There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rajion Neal - RB, TN

Speaking with my boy who normally does not post much on here anymore (PTulini) on FB we pretty much agree as a pound for pound player he is our favorite RB in the draft. I know if we did get one it would not be early but this guy could be a steal in the draft and we pretty much both agreed on how much he reminds us of Gore. The RB situation we had this season was phenomenal but things could change with the snap of a finger this offseason. Who knows if Gore will agree to take a pay cut, Dixon being a FA, and LMJ possibly being traded. Say if we loose those three (which I highly doubt will happen) would leave us with Hunter, Lattimore, and Jewel Hampton. Either way he ends up a 49er or not I think he is worth a thread topic. He has not really having much mention at all but who knows this kid could be someone that could make an immediate impact. I would be excited to have him. Being what happened to OAK, HOU, NYG, ad CLE RB situation it is never too much to stock up at RB.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Love this kid. Actually have him in my mock.
I don't think we need to draft a RB this year. However, we can definitely find a spot for this guy on our roster. Where do you think he will end up going in the draft?
Honestly, the way it sounds (being from Tennessee and in Knoxville) he probably won't be drafted. I am expecting him to be somewhat of how LeGarrette Blount was a few years ago. Intentionally left as a UDFA, and fought over by several teams. But I agree. I've seen every home game this season for Tennessee in person and this dude rocked it. Fights for everything and an incredible athlete and work ethic. It might have partly been the offensive linemen for them (4 seniors), but even in space he broke tackles and fought for extra yards. My favorite RB in this draft.
I really like the guys size & speed. When he hits the hole or the edge he explodes in which is a dynamic our offensive backfield could really use badly!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
he's in my mock. rathman would like him; he's more hammer than nail.
I'd also like to add that he does a good job in pass protection, which is a priority in the NFL.
What stands out to me watching him is vision, burst and balance. The issue with drafting a running back is where does he fit on the roster? If he can play special teams like Boobie Dixon then I'm all for it.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'd also like to add that he does a good job in pass protection, which is a priority in the NFL.

Thanks. This is what I was wanting to see & know about since couldn't see any in the video's of him. I think he would be a great addition to the 49ers.
[ Edited by tohara3 on Feb 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM ]
He looks ok. Where would we fit him? We have a lot of RB's on the roster we don't use now.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He looks ok. Where would we fit him? We have a lot of RB's on the roster we don't use now.

Exactly. With Gore, Lattimore, Hunter and LaMike there is no room on the roster. Unless LaMike gets traded, which I doubt will happen.
I currently have him ranked as a 5th rd pick, and that's not intended as a slight. I like him very much.. but you know how it goes with RBs. And no.. I don't suspect SF would have any real need to draft him or any RB in the first 5 rounds.
Originally posted by MikeRumph:
What stands out to me watching him is vision, burst and balance. The issue with drafting a running back is where does he fit on the roster? If he can play special teams like Boobie Dixon then I'm all for it.

I don't see him as a special teamer
  • DeUh
Bump.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
big value, third-day pick.