There are 142 users in the forums

Tha best mock draft ur not mocking (2014)

Love the mock. I'm with you on taking a defensive end whether it be Tuitt or Hagalman. It's not an immediate need but Justin Smith's don't grow on trees.
I'm not mocking this mock. I like it.

I especially like it because the players picked were almost all realistic values.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I'm not mocking this mock. I like it.

I especially like it because the players picked were almost all realistic values.

Thanks I'd try to be as realistic as I can lookin up trade value N what rounds players are listed ...I think B.Ellington in tha 4th is pushing it but he could fall so mid 4th round could happen ....
Originally posted by communist:
So, you don't think that we need a REALLY fast/quick player?
Cooper is a starter on a s**tty defense.
Brock has needed FOUR years to be there where he is right now.
Wilhoite was a ST-guy only up to now.

So, now you wanna argue about the relevance of 7th-rounders, based on these facts? C'mon maaaaaaaan.

Bruce Miller
Ricky Jean-Francois
Anthony Dixon
Andy Lee

Just for starters. Look at the players that were un drafted free agents.
Donte Moncrief might be available with our 1st 2nd round pick. If we don't think he will fall to us we could probably move up for a 5th or 6th round pick and get him. Why trade away an early 3rd rounder?
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Donte Moncrief might be available with our 1st 2nd round pick. If we don't think he will fall to us we could probably move up for a 5th or 6th round pick and get him. Why trade away an early 3rd rounder?

After tha combime i think Moncrief has moved up maybe more then what some think IMO that is ...I traded a late 2nd N early 3rd picks for a mid round 2nd #46 moving up 15 picks N also landing a mid 4th round pick #114 ....
We will obviously trade picks in preparation for 2015's draft as well. This mock is fine with me except we don't need 2 receivers or a QB in the first 4 rounds. Ithink They expect Patton to be the 3rd receiver, so only 1 more should be brought in to compete with him for time. Moncreif would be fine with me. Seems like a veteran back up QB is more their style , so why waste apick on someone who will never see the field ? Any QB selection early means they believe Kaep may price himself out of town . I also think it may not an easy year to get a trade done as this years draft is perceived as strong and teams may not be compelled to move.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Mar 6, 2014 at 9:51 PM ]
Originally posted by T-9ers:
We will obviously trade picks in preparation for 2015's draft as well. This mock is fine with me except we don't need 2 receivers or a QB in the first 4 rounds. Ithink They expect Patton to be the 3rd receiver, so only 1 more should be brought in to compete with him for time. Moncreif would be fine with me. Seems like a veteran back up QB is more their style , so why waste apick on someone who will never see the field ? Any QB selection early means they believe Kaep may price himself out of town . I also think it may not an easy year to get a trade done as this years draft is perceived as strong and teams may not be compelled to move.

There are several reasons to draft 2 receivers.
1. This is a very deep draft for receivers and we might not see another chance to get 1st -2nd round receivers in the 3rd or 4th round so drafting 1 early and another in the 3rd or 4th round is a bargain.

2. Receivers take time to develop. Look at rookie years for Crabtree or TO. How many catches per game did Patton have even if we just look at the games he played?

3. Boldin will be here maybe 2 more years and Crabtree's deal is coming to an end and we don't know if we can resign him. He won't be cheap.

4. 2 years in a row we have had 2 receivers go down with injury and we could use the depth.

With so many picks (11 plus a comp pick probably 3rd or 4th round) this is the time to develop a couple of young receivers. We have 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds. If we use 2 on WR's that still leaves us 5 more picks in the 1st 4 rounds to add to an already deep team plus our 5 other picks in rounds 5-7. Even IF we resign Crabtree that gives us 4 receivers after Boldin leaves in 2 years when the 2 rooks are coming in to their own. 1 can start and the other can rotate in.

Will h*ll if tha redskins can trade up N take RG3 N then take K.Cousins in tha 4th round as a fall back why cant we take a early or late 4th round QB ???? Besides if its true that keap is askin for $18 or $20 mill a yr that is to much ... As for WR i would see us useing B.Ellington as a KR/PR at first N show LMJ tha door....Also Crabtree has 1 yr left N he may want to much money also N Boldin only signed a 2 yr deal....So drafting 2 WR would be very smart D.Moncrief can watch come in here N there N Ellington would learn to run new routes N be our KR/PR guy....
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

There are several reasons to draft 2 receivers.
1. This is a very deep draft for receivers and we might not see another chance to get 1st -2nd round receivers in the 3rd or 4th round so drafting 1 early and another in the 3rd or 4th round is a bargain.

2. Receivers take time to develop. Look at rookie years for Crabtree or TO. How many catches per game did Patton have even if we just look at the games he played?

3. Boldin will be here maybe 2 more years and Crabtree's deal is coming to an end and we don't know if we can resign him. He won't be cheap.

4. 2 years in a row we have had 2 receivers go down with injury and we could use the depth.

With so many picks (11 plus a comp pick probably 3rd or 4th round) this is the time to develop a couple of young receivers. We have 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds. If we use 2 on WR's that still leaves us 5 more picks in the 1st 4 rounds to add to an already deep team plus our 5 other picks in rounds 5-7. Even IF we resign Crabtree that gives us 4 receivers after Boldin leaves in 2 years when the 2 rooks are coming in to their own. 1 can start and the other can rotate in.

Good points.

I am normally against drafting receivers early, but we are going to have to have people ready to go in a few years like you said.

Moncrief, Beckham, and most of the others will take a few years. I think Cooks and Lee could provide immediate impact, but we're not guaranteed to get either of them.

Couldn't read, didn't read
I like your draft ....would improve our team in a big way
Originally posted by AUniner:
Couldn't read, didn't read

Glad u luv it
1. We'll only make 9 selections
2. Kyle Fuller will be a 49er
3. My. Evans or K. Benjamin will be a 49er
As of now I am convinced of this
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
1. We'll only make 9 selections
2. Kyle Fuller will be a 49er
3. My. Evans or K. Benjamin will be a 49er
As of now I am convinced of this

So we'll need to trade everything for two 1st round between picks #10-#20 to have a chance at Fuller N Evens so how would that work ????
Share 49ersWebzone