Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

1st Mock Draft w/ offseason moves

Leaving-
Anquan Boldin
Donte Whitner
Jonathon Goodwin
Ham, McCoy, Dobbs, Cox, Big Dix

Would love to see Boldin stay but he is turning 34. He is also coming off a great year and will want around 5 mil a year. Whitner is also coming off maybe his best year as a pro and will get a nice contract in free agency. The NFL seems to have it out for this guy and he is still not great in coverage.

Resignings-
T Brown- 4 year 19 mil
Wright- 1 year 600K
Whilhoite- 1 year 600K
Osgood- 1 year 600K
Dawson- 1 year 3 mil

Cuts-
Carlos Rogers
Craig Dhal
Baldwin

Restructure-
Ahmad Brooks
Vernon Davis- Restructure and Extend
RayMac- Restructure and Extend

Extend
Kaepernick- 5 years 90 Mil
Crabtree- 6 years 72 Mil

Free Agent Signings
Chad Henne- 1 year 1.5 Mil
John Kuhn- 2 years 3 Mil
Emmanuel Sanders- 3 years 10 Mil
Arthur Jones- 3 years 7.5 Mil

Trade
7th pick this year from NO and future 5th for Amini Silatolu from Carolina

Lamichael James to Clevland for future conditional 5th/6th round pick

NFL Draft
49ers make a big splash in day 1 by trading their 2nd round pick from KC, 3rd round pick from TEN and future 1st round pick(2015) to Oakland for the 5th pick in the draft.

1st Round Pick 5
Sammy Watkins- Clemson WR

1st Round Pick 30
Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix- Alabama SS

2nd Round Pick 60
Travis Swanson- Arkansas C

3rd Round
Keith McGill- Utah CB

4th Round
Michael Schofield- Michigan OT

5th Round
David Fales- San Jose St. QB

6th Round
Jonathan Dowling- Western Kentucky FS

7th Round
De'Anthony Thomas- Oregon RB/KR/PR

7th Round
Cameron Fleming- Stanford OT

53 Man Roster

QB- Kaepernick, Fales, Henne
RB- Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, Thomas
FB- Miller, Kuhn
WR- Crabtree, Watkins, Patton, Sanders, Osgood
TE- VD, Vance, Celek
OT- Staley, Davis, Schofield, Fleming
OG- Iupati, Boone, Silatolu, Looney
C- Swanson, Kilgore

DE- Smith, RayMac, TJE, Carradine, Jones
DT- Dorsey, Williams, Dial
OLB- Aldon, Brooks, Corey, Skuta
ILB- Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody
CB- Brown, Brock, Culliver, McGill, Wright
FS- Reid, Dowling
SS- Dix, Spillman, Vetrone
[ Edited by JimDrinkAMiller on Feb 6, 2014 at 10:36 AM ]
I would not see Baalke sacrificing a 1st round pick in the future - not like him, and not good policy to bankrupt the future when there are other quality players available. I could see Baalke trade up to get Clinton Dix of he were near enough, to settle the Safety spot. So we have plenty of picks to address each need that we have - SS, two CBs, Two WRs, OG, OT, C, RB, DT, ILB.
Think it will take more than a future first, a second, and a third to move all the way up to the 5th overall pick. Sammy Watkins would be niiiice doe
Giving up a 1st rounder one year isn't bankrupting the future. They basically gave up one for Aj Jenkins. Is the future now bankrupt? Not sure bout them FA signing. You really paying a fullback 2.5 million a year? Almost 4 million a year for Josh Morgan?
Stopped reading after I saw this:

Leaving-
Anquan Boldin
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I would not see Baalke sacrificing a 1st round pick in the future - not like him, and not good policy to bankrupt the future when there are other quality players available. I could see Baalke trade up to get Clinton Dix of he were near enough, to settle the Safety spot. So we have plenty of picks to address each need that we have - SS, two CBs, Two WRs, OG, OT, C, RB, DT, ILB.

I don't see a need at ILB as bowman should be back by week 4. I think we have enough to get by until then. I don't see how we are sacrificing the future by getting rid of 1 1st round pick either. We get the OG of the future in amini, get 1 great prospect and 2 decent veterans at receiver, 1 great prospect at SS and C. Let's see what we have in Lattimore before we use a high pick on another RB, see if Williams is any better than dorsey who played well this year. OT was addressed IMO and I like what we have at corner with Cully coming back and Rogers gone. Thanks for your input though, this is my 1st mock and I'm sure it isn't quite up to par with some others.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Giving up a 1st rounder one year isn't bankrupting the future. They basically gave up one for Aj Jenkins. Is the future now bankrupt? Not sure bout them FA signing. You really paying a fullback 2.5 million a year? Almost 4 million a year for Josh Morgan?

I like kuhn as an insurance policy. I'm not the best with cap numbers man, this is the 1st mock draft I've ever done but it was fun. Just my best guesstimate.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Think it will take more than a future first, a second, and a third to move all the way up to the 5th overall pick. Sammy Watkins would be niiiice doe

Idk man, we moved up like 13 spots last year by only giving up our 1st and 3rd, and didn't Oakland only gain a 3rd when they moved down as well? Depends on how the draft plays out.
Watkins is not your typical top 5 receiver in most drafts. Everyone is looking for the next Julio Jones / AJ Green / Josh Gordon and it is causing some inflation in Watkins value. He will be a solid pro in the league but he is more of a top 10-15 value in my opinion. This class is very deep in the middle rounds but it leaves a little to be desired at the front end of the first.
Nice draft but with the way the draft is at receiver i rather not trade up that high for Watkins. I rather take moncrief later than to give up that much for watkins.
This has to be one the most unrealistic offseason scenarios I have ever seen.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Atlanta gave up two 1st rounders, a 2nd and two 4ths to go from 27 to 6 for Julio Jones.

Carlos Rogers got a 4 year 29 million dollar deal to resign here and you think T-Brown is gonna get 4 year at 19?

And Sanders and Arthur Jones will command much more money on the open market than those deals.

Very unrealistic.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Feb 5, 2014 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Leaving-
Anquan Boldin
Donte Whitner
Jonathon Goodwin
Ham, McCoy, Dobbs, Cox, Big Dix

Would love to see Boldin stay but he is turning 34. He is also coming off a great year and will want around 5 mil a year. Whitner is also coming off maybe his best year as a pro and will get a nice contract in free agency. The NFL seems to have it out for this guy and he is still not great in coverage.

Resignings-
T Brown- 4 year 19 mil
Wright- 1 year 600K
Whilhoite- 1 year 600K
Osgood- 1 year 600K
Dawson- 1 year 3 mil

Cuts-
Carlos Rogers
Craig Dhal

Restructure-
Ahmad Brooks
Vernon Davis- Restructure and Extend

Extend
Kaepernick- 5 years 90 Mil
Crabtree- 6 years 72 Mil

Free Agent Signings
Chad Henne- 1 year 1.5 Mil
John Kuhn- 2 years 5 Mil
Josh Morgan- 2 years 7 Mil
Emmanuel Sanders- 3 years 10 Mil
Arthur Jones- 3 years 7.5 Mil

Trade
7th pick this year from NO and future 5th for Amini Silatolu from Carolina

Lamichael James to Clevland for future conditional 5th/6th round pick

NFL Draft
49ers make a big splash in day 1 by trading their 2nd round pick from KC, 3rd round pick from TEN and future 1st round pick(2015) to Oakland for the 5th pick in the draft.

1st Round Pick 5
Sammy Watkins- Clemson WR

1st Round Pick 30
Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix- Alabama SS

2nd Round Pick 60
Travis Swanson- Arkansas C

3rd Round
Keith McGill- Utah CB

4th Round
Michael Schofield- Michigan OT

5th Round
David Fales- San Jose St. QB

6th Round
Jonathan Dowling- Western Kentucky FS

7th Round
De'Anthony Thomas- Oregon RB/KR/PR

7th Round
Cameron Fleming- Stanford OT

53 Man Roster

QB- Kaepernick, Fales, Henne
RB- Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, Thomas
FB- Miller, Kuhn
WR- Crabtree, Watkins, Patton, Morgan, Sanders, Osgood
TE- VD, Vance, Celek
OT- Staley, Davis, Schofield, Fleming
OG- Iupati, Boone, Silatolu, Looney
C- Swanson, Kilgore

DE- Smith, RayMac, TJE, Carradine, Jones
DT- Dorsey, Williams, Dial
OLB- Aldon, Brooks, Corey, Skuta
ILB- Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody
CB- Brown, Brock, Culliver, McGill, Wright
FS- Reid, Dowling
SS- Dix, Spillman

Balke has to come up big in this draft. David Fales sounds good (need someone to light a fire under Kap's Ass), but I think he is gone by round 5. Pick up a veteran free agent QB as well. Definitely need to draft a running back (Latimore is still a question). Wide receivers will suck even more next year if Boldin leaves. Need chemistry between QB and receivers over time..Pick up more WR out of the draft than Free agency (one WR drafted is not enough). Shore up the secondary in the draft as you listed. I don't like trading away picks.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Stopped reading after I saw this:

Leaving-
Anquan Boldin
Yeah after last year with Baltimore not paying Boldin and New England not paying Welker, etc...

I hope the Niners would not make that mistake. We waited all year long to pair Crabs with Boldin with VD. When it was just Boldin, we were terrible at passing.
DeAnthony Thomas will go no later than the third round.