There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My second Mock offseason

I'm not against drafting Tuitt or Hageman in fact personally I'm all for it but I don't see it happening. McDonald and Smith are both signed thru 2015 and are you going to sit Tuitt for 2 years? We got good depth at position and a very promising prospect in Carradine.

We actually might be better off drafting a 3rd pass rusher in this situation because as good as Aldon is his contract might end up being unreachable.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,920
very nice except for logan thomas. i'd go with the north carolina qb...what's his name?
Originally posted by xcfan:
very nice except for logan thomas. i'd go with the north carolina qb...what's his name?

Bryen Ryner or some sh^t like that
We should be so lucky. Let's hope we are.

Don't like the OLB in round 6. We have the best starters in the NFL in Smith and Brooks and Lemonier and Skuta as back ups. No roster spot available.

Don't like the Logan Thomas pick in round 7 unless they are sure where to move him and he is fine with it as a non QB. We probably won't keep a 3rd QB on the roster but instead have 1 on the practice squad. If we draft him and then try to move him to the practice squad someone else will take him.

Might want to add a safety in there somewhere. I don't think we can resign Boldin and Whitner.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
We should be so lucky. Let's hope we are.

Don't like the OLB in round 6. We have the best starters in the NFL in Smith and Brooks and Lemonier and Skuta as back ups. No roster spot available.

Don't like the Logan Thomas pick in round 7 unless they are sure where to move him and he is fine with it as a non QB. We probably won't keep a 3rd QB on the roster but instead have 1 on the practice squad. If we draft him and then try to move him to the practice squad someone else will take him.

Might want to add a safety in there somewhere. I don't think we can resign Boldin and Whitner.

This is assuming we resign Boldin and Whitner, which I think can be done. Also Joyner could potentially play free safety. It would work if Reid could slide over and play strong, which I think he could. I want Whitner back for another year at least though.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
We should be so lucky. Let's hope we are.

Don't like the OLB in round 6. We have the best starters in the NFL in Smith and Brooks and Lemonier and Skuta as back ups. No roster spot available.

Don't like the Logan Thomas pick in round 7 unless they are sure where to move him and he is fine with it as a non QB. We probably won't keep a 3rd QB on the roster but instead have 1 on the practice squad. If we draft him and then try to move him to the practice squad someone else will take him.

Might want to add a safety in there somewhere. I don't think we can resign Boldin and Whitner.

This is assuming we resign Boldin and Whitner, which I think can be done. Also Joyner could potentially play free safety. It would work if Reid could slide over and play strong, which I think he could. I want Whitner back for another year at least though.
It would be nice to get both back. I have this feeling that Whitner is in the frame of mind of really wanting to cash in for a big contract. I think he will be hard to sign. Boldin seems to be in a place where he has a few seasons left and wants to finish his career in a good place and might be more reasonable.
Travis Swanson >> Bryan Stork
One of the few that I have no arguments with. Good job
Originally posted by kentc1978:
One of the few that I have no arguments with. Good job

Thanks
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I actually started to touch myself dreaming about this draft...no seriously....

Lol
Originally posted by NinersPlusOne:
Great draft ! Love it! I could see us having to use a couple of the later picks to move up and get guys we have targeted.. Fortunately, we have that luxury ! " CANT WAIT "

Thanks. Yes we do have that luxury!
Originally posted by 49ers808:
F-ing love this draft! My only switch would be to draft another safety instead of Logan Thomas in case Joyner sticks at CB. Someone like Jonathan Dowling if there or Christian Bryant to give Dahl competition, no need to draft two QBs

Yeah I could see drafting a safety later as well
What about O-lineman? Iupati injured vs. Seattle and we have to prepare for at least 1 going down at some point in the season.
i like the first pick gives me somthing to look up
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
What about O-lineman? Iupati injured vs. Seattle and we have to prepare for at least 1 going down at some point in the season.

I thought the same thing, cant ever have enough OL or DL
  • pfizz
  • Member
  • Posts: 171
would be very happy with tuitt in the 1st. Dobbs and TJE are "servicable", but that's about it. Tank hasn't even proven he's recovered from his injury and Dial is supposed to be moved to NT. being able to bring in fresh bodies that dont miss a beat and keep generating pressure is so big. look at what Seattle has done with their defensive line rotation.
[ Edited by pfizz on Feb 5, 2014 at 9:16 AM ]
Originally posted by pfizz:
would be very happy with tuitt in the 1st. Dobbs and TJE are "servicable", but that's about it. Tank hasn't even proven he's recovered from his injury and Dial is supposed to be moved to NT. being able to bring in fresh bodies that dont miss a beat and keep generating pressure is so big. look at what Seattle has done with their defensive line rotation.

Exactly my thought process. Dobbs and TJE are serviceable to give Mcdonald and Smith a breather, that's about it. They can definitely be upgraded.

Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
What about O-lineman? Iupati injured vs. Seattle and we have to prepare for at least 1 going down at some point in the season.
I guess we could always draft one, but we have some guys in Kilgore, Snyder, Looney, and Marquardt who are ok for depth. They can perhaps be upgraded, but that would probably take a higher round pick and we have other needs before that. I did get the center though.