LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Perfect draft in my eyes..

Round 1...trade our 1st and titans 3rd to move up to the late teens..Justin Gilbert..perfect selection..kill 2 birds with 1 stone..our return man and starting cb from day 1..

Round 2...trade kcs second and our 6th to move up..Allen Robinson..big fast athletic..exactly what we don't have all in 1..

Round 2...Deone Buchanan..the more I watch him on youtube the more I like him..his style fits right in with ours..the duo of him and reid would feel real good for a long time..

Round 3...Bryan Stork...leader of fsu line..insurance if Kilgore is not the answer..

Round 3...Stanley Jean-Baptiste..big athletic corner who can compete with cox for number 4 assuming cully is back to strength..

Round 4...Martavis Bryant...again a big fast strong wr that we don't have..now we have 2..

Round 4...Troy Niklas...not sure is he will be around by this time but hes a beast..huge..gives McDonald comp..

Round 5...traded for a early 6th this year and 4th next year...

Round 6...Max Bullough..no one knows why he was suspended for the bowl game but he is a great player who gives it his all every down..depth and special teams future star..

Round 7...Logan Thomas...1 year ago he was considered a future 1st rounder..not now but obviously he has talent n size with a strong arm..harbaugh special..

Round 7...Trey Millard...baalke lnjury special..great player when healthy..exactly what you all were considering him as..swiss army knife..

Round 7...Aaron Colvin...another 1..? yess 2nd round pick if not injured at the senior bowl..

Round 7...Brandon Thomas...not very familiar with him..
I'd be down with this, 2 good WRs, 2 CBs one with return ability some good players that were injured that can help us in 2015, the Logan Thomas pick intrigues me man. I remember the hype around him and pretty much forgot about him this year, you may have hit on something with him. If we do draft a center, Stork is the guy that I want, he's very good. If we lose Whitner, Buchanan is a good replacement at SS, hit on a lot of needs here, I like.
Nice mock
Originally posted by matt49er:
I'd be down with this, 2 good WRs, 2 CBs one with return ability some good players that were injured that can help us in 2015, the Logan Thomas pick intrigues me man. I remember the hype around him and pretty much forgot about him this year, you may have hit on something with him. If we do draft a center, Stork is the guy that I want, he's very good. If we lose Whitner, Buchanan is a good replacement at SS, hit on a lot of needs here, I like.

thanks..i was torn between an OG or C..a replacement for iupati for next year assuming we cant afford him or take what is needed this year..im unsure about Kilgore..its difficult to draft more then like 8 players for us bc we just don't have the room for them so as much as I didn't want to draft injured players I had to..lol
Originally posted by jersey49er:

thanks..i was torn between an OG or C..a replacement for iupati for next year assuming we cant afford him or take what is needed this year..im unsure about Kilgore..its difficult to draft more then like 8 players for us bc we just don't have the room for them so as much as I didn't want to draft injured players I had to..lol

I think we go C this year if anything, I wouldn't be surprised if we roll with what we got and plug Kilgore in at C and possibly if we do lose Iupati after next year roll with Looney. Who knows other than the staff but I'm betting we end up taking a center this year by the end of the 3rd round. I agree that taking more than 8 players this year doesn't make sense, there are a few injured players out there that could end up being steals much like Lattimore and Tank were this past draft that we could stash for 2015, with this type of deep roster I'm not opposed to it, it's better than wasting the pick.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

I think we go C this year if anything, I wouldn't be surprised if we roll with what we got and plug Kilgore in at C and possibly if we do lose Iupati after next year roll with Looney. Who knows other than the staff but I'm betting we end up taking a center this year by the end of the 3rd round. I agree that taking more than 8 players this year doesn't make sense, there are a few injured players out there that could end up being steals much like Lattimore and Tank were this past draft that we could stash for 2015, with this type of deep roster I'm not opposed to it, it's better than wasting the pick.

couldn't agree more..which is why I love baalke is a wiz with picks..always getting picks for next years draft while still getting players we desire..i think the we most definitely move up in the 1st round like last year..really hoping its for Justin Gilbert..hes looks like a smaller Patrick Peterson
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
EXCELLENT mock yo!
I would start by calling every NFL team and offering every pick we have for a future pick 1 round sooner. The team is already loaded and roster spots are hard to come by. 1 way to get extra value when drafting at the back end is be trading for future picks. 1 year of patience and you move up a round.

If you look at our roster and add the 6 players on IR Ian Williams,Chris Culliver,Bruce Miller,Mario Manningham,Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore That means that at least 6 of them have to go to get down to 53. For every draft pick we want to keep on the team we have to get rid of another. If we keep 8 picks on the team that makes 14 players off the current roster plus the 6 on IR we have to lose to get down to 53.

That doesn't count Darius Fleming, Lawrence Okoye or any of the other players on the injure list or practice squad. If any of them make the team that's another player we have to cut. It also doesn't include any free agents we may sign. We have to cut another player for any free agent signed. Look over the roster and try to find 14 players you don't mind getting rid of. Not easy.

