There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Favorite Draft Prospects (Early Look)

Here's a look at some of my favorite prospects for the 49ers at their biggest positions of need (WR, CB, S)

WR Odell Beckham Jr. LSU 5'11" 208 Projected Round: 2nd
I expect Beckham to rise in the pre-draft process. He's an extremely natural, fluid athlete who is dynamic with the ball in his hands; exactly the type of playmaker the 49ers need to add. I can envision taking him late in the 1st round, or trading back a few spots to grab him in the early 2nd.

WR Martavis Bryant Clemson 6'5" 200 Projected Round: 4th/5th
Bryant is my sleeper pick for this year's draft. He was overshadowed at Clemson by Sammy Watkins, but Bryant came in as a decorated recruit and you can see why. He's a natural pass catcher with great ball skills and elite speed for his size. He's raw and not much of a route runner yet, but he is the type of deep threat the 49ers sorely need.

CB Bradley Roby Ohio St. 5'11" 192 Projected Round: Late 1st/Early 2nd
Roby is a strong, athletic and physical corner that can match up with almost anyone on the outside. He reminds me of Joe Haden.

CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste Nebraska 6'2" 215 Projected Round: 2nd/3rd
Jean-Baptiste is one of the the biggest, most physical CBs in the draft and had a terrific Senior Bowl. He's still adjusting to the position but it's easy to see the Richard Sherman parallels.

CB Jaylen Watkins Florida 5'11" 194 Projected Round: 3rd/4th
Watkins was overshadowed at Florida by Purifoy (who I really like too) and Roberson and played safety this past year but he's a good-sized, athletic CB that really stood out this week at the Senior Bowl. It wouldn't surprise me to see him go on to have as good, or better, pro career as his UF counterparts.

CB Aaron Colvin Oklahoma 5'11" 186 Projected Round: 5th/6th
Colvin just suffered a heart-breaking ACL tear at the Senior Bowl which will certainly drop him a few rounds, but this could make him a steal for a team like SF. Colvin is an experienced, athletic natural CB.

S Deone Bucannon WSU 6'1" 216 Projected Round: 2nd
Bucannon is a prototypical hard hitting S and just may be the hardest hitter in the draft. He's a big, bruising athlete that is more comfortable playing closer to the line of scrimmage, but he's fast and fluid enough to be a solid pass defender in the league too.

S Antone Exum Va Tech 5'11" 218 Projected Round: 3rd
Exum played a lot of CB so he has the cover skills that many hard hitting safety's lack which makes him an appealing prospect. The big knock on him has been an inability to stay healthy, but if a team is willing to gamble and wins on that, they could have a real steal.

S Craig Loston LSU 6'1" 214 Projected Round: 3rd/4th
Loston is an experienced, athletic S who's played very well in the SEC. He isn't spectacular in any one facet, but he's a hard hitter who rarely makes critical mistakes. And, it'd be cool to see him and Reid reunited in the 49ers defensive backfield.

2014 49ers Mock Draft
1st Round: WR Odell Beckham Jr. LSU 5'11" 208
2nd Round: CB Bradley Roby Ohio St. 5'11" 193
2nd Round: OG/C David Yankey Stanford 6'5" 311
3rd Round: Trade for 2015 2nd Round Pick
3rd Round: S Antone Exum Va Tech 5'11" 218
3rd Round: TE/HB Richard Rodgers Cal 6'4" 245
4th Round: WR Martavis Bryant Clemson 6'5" 200
5th Round: QB Stephen Morris Miami 6'2" 208
2014 Martavis Bryant = 2013 Justin Hunter. Is that bad thing???
Originally posted by FastEddyD:
2014 Martavis Bryant = 2013 Justin Hunter. Is that bad thing???

I would take it
I want Dennard
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I want Dennard

Go look at my most recent mock! (Revised Perfect Draft)