2. DEONE BUCANNON SS WASH ST
2. KYLE FULLER CB VIRGINA TECH
3. BRYAN STORK C FSU
3. DAVID YANKEY G/T STANFORD
4. DOMINQUE EASLEY DE UF
5. LOGAN THOMAS QB VIRGINA TECH
6. STORM JOHNSON RB UCF
I'd be cool with that.
Like everything except Yankey won't last that long and would rather go with a different QB than Thomas. Solid moves.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good draft, I like it.
It's cool, but I don't see us resigning Boldin AND signing Maclin AND drafting Allen Robinson. That would be a nice receiving core though. Maclin would add the speed we need, assuming he comes back 100 from his injury. I didn't even know Maclin was a free agent, and I wonder what his price is going to be..

Also, I would feel a lot more comfortable if we brought Whitner back if it's possible. Can't depend on a rookie safety coming in again and having a year like Reid did.
Add Colvin in the late rounds and this draft is a home run.
If the Niners don't have money for Boldin or Whitner, they sure won't have enough for Maclin. That is the reason They would go WR in the first round. I like the idea of going after Benjamin from FSU. I like a big game/big play type player. I love the 2nd round picks. I am not sure either of those two OL will be there for the Niners in the 3rd round. I honestly would be fine with a LB at any time in the 3rd to back up or prepare for any of the big 4 to leave in the 3rd round. I am also interested in going with a RT to develop so IF the Niners let Iupati walk, Davis can go from RT to LG. It seems like his real position. As far as the comp pick and through the 4th round, I think SF needs to get slot help and another CB/S to add depth and save money for SF
I like it, hopefully we could get a high 4th for LMJ [we won't really use his talents well if he stays so we might as well get something for him]
I would like to add one projection...if I may.

Don't sign Maclin, wait for the sea chickens to cut Sidney Rice and swoop him up. The odds are this happens. Their most productive receivers this year are both free agents and they don't have the money, as it stands, to invest in any more receivers (percy is making 13 this upcoming year and sidney makes almost 10). The difference in those two salaries is by cutting Sidney they save over 7 million in cap space. This is vital if they want to keep either Doug Baldwin or Golden Fake, extend Earl Thomas, and resign Michael Bennett...before his brother lures him off to Da Bears. This pickup would give us a deep threat along with some new information on those sea chickens. He is coming off an injury so he won't demand much. This may not happen if they can restructure his current deal, but I see them just cutting him.

Speaking of restructuring deals...don't everyone berate me at once, we need to restructure Frank's current deal. He is counting basically 6.5 against the cap this year, since it is his last contract year. I say we extend it and split the money over this year and next year. This gives us an extra 3 million dollars to work with this off season. Which, alongside the 9 million we set to be under (2 million carry over and 7 million current), the 5 million from cutting Rodgers, and the 1.4 million from cutting Jon...we would have a whopping 18 million in cap room. That isn't Raider cap room but it's good enough for us. There are plenty of other ways we can save extra money such as, extend willis another year and split his money over the life of the deal. I think we are in good shape this offseason as long as we draft smart. Let's not have another 2012 situation.

Speaking of drafting...there are a few ways I see this playing out one of which being....

We trade out of the first round for either future picks or a proven player...I am only ok with this because this year the draft is littered with second day talent at wide receiver (jordan mathews, paul richardson, davonte adams, and martavias bryant) and corner (stanley jean, pierre desire, lamarcus, and all the gator guys).

If you got this far thanks for taking the time to read this...hope you enjoyed my first post
THE ONLY REASON I SAY SIGN ALL THOSE WR FIRST WE NEED DEM ALL N SEC WE DONT KNOW HOW MACLIN WILL.COME BAC SO WE GOT A ROOKIE N BODLIN. ROOKIE SAFETY Y BECUZ 9ERS CHEAP WE DON'T SPEND MONEY N DBS CAN BE OK IT'S ALL ON THE PASS RUSH TANK, SMITH ,EASLEY AND COREY #96 BROOKS TELL ME Y DEY CAN'T GET A PASS
RUSH. OLINE DAIVD WILL BE GONE LOL.DATS ON.TRENT N LOGAN THOMAS A BACK.UP IT'S ON.OUR COACHING STAFF JIM CAN MAK IT HIM.A GAMER HE DID IT WITH ALEX .
FSU KB GUD WR BUT WE PLAYING TO.B SEAHAWKS ONLY WAY WE CAN BE DEM IS SPEED KB CAN'T OUT RUN SHERMAN ALLEN 6'2 4.4 HE GOT A BETTER CHANCE N MACLIN.IF HEALTH STORM JOHNSON.GREAT RB IF MARCUS DONT PAN OUT N FULLER FLIM SPEAK FOR IT SELF N WE NEEED DEVIN HESTER GAME CHANGER
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think signing Maclin will put us in another Manningham situation. He probably won't be ready to contribute all season long.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think signing Maclin will put us in another Manningham situation. He probably won't be ready to contribute all season long.

He got hurt a couple months before last season started and has been rehabbing since then. He'll be ready to go when the season starts.

He's staying in Philly though.
Yankey won't be rround at the end of round 3. He may not make it out of round 1.
The rest of the draft is nice. You left out our comp pick we should be a 3rd or 4th rounder.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

He got hurt a couple months before last season started and has been rehabbing since then. He'll be ready to go when the season starts.

I still don't think he's going to be ready.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I still don't think he's going to be ready.

Manningham's injury was worse and he came back in less than a year. Crabtree stuffed a ruptured Achilles and cane back in 6 months. Maclin will have over a year.