There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Draft Trey Millard Bandwagon Boards Here

I'm in
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Actually, Millard was hurt relatively early last season, so he should be ready to go come training camp, but not OTA's or minicamps.

The problem isn't when he was hurt, its that he waited to have surgery, similar to what happened with Bowman. He was injured in late October but didn't go through the surgery until halfway through November. From the most recent news, his recovery is on track but since it was more than just a ACL tear, there's the possibility that the injury will take longer time for healing, similar to what happened with Manningham.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Actually, Millard was hurt relatively early last season, so he should be ready to go come training camp, but not OTA's or minicamps.

It's a torn ACL. Regardless, the can stash him on the NFI list and nobody will question it because of the nature of the injury. Only Adrian Petersen recovers from an ACL in 6-7 months. Most guys will take a little less than a year. Which would bring Boman back in December or injury. Better to keep him out the entire season if Wilhoite and Moody are doing the job.
You convinced me....now work on Baalke.

Though I'm sure guys like this are already on the radar, just a matter of getting them drafted before someone else does. Worked out perfectly with Lattimore and I never though it would happen because almost everyone and their mother was predicting the niners would draft him at that same exact draft spot.
I like him even better now, check out his Twitter account, random reference to the X-Men in the heading.
We need the 2nd coming of Tom Rathman or a Larry Centers clone: A traditional FB, with pass catching ability.

I still think Tom Rathman is one of the most underrated players for his role in making the FB a pass catching weapon.

Larry Centers- One would have thought that he would have started a trend having revolutionized the Full Back position w/his blocking ability and added pass catching ability. He ended his career in 2003 with a Superbowl ring, 827 receptions, 6,792 receiving yards and 42 touchdowns.

I like Bruce Miller, but we need to find the next Tom Rathman/Larry Centers.

Peyton Hillis can potentially be that guy in Free Agency, but we still need to draft Trey Millard.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Right now I like the "red shirt injured" list approach to picking up quality players for a low draft pick that we don't need right now. I know we won't always get a Frank Gore but you can increase the value over what you would ordinarily get from a 5th-7th rounder.

With all the current starters coming up for new contracts in the next year, the future success depends on being able to replace valuable players whose cap number no longer fits., i.e. Iupati or Crabtree.
lol, watch the hawks take him now that we like him and then watch him make a crucial play against us
Hopefully this is just like the Patton bandwagon last year!
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:

I really like Millard, he's a pure football player through and through, whatever they ask him, he'll do happily, play at FB, TE, play on special teams...etc. He's a great character guy, hard worker, comes across as very well-spoken, a lot to like and considering where he'll likely end up being drafted, he could be quite the steal.
I like the idea of him quite a bit. Id like to see the Niners draft a big back. He sounds like a good option to red shirt.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:

I really like Millard, he's a pure football player through and through, whatever they ask him, he'll do happily, play at FB, TE, play on special teams...etc. He's a great character guy, hard worker, comes across as very well-spoken, a lot to like and considering where he'll likely end up being drafted, he could be quite the steal.

Yea he looks like on of those guys that every team needs to be successful. Not afraid to do the small things that go unnoticed but are essential for the team.

I also really like Jared abbrederis as well. Think he can be a very solid receiver not sure he's what we need but I like him
Bandwagons aside, do you honestly see Harbaugh keeping 2 FB's? Only way I see it remotely feasible is if he's an absolute demon on ST's and beats out somebody.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Bandwagons aside, do you honestly see Harbaugh keeping 2 FB's? Only way I see it remotely feasible is if he's an absolute demon on ST's and beats out somebody.

He can be a lot more than just a FB. If he's drafted, he's potentially your #3 TE as well as a special teams contributor. With Miller coming off of injury and entering fre agency after the season, it might be worthwhile to a potential replacement on the roster.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

He can be a lot more than just a FB. If he's drafted, he's potentially your #3 TE as well as a special teams contributor. With Miller coming off of injury and entering fre agency after the season, it might be worthwhile to a potential replacement on the roster.

This. Millard is the perfect hybrid between Dixon-Walker-Miller. As Phoenix just mentioned and I pointed out earlier as well, Millard is an ideal replacement for Dixon but potential leverage against Miller.