LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Mock with a big trade

LOL
Ummm, do you really think the browns would trade one of the legit top 3 wr's in the league currently for a late 1st and a third? Never gonna happen. People need to let it go. I wanted to trade for him when the possibility was there, but we sat on our thumbs instead. the chance has passed.
Let's just list this under "not happening." Cleveland isn't trading Gordon who outplayed every other receiver in the NFL late this past season and neither Joyner nor Hageman are falling to the late 2nd. Hageman could move up as high at the Top 15 in the draft and Joyner will be gone before the mid 2nd at the latest. If crackhead Mathieu got drafted in the early 3rd, Good Guy Joyner with a similar sort of skillset but better athleticism will be gone well before then.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 26, 2014 at 7:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Let's just list this under "not happening." Cleveland isn't trading Gordon who outplayed every other receiver in the NFL late this past season and neither Joyner nor Hageman are falling to the late 2nd. Hageman could move up as high at the Top 15 in the draft and Joyner will be gone before the mid 2nd at the latest. If crackhead Mathieu got drafted in the early 3rd, Good Guy Joyner with a similar sort of skillset but better athleticism will be gone well before then.

This. Thus my LOL response earlier.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 26, 2014 at 7:32 PM ]

You do realize he was on the trade block after already having a very good year in 2012 and during the time he was tearing it up in 2013. Hes one mistake away from a year long suspension. Its not out of the realm of possibility that Browns would still trade him for the right price. People need to realize this is a mock and a Gordon trade although unlikely, is still possible. You guys swear like Gordon is off limits now because he wasn't dealt in the regular season. Lol maybe the browns didn't get a deal they liked. I'm sure they'd think about it for the right price. A team that needs picks might be willing to give up a player with much baggage. Point is although the trade probably wont happen, it could happen, so jumping on it in a mock is dumb.

And like I said some picks might be long gone, but you nor anyone else knows what'll happen between now and the draft. And I was going off of CBSsports.com projected rounds, so it can't be too far off at this point.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

You do realize he was on the trade block after already having a very good year in 2012 and during the time he was tearing it up in 2013. Hes one mistake away from a year long suspension. Its not out of the realm of possibility that Browns would still trade him for the right price. People need to realize this is a mock and a Gordon trade although unlikely, is still possible. You guys swear like Gordon is off limits now because he wasn't dealt in the regular season. Lol maybe the browns didn't get a deal they liked. I'm sure they'd think about it for the right price. A team that needs picks might be willing to give up a player with much baggage. Point is although the trade probably wont happen, it could happen, so jumping on it in a mock is dumb.

And like I said some picks might be long gone, but you nor anyone else knows what'll happen between now and the draft. And I was going off of CBSsports.com projected rounds, so it can't be too far off at this point.

He was coming fresh off a suspension. He kept his nose clean the rest of the season and was the best WR in the league last year. Browns would be an even bigger laughing stock if they traded Gordon for a late first and a third. That would be robbery, and the fan base would revolt. Even two firsts and a developmental wr at this point they would likely balk at.
hi i am Brianna colton like to this gordon
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
He was coming fresh off a suspension. He kept his nose clean the rest of the season and was the best WR in the league last year. Browns would be an even bigger laughing stock if they traded Gordon for a late first and a third. That would be robbery, and the fan base would revolt. Even two firsts and a developmental wr at this point they would likely balk at.

Not sure that would be robbery. Percy Harvin was traded for a 1st (#25) and a 3rd. I think Josh Gordon is worth more at this point, but I wouldn't call a 1st and a 3rd for Josh Gordon insulting, but it will start some conversations.

Trent Richardson was traded for a 1st and people thought the Browns were idiots for getting so little in return. Looks like the Browns are laughing now.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
hageman sure looks great, but when you hear him talk he sounds like a pretty dumb person.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:

Not sure that would be robbery. Percy Harvin was traded for a 1st (#25) and a 3rd. I think Josh Gordon is worth more at this point, but I wouldn't call a 1st and a 3rd for Josh Gordon insulting, but it will start some conversations.

Trent Richardson was traded for a 1st and people thought the Browns were idiots for getting so little in return. Looks like the Browns are laughing now.

Did you just really compare the Harvin Trade to a possible Gordon trade? One is a top 3 WR, the other doesnt play. Harvin was also on a contract year... Gordon still has a favorable contract with two years left.

There is no comparison. To get a trade done for Gordon would take ATLEAST two firsts to even get them to the table to begin talking.

