LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

Injured Players in 2014 Draft

Since we have alot of picks again who should we get and redshirt?

Dominique Easley DT Florida ACL

Zach Mettenberger QB LSU ACL

Anthony Steen OG Alabama Labrum

Aaron Murray QB Georgia ACL

Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma ACL

Spencer Long OG Nebraska Knee

James Hurst OT North Carolina Broken Leg

Vinnie Sunseri SS Alabama ACL

Trey Millard FB Oklahoma ACL

Anyone I'm missing?
[ Edited by LottsofGold49 on Feb 7, 2014 at 12:39 AM ]
hell yeah!
Originally posted by LottsofGold49:

my wish list
none
Mettenberger. He may end up being the best QB in the draft years from now. He has a very strong arm and great size. Let Harbaugh work with him and stash for the future. I'd take a shot on him if he's still there in the 4th or 5th.

Also like Easley. He has a quick get off and plays with a great motor.
If we could land Colvin. Mettenberger, and Easley I would shart my pants. We are one of the few teams who could pull it off, if it were to happen.
Trey Millard-FB/TE/WR/SWA 2nd/3rd round talent.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Colvin for sure.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
my wish list
our draft list!!!
Originally posted by LottsofGold49:

Aaron Murray QB Georgia ACL

Vinnie Sunseri SS Alabama ACL

Anyone I'm missing?

DT Chris Whaley Texas dislocated knee, ACL
D Nickoe Whitley ACL

S Christian Bryant broken ankle

There are others, but I'm not exactly sure on the rules as far as the extent of the injury. I put ACL's because those players go to the NFI list, an injury that occurred prior to Training camp, pre-season.

S Christian Bryant got injured and his stock may have taken a bigger hit than anyone. He went from the leader of that defense, to not being known by anyone outside of the know. He is one of my biggest wants.

Natural leader, versatile S who IMO would make a great developmental SS for us. I think he has sleeper written all over him.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
S Christian Bryant got injured and his stock may have taken a bigger hit than anyone. He went from the leader of that defense, to not being known by anyone outside of the know. He is one of my biggest wants.

Natural leader, versatile S who IMO would make a great developmental SS for us. I think he has sleeper written all over him.

Draft him and stash him on the PUP list.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Draft him and stash him on the PUP list.

He will be fully healed by the time camp starts. Already walking without a boot etc.
Easley is my number one. Thinking longterm, either he or Tank could replace Justin Smith and we'd have a VERY good rotational player or eventual starter to replace Ray McDonald. Number 2 would be Aaron Murray. I can see him being developed to the point where he could be traded for a higher pick and we'd have a really good backup for Kaep until then. Spencer Long is number three.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Easley is my number one. Thinking longterm, either he or Tank could replace Justin Smith and we'd have a VERY good rotational player or eventual starter to replace Ray McDonald. Number 2 would be Aaron Murray. I can see him being developed to the point where he could be traded for a higher pick and we'd have a really good backup for Kaep until then. Spencer Long is number three.

I'm right there with you. Solid top three. My only issue w/Easley, is that he may cost a 2nd rounder. I'd take him only in the late 3rd round. 4th & 5th options:

FB Trey Millard ---- 2015 Free agent Bruce Miller

CB Aaron Colvin ----2015 Free Agent Chris Culliver

DT Chris Whaley is an interesting prospect as he was a forming Running back, so he has the speed and quickness.
Share 49ersWebzone