LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Idaho's post senior bowl mock.

Post senior bowl mock up. No trades in this one. Some familiar faces and new additions. Most dramatic improvement from guys i had us drafting in previous mocks is that of Dakota Dozier. Went from having him as a seventh rounder in previous mocks, to a third rounder. No high SS pick based on the assumption we resign Whitner.

1. Jason Verrett- CB- TCU- 5-10, 176 Sr.

2a. Davante Adams- WR- Fresno St.- 6-2, 216 rSO (likely have to trade up some to get him IMO)

2b. Morgan Moses- OT- Virginia- 6-6, 330 Sr.

3a. Weston Richburg- C- Colorado St.- 6-4 300- rSr

3b, Walt Aikens- CB- Liberty- 6-1 205, Sr

3c. Dakota Dozier- OG- Furman- 6-4, 312- rSr

4. David Fales- QB- San Jose St.- 6-2, 220- Sr

5. Jalen Saunders- WR/PR/KR- Oklahoma- 5-9 164, Sr-

6. Vinnie Sunseri- DB/ST- Alabama- 6-0, 210 Jr.

7a. Gator Hoskins- FB/TE/HB- Marshal- 6-1 244- rJr-

7b. Christian Bryant- S- 5-9, 193, Sr, Ohio State

7c. Stephon Robertson- LB- James Madison- 5-11 220, rSr

7d. Ben Gardner- DE- Stanford- 6-4, 277, Sr
Good draft luv tha O-line help which I think we need to revamp N add some solid back upz to... Im a bigg fan of D.Adams only if J.Matthews is off tha board N did no get tha memo about we only have 3 7th round pickz not 4 guess tha Colts pick was for 2015 draft...
Great 1st rd pick.. Verrett's the real deal.
Adams is eh ok.. not sold on him.
Waste of a 2nd rounder in Moses. Should be limited to RT.. and we have Boone and AD signed up a while for that job.
If we REALLY need a center that badly, then Richburg in the 3rd is fine. I'd like to believe that Kilgore is >>> rookie.
I like Aikens, but it does feel a lil early for him at 3b,
I like your next few picks enough.
Don't like that we wait so long to snag a S in a S-rich draft.

Not a personal favorite, but on the whole, I would not be an unhappy fan.
Don't think Verrett makes it to us, we'll have to move up.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Post senior bowl mock up. No trades in this one. Some familiar faces and new additions. Most dramatic improvement from guys i had us drafting in previous mocks is that of Dakota Dozier. Went from having him as a seventh rounder in previous mocks, to a third rounder. No high SS pick based on the assumption we resign Whitner.

1. Jason Verrett- CB- TCU- 5-10, 176 Sr.

2a. Davante Adams- WR- Fresno St.- 6-2, 216 rSO (likely have to trade up some to get him IMO)

2b. Morgan Moses- OT- Virginia- 6-6, 330 Sr.

3a. Weston Richburg- C- Colorado St.- 6-4 300- rSr

3b, Walt Aikens- CB- Liberty- 6-1 205, Sr

3c. Dakota Dozier- OG- Furman- 6-4, 312- rSr

4. David Fales- QB- San Jose St.- 6-2, 220- Sr

5. Jalen Saunders- WR/PR/KR- Oklahoma- 5-9 164, Sr-

6. Vinnie Sunseri- DB/ST- Alabama- 6-0, 210 Jr.

7a. Gator Hoskins- FB/TE/HB- Marshal- 6-1 244- rJr-

7b. Christian Bryant- S- 5-9, 193, Sr, Ohio State

7c. Stephon Robertson- LB- James Madison- 5-11 220, rSr

7d. Ben Gardner- DE- Stanford- 6-4, 277, Sr

I like all, GOOD DRAFT!, I would only change Adams, as we need a sure thing at WR- no projects, no iffy whiffy;s no more. We already have Bubba, so we don't need Sunseri. Need a guy like Loston (or that caliber) at Safety earlier. The kid from Nevada is better than the Furman kid,switch them. I wouldn't cry if we had this draft tho, but I'd make my changes on it.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Waste of a 2nd rounder in Moses. Should be limited to RT.. and we have Boone and AD signed up a while for that job.
If we REALLY need a center that badly, then Richburg in the 3rd is fine. I'd like to believe that Kilgore is >>> rookie.

C/S this. I don't see the need for Moses and I believe that Kilgore can fill the starting C role. I think they still need to draft a guy but not that high. I don't think Jason Verrett makes it that far down, Niners would have to trade up. Which I have no problem with
Not sure how I'd feel about taking an OT that early. And if Whitner leaves (which is very likely at this point), safety becomes a need that will need to be addressed before the 7th round. Like the Verrett and Davante Adams picks though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Don't we only have 12 picks?
why the Moses pick? Just to backup? Sounds early for that. But I'm not against the idea of drafting back-ups very early on.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Don't we only have 12 picks?

Yea. I forgot to update my list on only having three 7ths. pick either the LB or the DE.

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
why the Moses pick? Just to backup? Sounds early for that. But I'm not against the idea of drafting back-ups very early on.

OT's are expensive, or you pay a high pick for one. We are also an injury away from being in real trouble there. After this season, IMO it was pretty obvious we need depth on the Oline. There is a lot to like with Moses at the end of the second. I knew it wouldnt be very popular.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Not sure how I'd feel about taking an OT that early. And if Whitner leaves (which is very likely at this point), safety becomes a need that will need to be addressed before the 7th round. Like the Verrett and Davante Adams picks though.

Like i said, draft was based on the assumption that Whitner comes back. If he didnt the draft would go a different way likely.
Originally posted by lamontb:

C/S this. I don't see the need for Moses and I believe that Kilgore can fill the starting C role. I think they still need to draft a guy but not that high. I don't think Jason Verrett makes it that far down, Niners would have to trade up. Which I have no problem with

Not sold on Kilgore, IMO if he was better than what we had there, he would have taken the starting role. We dont need the same or worse at C, we need an upgrade. C is a big need IMO. Verrett very well may be gone, but there i also a chance he is there, the first round is going to be interesting IMO.

I see moses as a guy that could play LT in a pinch. But he does project more as a RT. I dont like the idea of having to shift boone out to T any time there is an injury, and also Moses is a dominate run blocker and i see him as a fit in the jumbo packages. Im always of the opinion that you can never have too many big uglys
Great draft but I do not think that the san jose state qb will make it to the bottom of round 4. I would be OK with picking him up in the third.

I also would rather draft a center in round 2, get the best center/guard prospect in the draft. They could start in theory. If OT goes down Kilgore or Looney fills in at guard and boone swings out to OT.
Share 49ersWebzone