There are 185 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bruce Ellington-WR-South Carolina

If he could lay anything like Steve Smith he'd be a MAJOR steal.
I approve of this thread!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
'path to the draft' says he's a fast riser, lately.
ya' think he makes it into the 2nd round?
Originally posted by xcfan:

I think he will be early 3rd at the latest. He's a 2 sport athlete who can now focus entirely on football and he would've been marked down as a possible 2nd round pick a long time ago if he had a reasonable start in the 40 (he should've run in the 4.3's). He's a strong, explosive athlete with pretty big hands and reasonably long arms for his size. The only reason he may not be taken in the 2nd is that there is a ton of really good WR's this year. Paul Richardson and Davante Adams are the other borderline 2nd/3rd round players imo and I could see Ellington being taken before both of them. Matthews and Benjamin may also be on the border but I think they'll both be taken in the 2nd and Latimer has moved solidly into the 2nd as far as I know.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
the fact that he's a great athlete, fast, AND built to handle nfl punishment is going to help him a lot. he's not a twerp.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
he's the perfect player for the niners' last 2nd rd pick.
Andre Ellington of the Cards gave the Seahawk's run D big time fits. Imagine what Bruce Ellington would do to their secondary.
Originally posted by xcfan:

I hope not. We have a pick from Tennessee in the 3rd round that has his name all over it.

It also depends on where people think he's rising from. I think what drops him is he's still somewhat raw as a receiver but all the tools and intangibles that will make him a great player in the NFL.

I see him making limited contributions on offense his rookie year with big impact on special teams...then watch him take off in his 2nd season with hopefully a new more pass proficient offensive coordinator.
I wish he would slide to pick #94 but i doubt it so id be ok with taken him at #77 ....i dont care for tha midgets much but i that he has some weight to him N hopefully he can take over KR/PR duties....
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I wish he would slide to pick #94 but i doubt it so id be ok with taken him at #77 ....i dont care for tha midgets much but i that he has some weight to him N hopefully he can take over KR/PR duties....

He's 5'9. It's certainly not tall compared to the standard receiver height but I wouldnt' call him a midget either. Same size as Steve Smith and Wes Welker...both very good receivers. He's also bigger weight wise than both of those guys.

Not to mention the kid played basketball at SC. I think the kid will be a better NFL player than he was in college. Can't argue with the success at the SEC level.
I like this little dude.
Verrett/Fuller

Latimer/Moncrief

Ellington

I could live with that through 2 rounds
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Our offensive system will **** up this poor guy's future
Just saw this article about him that makes me like him even more....and hate the idea of him going to Seattle

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/02/25/no-huddle-series-bruce-ellington/
  • DeUh
Bruce Ellington´s Official Highlight Video + His Journey To The NFL