LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Wich do they need an upgrade at.?

Wich do they need an upgrade at.?

Originally posted by Since07:
CB, Iev never seen a star corner for the
9ers since Iev been a fan jus mediocre players like Clements and Rodgers I want Bradley Robey he has character issues but he has a 3.8 GPA
So he's an a$$hole but his "tutor" writes fantastic "communications" papers? We need a gold star, stat!
1. SS
2. CB
3. Center
4. WR deep threat
5. CB we are losing 3 and getting 1 back - Culliver need to draft 2 good ones including 1 that can handle the slot.
6. DT TJE is ok as depth. Tank weighs 265, not a DT we need a DT to rotate in and eventually start down the road
7. WR with PR/KR ability
WR. and pretty sure they are planning on goin high for a wr i bet that was part of the plan when they traded jenkins. cause our problem at wr hasnt gone away and the player who was supposed to fix that plays for the chiefs now so hopefully they address this an get sammy watkins b ecause we need him
Originally posted by stefano89:
WR. and pretty sure they are planning on goin high for a wr i bet that was part of the plan when they traded jenkins. cause our problem at wr hasnt gone away and the player who was supposed to fix that plays for the chiefs now so hopefully they address this an get sammy watkins b ecause we need him
That would be nice but he will be long gone before we pick. Maybe if he slides down to around 9 or 10 and we offer our 1st and both 2nds but he might not even drop that far. Could be gone in the 1st 5 picks.
If we don't trade up for Watkins then I don't want us to spend a first on a wr.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I think we'll keep Boldin. So I'll say CB.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
1. SS
2. CB
3. Center
4. WR deep threat
5. CB we are losing 3 and getting 1 back - Culliver need to draft 2 good ones including 1 that can handle the slot.
6. DT TJE is ok as depth. Tank weighs 265, not a DT we need a DT to rotate in and eventually start down the road
7. WR with PR/KR ability

I like your rankings, but how do you know Tank Carradine weighs 265? He's listed at 275 last year.
Upgrade Offensive Play Calling and Scheme
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
1. SS
2. Center
3. CB - nickleback
4. WR

More of a chance of resigning;
Boldin > Brown or Rogers (restructure) > Whitner

This can all change very fast due to FA

While Whitner is a larger prioirty than Brown, Whitner is going to have a lot larger market than Brown. Bown may have to accept a 1 year deal to prove his worth on the open market after the injury and benching in front of Brock, until Rogers got injured. Whitner is gone unless he takes considerable less to stay with SF and at 28 it is his last chance to get that big long contract. Plus you have to consider they may restructure Rogers contract for a lot less.

Goodwin is gone and they can go with a youth movement within the organization and/or draft a center.

Rookie WR most likely is the 4th WR unless Boldin bolts.

If FA goes as most speculate, the 9ers may need a starting SS, C, and nickle back. Given Baalke's draft history where he moves up for players of need that fit his system, I think he may move up in the 1st for Dixon or Pryor, while going after the C that best fits his system. 2nd and 3rd round is when the 1st playmakers will get drafted IMO.
The way things are shaping up that is pretty much it, We have 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds. Assuming we don't trade any of them I would like to see:
2 CB's, SS, Center, WR deep threat. Leaving 2 more picks
We could get a 2nd WR maybe with return abillty, A DT to rotate in and projected eventually to start
We could also consider an ILB in case Bowman starts the year on the pup list. Wilhoite is a restricted free agent so he could be his eventual replacement while adding depth till Bowman's back. Maybe even a QB with the 4th rounder if they choose to go rookie back up.
They have enough ammunition to get into the high teens or low twenties. Can't see them giving away multiple picks to go higher. However, Baalke is very tough to read.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
If Goodwin is better than Kilgore, than we need to upgrade.
I think it has more to do with the fact we had a young QB so we needed a veteran Center to get us into the right protection.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
I think we need to upgrade our spelling. People use "h" when spelling which.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
The way things are shaping up that is pretty much it, We have 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds. Assuming we don't trade any of them I would like to see:
2 CB's, SS, Center, WR deep threat. Leaving 2 more picks
We could get a 2nd WR maybe with return abillty, A DT to rotate in and projected eventually to start
We could also consider an ILB in case Bowman starts the year on the pup list. Wilhoite is a restricted free agent so he could be his eventual replacement while adding depth till Bowman's back. Maybe even a QB with the 4th rounder if they choose to go rookie back up.

But Baalke is going to trade that is his MO. He circles his players and goes after them. If he is assured they will be there later, he trades down. If I remember last year, he did not trade a pick until Lemoneir. He moved up for Reid, down for Carradine, up for MacDonald, and the 1st 3rd was used for Reid. If it is a position of need he moves to get his man.

With 12 picks this year and potentially bigger holes depending on FA, I expect him to be even more aggressive this year. They could draft a starting SS, C, and CB this year. Last year it was just a FS, #2 TE and much needed depth.
Originally posted by Since07:
CB, Iev never seen a star corner for the
9ers since Iev been a fan jus mediocre players like Clements and Rodgers I want Bradley Robey he has character issues but he has a 3.8 GPA

Originally posted by captain_planet:
So he's an a$$hole but his "tutor" writes fantastic "communications" papers? We need a gold star, stat!

LOL, this. Roby's one of the CB's I like the least too, huge bust potential.
Share 49ersWebzone