Not bad. We won't have whitner back next year. He wants his big payday and we don't have the cap room. We need to draft a SS. Also need to draft 2 WR's.
I could see us drafting 1 DL if we could get someone we project as a starter down the line and can rotate in for now like Tank Carradine. Otherwise like the mock. We won't be getting Gordon but perhaps we can darft a quality receiver in the 1st. This draft is loaded with quality receivers.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:

Did you just really compare the Harvin Trade to a possible Gordon trade? One is a top 3 WR, the other doesnt play. Harvin was also on a contract year... Gordon still has a favorable contract with two years left.

There is no comparison. To get a trade done for Gordon would take ATLEAST two firsts to even get them to the table to begin talking.

Look, all I'm saying is that a trade for Gordon isn't impossible like people are claiming. And you have no idea that it would take at least two first round picks for Gordon. Gordon obviously was a top 3 wide receiver, but again he is one mistake away from a year long suspension, which is why he was on the trade block in the first place. The asking price during the regular season was reportedly a second round pick. Gordon was already a confirmed stud. Now who knows what his value is. But as this is a mock, a first round pick and a third round pick is not utterly ridiculous like some seem to think. The Browns very well may balk at that offer, but you don't know that and I don't know that. Remember, the Browns are notorious for being bad and doing very questionable things. Like wasting two first round picks on an old quarterback and a runningback they would just trade away the following year.
Look, all I'm saying is that a trade for Gordon isn't impossible like people are claiming. And you have no idea that it would take at least two first round picks for Gordon. Gordon obviously was a top 3 wide receiver, but again he is one mistake away from a year long suspension, which is why he was on the trade block in the first place. The asking price during the regular season was reportedly a second round pick. Gordon was already a confirmed stud. Now who knows what his value is. But as this is a mock, a first round pick and a third round pick is not utterly ridiculous like some seem to think. The Browns very well may balk at that offer, but you don't know that and I don't know that. Remember, the Browns are notorious for being bad and doing very questionable things. Like wasting two first round picks on an old quarterback and a runningback they would just trade away the following year.

I also think that claim was b******t. Supposedly multiple teams offered a 2nd rounder, if so, the deal should have gotten done, no? The issue is that Cleveland always wanted a 1st round pick for the guy, they had gotten a 1st rounder for Richardson and were hoping to get the same or better for Gordon, this was before he went GOAT mode and now he is virtually untradeable.

I look at the Cleveland fanbase the same as I do a battered wife who gets smacked around, smacked around, eventually one day she pulls out a gun and kills the son of a b***h. Trading Gordon would precipitate that "torches and pitchforks" moment for the Browns as he is their only true franchise player on offense. Not even Lombardi is dumb enough to move the guy at this point, he's simply too good, in the same way that you won't trade Megatron, you won't trade Gordon who put up absolutely bats**t insane numbers playing with Tweedleedee and Tweedleedumb at quarterback.

They won't trade him the same way that the 49ers won't trade Aldon Smith due to his issues. By all accounts Gordon appears to have cleaned his act up and was a model teammate this season. Forget it, he's not going anywhere.

I also think that claim was b******t. Supposedly multiple teams offered a 2nd rounder, if so, the deal should have gotten done, no? The issue is that Cleveland always wanted a 1st round pick for the guy, they had gotten a 1st rounder for Richardson and were hoping to get the same or better for Gordon, this was before he went GOAT mode and now he is virtually untradeable.

I look at the Cleveland fanbase the same as I do a battered wife who gets smacked around, smacked around, eventually one day she pulls out a gun and kills the son of a b***h. Trading Gordon would precipitate that "torches and pitchforks" moment for the Browns as he is their only true franchise player on offense. Not even Lombardi is dumb enough to move the guy at this point, he's simply too good, in the same way that you won't trade Megatron, you won't trade Gordon who put up absolutely bats**t insane numbers playing with Tweedleedee and Tweedleedumb at quarterback.

They won't trade him the same way that the 49ers won't trade Aldon Smith due to his issues. By all accounts Gordon appears to have cleaned his act up and was a model teammate this season. Forget it, he's not going anywhere.

You're probably right. But this is a mock and he was on the trade block. I still think, for the right price, Cleveland would be willing to deal him. Remember it's the Cleveland Browns. If I'm the 49ers, I'd be more than willing to give up a first and another high pick for a player of that caliber, even with the baggage that he has. The Browns could use more high picks and I don't think Gordon is off limits, like say a Calvin Johnson would be.
I understand its a mock but why bother with specualting on a trade that isnt going to happen unless the Browns got blown away with an amazing offer (which a first and a 3rd isnt).
Share 49ersWebzone