There are 266 users in the forums

Pre-Combine 49ers Mock Draft

1st Round: WR Odell Beckham Jr. LSU 5'11" 208
The more I see and hear of Beckham the more he is becoming my favorite WR in the draft (outside of Sammy Watkins). He is an incredibly natural athlete with explosive playmaking ability that would give the 49ers WR corps a much needed spark. He's a little raw, but he's the type of dynamic weapon that you can build packages around from day 1 and he contributes as KR/PR.

49ers Trade KC's 2nd Round Pick and own 3rd Round Pick for early 2nd Round Pick and 4th Round Pick

2nd Round: CB Bradley Roby Ohio St. 5'11" 193
Roby is an aggressive, extremely athletic CB that excels in press-man coverage. He was spotty this last year, but there's no doubting his natural abilities. He reminds me a lot of Joe Haden and he can come in and instantly compete for the #2 or #3 CB spot.

2nd Round: OG/C David Yankey Stanford 6'5" 311
With Goodwin on his way out and Iupati looking likely to leave as a FA following next year the interior OL becomes a big need this year. Yankey is a mauling OG but is smart and extremely athletic, making him perfect to fill in for Iupati as the lead, pulling LG or step right in at OC for Goodwin.

3rd Round (TEN): S Ahmad Dixon Baylor 5'11" 205
I'd like to see the 49ers bring back Whitner for 1-2 years, but in either case they need to start looking for a replacement SS. Calvin Pryor would be ideal but he's likely gone in the 1st round and behind him my two favorite players are Deone Bucannon and Dixon. Dixon is a fierce, but heady competitor and was the leader of the Baylor defense. He's a hard hitter who's better playing up at the box but has the athleticism to defend the deep ball. I think he'd be a nice fit along Reid long term.

3rd Round (COMP): TE/HB Richard Rodgers Cal 6'4" 245
I still have a lot of faith in Vance McDonald and think he can, and will, develop into a weapon both as a blocker and WR, but we see how much the 49ers value versatile HB/TE-like players (see: Bruce Miller and previously Delanie Walker). Rodgers is much more developed as a pass catcher, but I think he'd be a fantastic addition to fill the role similar to what Walker played and give the 49ers another weapon in the red zone.

4th Round (TRADE): Trade for 2015 3rd Round Pick
This pick is a luxury for the 49ers and at this point I don't see any glaring needs or players really worth taking. If this is the case, it would be wise to trade this for, idealy, an early 3rd round pick in the 2015 draft. If they do pick here, an ILB like Shayne Skov could make sense, or adding more muscle to either OL or DL.

4th Round: QB Logan Thomas Va Tech 6'5" 250
I think the 49ers will target a developmental QB within the first five rounds of the draft and I just have a feeling Harbaugh will fall in love with the raw tools he sees in Logan Thomas who, on paper, has everything you look for in an NFL QB.

5th Round: WR Martavis Bryant Clemson 6'5" 200
Bryant is under the radar right now, after playing second fiddle to Sammy Watkins at Clemson, but he came in as a very highly touted recruit and gives the 49ers a dynamic vertical threat. He is certainly raw and needs a ton of polish as a route runner, but he may become the 49ers most dynamic jump ball WR as soon as his name is called.

6th Round: CB Aaron Colvin Oklahoma 5'11" 186
Colvin suffered an ACL tear during the Senior Bowl, but before that he was looking like a lock as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He's a tough but extremely fluid CB who has a ton of experience. I think he redshirts next year, but could compete for a starting job in 2015.
Thomas is way too high. Bryant won't last till the 5th.

Not really a fan of trading up for Roby. He is not sound in technique and doesn't play the run with aggressiveness. He has one tool and that is speed. Pass.
Hope Bryant is there in the 5th round. Sweet.

Wouldn't a Center make more sense in round 2 who could immediately start? We still don't know if Iupati will resign with the team and we could draft a pup list guy like G Spencer Long in the 7th to compete with Looney for that spot if we can't resign him. Maybe even someone talented who fell to us in round 4 but a 2nd rounder when we are not sure what Iupati's future is?

Don't want to use a 2nd and 3rd rounder to get Roby. There are some very good CB's we could draft in the 2nd round without trading up. This draft is deep at CB and WR. He might even be there when our pick comes up.

We need another CB. We will probably lose 3, rogers/brown/wright. We get Culliver back and need to draft 2> With 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds of a very deep draft shouldn't be a problem.
David Yankey will be one of the best interior lineman coming from this draft. I wouldn't be upset taking him at the end of the 1st.
Yankey will not last until the end of the 2nd and Rodgers is a huge reach. He is a 6th round pick at best. Logan Thomas also showed NOTHING at the Senior Bowl that would make him a good pickup in the 4th round. Like the book end picks in Beckham and Colvin and not much else.
Share 49ersWebzone