This draft, I want 2 CB's, Maybe 3 if we lose rogers,brown and wright. 2 WR's, maybe 3 if we don't get Boldin back. A Center, 1 DL to complete a rotation with Tank Carradine and be a future starter. Maybe a KR late in the draft. I don't see a need for anything else.

Like your mock draft. We should be soo lucky. Let's hope. I love the fact that this draft is very deep in receivers and corners which plays into our needs.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
I would start by calling every NFL team and offering every pick we have for a future pick 1 round sooner. The team is already loaded and roster spots are hard to come by. 1 way to get extra value when drafting at the back end is be trading for future picks. 1 year of patience and you move up a round.

If you look at our roster and add the 6 players on IR Ian Williams,Chris Culliver,Bruce Miller,Mario Manningham,Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore That means that at least 6 of them have to go to get down to 53. For every draft pick we want to keep on the team we have to get rid of another. If we keep 8 picks on the team that makes 14 players off the current roster plus the 6 on IR we have to lose to get down to 53.

That doesn't count Darius Fleming, Lawrence Okoye or any of the other players on the injure list or practice squad. If any of them make the team that's another player we have to cut. It also doesn't include any free agents we may sign. We have to cut another player for any free agent signed. Look over the roster and try to find 14 players you don't mind getting rid of. Not easy.

This draft, I want 2 CB's, Maybe 3 if we lose rogers,brown and wright. 2 WR's, maybe 3 if we don't get Boldin back. A Center, 1 DL to complete a rotation with Tank Carradine and be a future starter. Maybe a KR late in the draft. I don't see a need for anything else.

Like your mock draft. We should be soo lucky. Let's hope. I love the fact that this draft is very deep in receivers and corners which plays into our needs.

Uummm Mario Manningham is a FA N Darius Fleming aint been on this team for a yr now so 2 open spots ...
Manningham is a FA. So is Goodwin and many others. Still. Look at the roster + the 6 on IR. Taking into account the FA's we won't resign and players we want to cut like Carlos Rogers pick out 14 players to be gone to make room for 8 draft picks.(We have 13 picks) Not easy. Darius Fleming is on our IR list. There are also players like Okoye or Marquardt or Bykowski or Carswell that have a shot to make the team. If any do make the team that's another player to cut. If we sign a free agent that's another player to cut.

From the 6 on IR i see manningham gone. That makes 13 more who have to go to make room for 8 draft picks alone provided no-one else makes the team and we sign no free agents. Here's my 1st 11. baldwin,carrier,dixon,dobbs,goodwin,morris,rogers,seymore,tukuafu,wright,whitner.

I leave McCoy seperate because I would rather resign him or replace him with a signed veteran than trust a rookie if Kap gets hurt.

That leaves cox,dial,celek,jerod-eddie,osgood,spillman and ventrone. Two of them have to go. Dial is a 2nd year 5th rounder with potential. celek our#3 te and we use a lot of 2 te sets. Jerod-eddie has played well and osgood, spliilman and ventrone not only provide depth but are great on special teams. that leaves cox plus 1 more and that is if nobody steps up from the practice squad like an Ian Williams did, Okoye doesn't develop and Fleming doesn't stay healthy and make the team and nobody is signed as a free agent. When did we last not sign 1 free agent?

We have 13 picks and it takes all that just to make room for 8 of them. Last Year we drafted 3 players in the 7th round. 1 is a seahawk, 1 is a chief and the other is went to the practice squad. What a waste of picks. If we can trade 4-5 picks away for better picks in 2015 we set up next years draft, get more value while dishing out picks that probably wouldn't make our team anyway. We ended up cutting a couple of rookies who showed promise, trading Haralson and Cam Johnson who looked good just to make room this year. Next years team will be even harder to make.

Something to think about.

Would love this draft
I like it.
That would be a good draft. Nice work.
My latest mock: I have QB Logan Thomas being converted to a TE

#1 S LaMarcus Joyner (trade down a bit for 2015 3rd rounder)
#2a CB Pierre Desir
#2b WR Martavis Bryant
#3a C Weston Richburg
#3b WR Donte Moncreif
#3c ILB Yawin Smallwood
#4a Inj. QB Aaron Murray (trade down a bit for a 2015 7th rounder)
#5 Inj. CB Aaron Colvin (trade down a bit for a 2015 7th rounder)
#6 TE Logan Thomas (trade down a bit for a 2014 7th rounder)
#7a WR Geremy Gallon or Dri Archer
#7b Inj. OG Spencer Long
#7c Inj. FB Trey Millard
#7d Inj. S Nickoe Whitley (obtained in a trade down)

2013 Redshirts/Injured: NT: Ian Williams, DT: Dominique Dial, DE: Tank Carridine, DE: Lawrence Okoye, OT: Marquardt, RB: Marcus Lattimore
*No D lineman, OT, or RB needed in 2014 draft due to redshirt/Injured players returning in 2014

UDRFA/ Undrafted Rookie Free Agents:
QB: Connor Shaw
QB: Denarius McGhee
DT: Chris Whaley (INJURED)
Nice I can deal with this mock 😜😜
Share 49ersWebzone