.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Atlanta gave up two 1st rounders, a 2nd and two 4ths to go from 27 to 6 for Julio Jones.

Carlos Rogers got a 4 year 29 million dollar deal to resign here and you think T-Brown is gonna get 4 year at 19?

And Sanders and Arthur Jones will command much more money on the open market than those deals.

Very unrealistic.

For starters Julio Jones was a better prospect IMO than Sammy Watkins. For 2 Baalke is a smarter GM than to break the bank like Atlanta did. You brought up a good example but so did I. Like I said we moved up 13 spots last year by only giving up a 3rd round pick, who's to say we can't move up an additional 12 picks this year by giving up a 2nd too? Oakland moved down 9 spots last draft and only gained a 2nd round pick so I don't see why they wouldn't make a trade that gives them 2 1st rounders next season and 2 more high picks this season for a team that is rebuilding.

Emmanuel Sanders won't demand much more than 5 mil a year. What he demands and what he signs for are 2 completely different things. He's coming off a season which he only had 740 receiving yards.

Arthur Jonnes had 4 sacks last year and a pretty good year. He might ask for more money but if he wants the chance to play for a contender than he will sign for less. We got Dorsey for a steal so why wouldn't we be able to do the same with jones?

As far as Rogers goes.. We know the 49ers have made a habit of overpaying for free agent corners. There was Rogers and there was also Clements some years back. They won't make the same mistake with brown. Brown is good but not great. The 49ers tried to make it right with brown after he got screwed by his former agent, so Brown might take less money to stay with a contender as well.

Talib, one of the best corners in the league was only making 5 mil a year last year and brown is NOT the caliber player that Talib is.

Thanks for the critique but do me a favor and stop acting like you have some inside knowledge into what GMs will or will not do, or will or will not trade. You like the rest of us can only guess.
[ Edited by JimDrinkAMiller on Feb 5, 2014 at 11:40 PM ]
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
I read your post. 1st 3 thoughts that popped in my head:

#1 Boldin is so important to resign it could make or break the offseason.

#2 All your FA signings are way underpaid. No way Henne, Kuhn, Sanders and Jones come here that cheap.

#3 Sammy Watkins you can forget about. I read something on Watkins that stated 59% of his catches come on designed screens. That right there should tell you the 49ers wont be drafting this guy, never mind giving up future picks.

Wow, that is an interesting stat that I have not heard about before. I did not know that about Watkins. That is quite interesting.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I love Kap but there is no way I pay him more than 15 mill without him winning a ring first.

Crabtree is nice but I'm not sure I would be willing to put 12 mill a season into a WR with his injury history, besides he just isn't dominant enough. If we let him test free agency I'm sure we can get him for about 9-10 mill.

Thanks bud. I disagree on kaep, I think he's deserved it. He's a dual threat that is the 5th leading rusher already in postseason history and is coming off of back to back nfc championship appearances and a superbowl appearance.
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

Thanks bud. I disagree on kaep, I think he's deserved it. He's a dual threat that is the 5th leading rusher already in postseason history and is coming off of back to back nfc championship appearances and a superbowl appearance.

I agree but our past two seasons have ended with the ball in his hands and we drew blanks both times.
Why would anyone give us the 5th pick of the draft for a late 2nd, late 3rd, and a late 1st next year? I know the Raiders can be dumb, but that's ridiculous. Try again.
I would not be opposed to trading up for Watkins. We have 12 picks and a stacked roster. we have to make some moves anyway since there is no way 12 rooks will make our team.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I would not be opposed to trading up for Watkins. We have 12 picks and a stacked roster. we have to make some moves anyway since there is no way 12 rooks will make our team.

I agree. We need to combine some of these picks and get guys who can play this year or move out the 1st all together.
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I would not see Baalke sacrificing a 1st round pick in the future - not like him, and not good policy to bankrupt the future when there are other quality players available. I could see Baalke trade up to get Clinton Dix of he were near enough, to settle the Safety spot. So we have plenty of picks to address each need that we have - SS, two CBs, Two WRs, OG, OT, C, RB, DT, ILB.

I don't see a need at ILB as bowman should be back by week 4. I think we have enough to get by until then. I don't see how we are sacrificing the future by getting rid of 1 1st round pick either. We get the OG of the future in amini, get 1 great prospect and 2 decent veterans at receiver, 1 great prospect at SS and C. Let's see what we have in Lattimore before we use a high pick on another RB, see if Williams is any better than dorsey who played well this year. OT was addressed IMO and I like what we have at corner with Cully coming back and Rogers gone. Thanks for your input though, this is my 1st mock and I'm sure it isn't quite up to par with some others.
Would be nice but not likely to happen. The #5 pick on the draft pick chart is worth aprox 1700 pts and the pick you trade, a future 1st a late 2nd and an early 3rd are basically worth about 1150-1200 pts. Oakland would be getting screwed. they probably wouldn't do it if they could have our 1st this year plus a 2nd and a 3rd.
With so many QB's slated to go early in the draft Oakland may feel a need to take one. Even if they don't other teams may make them much better offers to trade down to get 1 of those QB's.

I think you left our comp pick out. We have a compensatory pick coming which should be a 3rd or 4th round pick giving us a total of 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds.

Would love to have Sammy Watkins.
This was bad. Why would be sign another FB in John Kuhn. Even packer fans will tell you he isn't worth it. Other than Henne I don't like any of the FA changes. I also don't feel your draft is realistic. No way we get Oakland's first that cheap. No way Ha-Ha falls that far.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
This was bad. Why would be sign another FB in John Kuhn. Even packer fans will tell you he isn't worth it. Other than Henne I don't like any of the FA changes. I also don't feel your draft is realistic. No way we get Oakland's first that cheap. No way Ha-Ha falls that far.

No way? Did you see how far floyd fell last year? I could give you an example of a top player falling for every draft. Unlikely, maybe but you never know what could happen. I looked up the top paid FB's and I agree on kuhn.. I screwed that one up. I also took morgan off the list and kept vetrone on the 53.
Watkins is a long shot at best and if it did happen our #1 would be part of the deal.