LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 306 users in the forums

WR L'Damian Washington, Missouri

• Jd925
  • Veteran
Sleeper. I just got him in the 7th round of a draft simulator, but I'd pick him in an earlier round.
Very good production in SEC. Seems to have good hands. He's got 4.3 speed and is 6'3". He's skinny, but looks like he can block well.
Originally posted by Jd925:
Sleeper. I just got him in the 7th round of a draft simulator, but I'd pick him in an earlier round.
Very good production in SEC. Seems to have good hands. He's got 4.3 speed and is 6'3". He's skinny, but looks like he can block well.

All athlete, lousy hands, lousy route runner, will make a great Arena league player someday though. I made the mistake of buying in to Tommy Streeter a couple years back, same deal, height, size, speed, no real football ability, Washington is even worse off than Streeter was. If Washington was 5'10", nobody would ever bring his name up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/25/tommy-streeters-tenure-in-baltimore-ends-without-a-catch/
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 26, 2014 at 7:16 PM ]
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jd925:

All athlete, lousy hands, lousy route runner, will make a great Arena league player someday though. I made the mistake of buying in to Tommy Streeter a couple years back, same deal, height, size, speed, no real football ability, Washington is even worse off than Streeter was. If Washington was 5'10", nobody would ever bring his name up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/25/tommy-streeters-tenure-in-baltimore-ends-without-a-catch/

Ok maybe I need to see drop stats and more film. All I saw was good production and a couple full game highlights (Texas A&M & Florida) where he didn't have any drops and made an absolutely incredible TD catch against Texas A&M. There must be a few reason he's rated so low...

I looked online and this guy says he's got 'good hands'...:
http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/12/18/no-huddle-series-missouri-wr-ldamien-washington/

This guy saw the same film I did. Anyways he may not be consistent, but I wouldn't count him out. Plus this is a guy projected to be a 7th rounder. I would take him on the upside knowing there's probably a 70%+ failure rate on the last rounds of a draft.
You might as well take a flier on this kid. He's kind of a hard worker, had to work for what he's got, and could be a big contributor on ST. Just because he can't catch a pass doesn't mean he can't be a gunner on ST. The rest of it could be worked on. Maybe with some work he could be a speedster on the edge, but it won't happen at the beginning of his career.
Originally posted by loyalniner:
You might as well take a flier on this kid. He's kind of a hard worker, had to work for what he's got, and could be a big contributor on ST. Just because he can't catch a pass doesn't mean he can't be a gunner on ST. The rest of it could be worked on. Maybe with some work he could be a speedster on the edge, but it won't happen at the beginning of his career.

Yea sure plz lets draft a WR that cant catch a QB that cant pas N a O-lineman that cant block we'll be winning then...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Hope the 49ers draft this kid

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Hope the 49ers draft this kid

This is pretty much Tommy Streeter all over again IMO. Legendary athleticism, mediocre football ability.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 7, 2014 at 1:41 PM ]
This is pretty much Tommy Streeter all over again IMO. Legendary athleticism, mediocre football ability.

I think you are just shell-shocked still over Streeter... who I also thought was going to be good.

I didn't see poor hands or anything awful about Washington when I watched his games. My PTSD of Streeter (and a loaded WR class) still limits him to a late 4th rd prospect though.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I think you are just shell-shocked still over Streeter... who I also thought was going to be good.

I didn't see poor hands or anything awful about Washington when I watched his games. My PTSD of Streeter (and a loaded WR class) still limits him to a late 4th rd prospect though.

Stiff, highly limited as a route runner, iffy hands, this isn't PTSD, its just another case of a guy who gets overrated because of his size and speed, if he were 5'11", he wouldn't even get a look as a UDFA.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 7, 2014 at 2:57 PM ]

Stiff, highly limited as a route runner, iffy hands, this isn't PTSD, its just another case of a guy who gets overrated because of his size and speed, if he were 5'11", he wouldn't even get a look as a UDFA.

You win. The guy sucks!
You win. The guy sucks!

I'm just saying, if you look at draft history, every year we see a bunch of big, tall, fast and unskilled guys wash out. The late round guys who typically stick around are technician's at wide receiver, skilled route runners, good hands, guys who came from smaller schools.

Not sure why you would take Washington over Hoffman, Street, Enunwa, Hazel, TJ Jones, Jeff Janis....etc.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 7, 2014 at 3:25 PM ]
I don't think this guy is a bad as Streeter,
After watching that video I just hope he gets picked. Tough life
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Beckham in the 1st and Washington in the 5th

Hard not to like the kid if you watch this

Watched that video they made of him. Just thought it was pretty funny about how they went on & on about how poor they were & then showed this shot:

[ Edited by VPofCarnage on May 7, 2014 at 6:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone