LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Tha best mock draft ur not mocking (2014)

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Possesses thick, athletic-looking frame and an impressive speed/agility combination that enable him to
separate consistently as a route-runner,
and extend plays after the catch both in
space and on contact.... thats just a part of tha bio on Latimer so what I took frm that is he has some speed to break away ...
So, you don't think that we need a REALLY fast/quick player?
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
Originally posted by communist:
Do not even care about 6th or 7th-rounders...

Tramaine Brock wasn't even drafted 4 years ago, now he's one of our Starting CB's.

Michael Wilhoite wasn't drafted either 4 years ago and now a likely starter at ILB for the injured Navorro Bowman.

Marcus Cooper was a 7th rounder last year that we tried to stash on the practice squad and the KC chiefs used him as a nickle corner, playing snaps equal to that of a starter.

6th and 7th rounders are bullets in the gun. The more bullets the more likely to hit on a player.
Cooper is a starter on a s**tty defense.
Brock has needed FOUR years to be there where he is right now.
Wilhoite was a ST-guy only up to now.

So, now you wanna argue about the relevance of 7th-rounders, based on these facts? C'mon maaaaaaaan.
Possesses thick, athletic-looking frame and an impressive speed/agility combination that enable him to
separate consistently as a route-runner,
and extend plays after the catch both in
space and on contact.... thats just a part of tha bio on Latimer so what I took frm that is he has some speed to break away ...

Is it just about being fast or quick isnt our biggest problem of our WRs is gettin separate ??? I think we do need a fast WR N like I said frm his bio I took that he has some good speed N can get separation... I could be wrong just a 1st mock draft plz dont hold me to it ...
Neither Crabtree nor Boldin got separation on a constant basis against Seattle last sunday.

I don't hold you to anything, don't worry, I'm just curios. Another guy postet a mock some days ago with the same "issue".
Cooper is a starter on a s**tty defense.
Brock has needed FOUR years to be there where he is right now.
Wilhoite was a ST-guy only up to now.

So, now you wanna argue about the relevance of 7th-rounders, based on these facts? C'mon maaaaaaaan.

Did you really say the Chiefs D is "s**tty"? Wow. They were a top 5 D and the reason Alex won all those games.
I simly don't get it...why do you guys take two physical receivers??? Explain it to me PLEASE.

Cuz Kap likes big physical WRs.
We need a big play deep threat WR. Kap has 1 of the strongest arms in the NFL and we have no deep threat at WR. We need to draft 2 WR's and at least 1 has to be a deep threat. Also need 2 CB's , a SS, and a Center which you have mocked. The rest is gravy. would like 1 top notch DL to pair with Tank Carradine rotating in and as eventual starters.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
We need a big play deep threat WR. Kap has 1 of the strongest arms in the NFL and we have no deep threat at WR. We need to draft 2 WR's and at least 1 has to be a deep threat. Also need 2 CB's , a SS, and a Center which you have mocked. The rest is gravy. would like 1 top notch DL to pair with Tank Carradine rotating in and as eventual starters.

So if i coved all tha bases where do we fit in a top notch D-line gut at ??? I did take Justin Ellis NT/DT 3rd comp frm what has been reported he was lookin great N listed in tha top ten of tha EW Shrine game....
New N improved have fun kiddies !!!!
Overall, I'm a fan.

Really like the Moncrief, Watkins, and Brooks picks.. Walt Aikens and Ellington would be nice too.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Did you really say the Chiefs D is "s**tty"? Wow. They were a top 5 D and the reason Alex won all those games.

Not true... The KC defense was very solid in the first half of the season.. but injuries and opponents with better QBs in the 2nd half really made that KC defense look wretched.

" They were the reason Alex won those games?!? " .....

I would like this draft a lot.
This would be a productive draft.
Had Tuitt not suffered a foot injury, I'd have no problem taking him in the 1st rd. Since he has that injury, no dice. Also, WRT Watkins, he's a very unlikely pick by Baalke...he has short arms. All of which is why Kyle Fuller makes a lot more sense...dude has almost 33 " arms and is a very good all around CB. I like Moncrief, but Matthews ran almost as fast at the combine and has a much bigger body of work in the SEC. All-time receiving leader in SEC...that's hard to beat.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Had Tuitt not suffered a foot injury, I'd have no problem taking him in the 1st rd. Since he has that injury, no dice. Also, WRT Watkins, he's a very unlikely pick by Baalke...he has short arms. All of which is why Kyle Fuller makes a lot more sense...dude has almost 33 " arms and is a very good all around CB. I like Moncrief, but Matthews ran almost as fast at the combine and has a much bigger body of work in the SEC. All-time receiving leader in SEC...that's hard to beat.

I like K.Fuller a lot just think we'll have to move up 5-10 picks to get which we can do.. J.watkins was just my fall back guy ... I totally agree about J.Matthews he's my favorite WR but I'm taken D.Moncrief because I believe there a higher upside there...S.Tuitt is my favorite player of all N is going to be something special IMO so I could careless over a small foot injury...
I like K.Fuller a lot just think we'll have to move up 5-10 picks to get which we can do.. J.watkins was just my fall back guy ... I totally agree about J.Matthews he's my favorite WR but I'm taken D.Moncrief because I believe there a higher upside there...S.Tuitt is my favorite player of all N is going to be something special IMO so I could careless over a small foot injury...

I agree with almost every word of this. Especially the part about Tuitt. He's a must-have IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone