LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 456 users in the forums

with the 30th pick in the 2014 draft

the 49ers select..................
Calvin Pryor-Louisville
Louis Nix! And jean-baptist with our 1st 2nd
allen roberson-wr
Another piece in the secondary to compliment ER.
Ha-Ha Clinton Dix/ Safety/ Alabama
Justin Gilbert CB
Darqueze Dennard or Justin Gilbert. 49ers trade up a few slots to nab 'em.
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Darqueze Dennard or Justin Gilbert. 49ers trade up a few slots to nab 'em.

Yeah I see no way they keep the 30th pick. Hopefully they target Gilbert I really like him. But if they do keep the 30th pick I expect Dix from Bama to be the pick
Defense every pick should be defense!!!!

Leon Sandcastle.
Originally posted by MikeRumph:
Yeah I see no way they keep the 30th pick. Hopefully they target Gilbert I really like him. But if they do keep the 30th pick I expect Dix from Bama to be the pick

Less than a snowball's chance of hell. With the Rams having 2 picks in the 1st round, and safety being their biggest need by far and only one consensus "1st round" safety in the entire draft, might as well just slot him to the Rams.
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
allen roberson-wr

THIS!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Leon Sandcastle.

I'd rather have Jerry Ricecake.
I'd be happy with either of these scenarios:

1. Trade down into the top of the second and pick up an extra 3rd/4th this year or a 2nd/3rd next year or however the draft points work out.

2. Draft the best cornerback or a receiver available. Based on the early mocks, I think these guys might be there at 30.

CORNERBACKS (Obviously, I like Gilbert or Dennard with the first pick, but I think they'll be gone by 30)

Jason Verrett (TCU) Sr 5'10" 182
Jason Verrett is as polished as any defensive back in this year's draft class. The TCU cornerback is physical, aggressive, tough, athletic and smooth in coverage. Those adjectives aren't often used together in describing a cornerback, but they're accurate when talking about Verrett. The Horned Frogs' best defender stands out on film as a playmaking stud in the secondary. He's able to take away top wide receivers of various sizes and speeds with excellent short-area quickness and top-flight instincts. He has the hands to get to the football, too. Teams may worry about his smaller stature (5'10'', 176 lbs) and that he may be too aggressive, but others will fall in love with his all-out effort and intensity.

Marcus Roberson (Florida) Jr 6'0" 178
A prototypical cornerback for the NFL as it exists today, Marcus Roberson is one of three exciting defensive backs that the University of Florida will send to the pros this year. So why does he stand out from the rest? His size (6'0", 200 lbs) puts him above the line when looking at the ideal build for a starting cornerback. Add in his speed and fluid lower-body movements in space, and you've got a player with starter athleticism. So how does his film look? He can be physical in coverage and shows the hands at the line of scrimmage to jam and press receivers. While he's not aggressive against the run or a surefire tackler, he's not afraid to get physical in coverage and will use his size and strength to win battles against receivers of any size.

Loucheiz Purifoy (Florida) Jr 6'1" 189
At 6'0", Purifoy is an elite cover corner who has a unique skill set. He's a long, rangy athlete who also has the great speed that you usually only see from the smaller cornerbacks. That combination of length and speed allows him to cover pretty much any receiver on the field without being a liability on defense. Purifoy will certainly make an NFL team very happy and could even provide a helping hand on special teams due to his playmaking ability. He should be drafted rather early in the NFL draft.

RECEIVERS.

Allen Robinson, Penn State: I mentioned on Twitter that Robinson reminds me some of star Chargers receiver Keenan Allen. Aside from possessing similar size (Robinson is listed at 6-3, 204; Allen at 6-2, 211), Robinson will arrive in the NFL with an advanced game. He runs sharp routes and has proven dangerous in the screen game. Plus, he uses every bit of that 6-2 frame to win balls consistently in the air.

Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt: Honestly, there's not a lot to separate two guys like Robinson and Matthews at this point. Matthews had 94 catches last season and 107 in 2013, without the help of an elite QB or a rapid-fire passing attack. At 6-3, he's tough to deal with — as is Robinson — because he does a remarkable job finding the football and winning position for the catch. Drops have been few and far between.

Brandin Cooks, Oregon State: His 2013 numbers are staggering — 128 receptions for 1,730 yards and 16 touchdowns. He's smaller than the two guys listed just above him here, at 5-10 and 186 pounds, but he's also more of a threat in the open field than either Robinson or Matthews. He can survive as an outside receiver. Put him in the slot with a couple other guys drawing attention, though, and he might be unstoppable.
[ Edited by DrJawbreaker on Feb 3, 2014 at 10:25 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone