There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Swiss Army Knife options?

The Niners roster doesnt have a lot of openings, so rookies have to be talented and tough. I think they would still like to find a replacement for Walker. What about this kid? Could be a S/T ace and help with blocking and redzone offense.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=107139

Name: Quincy Enunwa College: Nebraska
Number: 18
Height: 6-2 Weight: 227
Position: WR Pos2: H-back
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2014
40 Low: 4.42 40 Time: 4.52 40 High: 4.64 Projected Round: 7-FA
01/01/14 - PLAYERS TO WATCH: Nebraska WR Quincy Enunwa is among the most under-rated receivers in the Big Ten Conference. The senior workhorse surprisingly didn't earn any postseason conference recognition despite his 10 touchdown receptions. He's a physical receiver who cherishes blocking as much as he does catching passes. - The Sports Xchange
Trey Millard out of Oklahoma. Plays FB and TE equally well, would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder if not for an injury, could be a huge steal in the 6th or 7th rounds.

Especially check out the 3:15 mark, this guy's a living highlight reel. 6'2", 250 pound guy with tremendous athleticism.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 26, 2014 at 9:20 PM ]
Gator Hoskins 6'1" 244 lbs out of Marshall.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Trey Millard out of Oklahoma. Plays FB and TE equally well, would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder if not for an injury, could be a huge steal in the 6th or 7th rounds.

will he be ready to play in 2014?
Originally posted by hofer36:

Possibly, even if he isnt, he's the best he back prospect in this draft, extremely unique skillset, effective as a runner, blocker and receiver, has lined up at TE, lined out wide, at fullback...etc....like a real life wet dream for Roman.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Gator Hoskins 6'1" 244 lbs out of Marshall.

My dude! Love me some Gator!
Originally posted by hofer36:

Possibly, even if he isnt, he's the best he back prospect in this draft, extremely unique skillset, effective as a runner, blocker and receiver, has lined up at TE, lined out wide, at fullback...etc....like a real life wet dream for Roman.

Millard would be a great fit for the Niners.
Enunwa is the closest thing I've seen to Delanie Walker in a long time...the size, build, speed, "wham" blocking ability coming off the slot/motion, etc. He has 49er written all over him.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Enunwa is the closest thing I've seen to Delanie Walker in a long time...the size, build, speed, "wham" blocking ability coming off the slot/motion, etc. He has 49er written all over him.

At least since Chris Harper.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

At least since Chris Harper.

LOL. I'm sure Harper was a good blocker, but he didn't blow people up like this guys does:

• DVDA
  • Veteran
I hope the team drafts Millard and stashes him for a year on IR. I'm also a big fan of Enunwa and hope the 49ers pick him up with a pick or as an UDFA.
Originally posted by DVDA:
I hope the team drafts Millard and stashes him for a year on IR. I'm also a big fan of Enunwa and hope the 49ers pick him up with a pick or as an UDFA.

Enunwa sure know how to lay the lumber, but can he catch or block?
Originally posted by DVDA:

The Niners should have 3 7th Rd picks. They don't have a ton of value on the Draft points chart. Picking players like Enuwa means they don't have to gamble he signs with another team.
What about J.C. Copeland from LSU.