There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wich do they need an upgrade at.?

Wich do they need an upgrade at.?

I feel they need more of an upgrade in the secondary and should use the 1st round pick on a good CB... I don't see wide receiver being the problem now that they got Crabtree back and healthy...., Just resign Boldin........., and Patton is on the rise and should merge into a good receiver..., and then you got Vernon Davis at TE..., So that receiving crop doesn't seem bad at all to me it should be Crabtree and Boldin's first full season together since Crabtree back from that injury. So with that saidI think they could hold off and wait to draft a receiver later in the draft.. and focus on fixing that secondary..
Apparently we need an upgrade on the spell checker!

Receiver.
Originally posted by English:

Receiver.

lol typed it to quick.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Personally I would rank center and safety (whitner) as higher priority needs. WR would be a good choice too. CB only if BPA - we do well with late picks at corner.
Both.
CB, Iev never seen a star corner for the
9ers since Iev been a fan jus mediocre players like Clements and Rodgers I want Bradley Robey he has character issues but he has a 3.8 GPA
1. SS
2. Center
3. CB - nickleback
4. WR

More of a chance of resigning;
Boldin > Brown or Rogers (restructure) > Whitner

This can all change very fast due to FA

While Whitner is a larger prioirty than Brown, Whitner is going to have a lot larger market than Brown. Bown may have to accept a 1 year deal to prove his worth on the open market after the injury and benching in front of Brock, until Rogers got injured. Whitner is gone unless he takes considerable less to stay with SF and at 28 it is his last chance to get that big long contract. Plus you have to consider they may restructure Rogers contract for a lot less.

Goodwin is gone and they can go with a youth movement within the organization and/or draft a center.

Rookie WR most likely is the 4th WR unless Boldin bolts.

If FA goes as most speculate, the 9ers may need a starting SS, C, and nickle back. Given Baalke's draft history where he moves up for players of need that fit his system, I think he may move up in the 1st for Dixon or Pryor, while going after the C that best fits his system. 2nd and 3rd round is when the 1st playmakers will get drafted IMO.
Both need an upgrade
The more and more i look at the offensive side of the ball, the more i see a need to upgrade the Oline, especially the interior, and i really am not sold on the depth there. Dont think Kilgore is the answer at C or he would have taken the spot by now.

If whitner is back, i would probably rank needs as follows

1.CB
2.OL- Starting C, G-OT depth.
3.WR
4.S

Personally i think those are our 4 most pressing needs at the moment, if whitner isaint back S jumps to the top of the list, but i just dont like this S class very much.
I think Kilgore will be just fine.

He didn't get the nod because Goodwin was better AND Goodwin played pretty good.

Depends on who and how many we lose in FA and most of all who we can get.

Toss up at this point -

If Whitner goes than S.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think Kilgore will be just fine.

He didn't get the nod because Goodwin was better AND Goodwin played pretty good.

Depends on who and how many we lose in FA and most of all who we can get.

Toss up at this point -

If Whitner goes than S.

If Goodwin is better than Kilgore, than we need to upgrade.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
If I have to choose between WR and CB, then CB is more of a priority because it's there's more question marks at that position than WR.

Will Rogers be released or asked to restructure?
Will Brown be brought back or allowed to walk?
Will Culliver return to form?
If Rogers doesn't come back, who plays nickle?
Will Eric Wright return?
Can Tramaine Brock keep up his high level of play two years in a row?

Far more questions at corner than at receiver.
I'm fine with getting a corner first with our luck at drafting receivers i wouldn't be confident using a first round pick anyway but i would take a receiver in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
The more and more i look at the offensive side of the ball, the more i see a need to upgrade the Oline, especially the interior, and i really am not sold on the depth there. Dont think Kilgore is the answer at C or he would have taken the spot by now.

If whitner is back, i would probably rank needs as follows

1.CB
2.OL- Starting C, G-OT depth.
3.WR
4.S

Personally i think those are our 4 most pressing needs at the moment, if whitner isaint back S jumps to the top of the list, but i just dont like this S class very much.

Idaho...is there one center our there who has played and starred at guard as well. Be nice to get some versatility out of our center pick.
Originally posted by English:

Receiver.

Yo Brits is so pretentious

Either WR or DB
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 1, 2014 at 5:12 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home