There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tha best mock draft ur not mocking (2014)

(Updated April 29 2014)

Trade 1 .... we trade picks #30 N #94 to Jacksonville for picks #38 N #70...

Trade 2... we trade picks #70 N #77 to tha Bills for.pick #41 ....

Round 2 pick #38 we take ...Stephon Tuitt DE/DT Norte Dame 6'5 304lbs ...Now not a real need but I luv this guy he can play all over our D-line ...We have a few guys becoming free agents at tha end of 2015...Just think of Tuitt N Tank as starters in a few yrs h*ll we could have a better D-line in a yr or 2 then what we have now ...

Round 2 pick #41.Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt 6'3 212lbs ... He's my favorite WR he put up crazy numbers at Vanderbilt everybody knew he was getting tha ball N still couldn't stop him...he's a great route runner along with bigg hands. ..

Round 2 pick #56 we take ...Pierre Desir CB Lindenwood 6'1 198lbs ...what i like most about him is that hes a family man knucklehead free N we need that badly ....

Round 2 pick #61 we take ... Bruce Ellington WR South Caroline 5'9 197lbs ... don't care much for midget WR but what I do like is that he's stout plus throw him in tha mix for PR/KR..

Round 3 pick #100(comp)...we take ... Walt Aikens CB Liberty 6'1 205lbs... This is a future pick let him watch N learn for a year or two. ..H*ll throw him in tha mix at nickel as will ...

Round 4 pick #129 ..we take ... Add QB name here ....Fales ??? Murry ???? Smith ??? Thomas ??? I dont care u pick 1 ..I

Round 5 ...We take...Tyler Starr ...OLB...South Dakota 6'4 249lbs...luv this kid let him watch N learn perfect back up...

Round 7A .We take...Spencer Long OG Nebraska 6'4 315lbs.... Injury special N maybe a replacement at LG in a yr ...

Round 7B.We take...Tevin Mcdonald ...FS ..Eastern Washington 5'11 190lbs ....So Tevin is tha younger brother of Tim, Jr.(goes by T.J.), was a senior All-America safety at USC
in 2012 and was drafted in the third round of the 2013 Draft by St. Louis. His dad is Tim Mcdonald so this kid has foitball in his blood ... I read he has been in trouble but with our team hopefully he can learn to fly straight...

Round 7C.We take...Trey Millard ...FB/everything else...6'2 ..247lbs..Injury special plus a do it all kinda player...

There u have it my picks..Height N weight come frm cbs sport site I also used cbs site to help with what round players may go in...so if u don't like take it up with CBS. ..Thanks N have fun picking my mock apart. ...
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Apr 29, 2014 at 7:21 PM ]
Nice mock. Trade back works if Matthews is the result. Was more excited about Fales before the Senior Bowl, but he didn't exactly light it up in Mobile. Well done.
I simly don't get it...why do you guys take two physical receivers??? Explain it to me PLEASE.
Still don't think we draft 13 players, our roster is so deep it would be a waste since at least half won't make it. Doubt we trade down too, more likely use extra picks to accomplish something.
Do not even care about 6th or 7th-rounders...
I have no idea why guys are in love with safety's that can hit but simply aren't good in coverage. Go look at the game tape of Earl Thomas on Jimmy Graham from the playoffs. Look at how many times he knocks the ball away from Graham within 8 to 15 yards from the line of scrimmage. I can't remember 5 times in the last 2 seasons that Whitner knocked the ball away from a receiver within 10 to 15 yards of the line of scrimmage. Goldson and Whitner are 1980's safety's when teams ran the ball alot and when they did pass they knocked the receiver out over the middle. This is 2014 and those days are over. A lot of teams throw 40+ times a game and the NFL isn't going to let you hit defenseless receivers over the middle anymore. You need safety's that can cover.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Jan 26, 2014 at 9:33 AM ]
Originally posted by communist:
I simly don't get it...why do you guys take two physical receivers??? Explain it to me PLEASE.

The non physical receivers don't usually do well...

Possesses thick, athletic-looking frame and an impressive speed/agility combination that enable him to
separate consistently as a route-runner,
and extend plays after the catch both in
space and on contact.... thats just a part of tha bio on Latimer so what I took frm that is he has some speed to break away ...
Originally posted by Janitor:
Still don't think we draft 13 players, our roster is so deep it would be a waste since at least half won't make it. Doubt we trade down too, more likely use extra picks to accomplish something.

Tha trade down was just a fun N for a extra 4tj round pick..I think after all tha workouts are over we'll have to move up to get J.Matthews(My favorite WR this yr)
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
I have no idea why guys are in love with safety's that can hit but simply aren't good in coverage. Go look at the game tape of Earl Thomas on Jimmy Graham from the playoffs. Look at how many times he knocks the ball away from Graham within 8 to 15 yards from the line of scrimmage. I can't remember 5 times in the last 2 seasons that Whitner knocked the ball away from a receiver within 10 to 15 yards of the line of scrimmage. Goldson and Whitner are 1980's safety's when teams ran the ball alot and when they did pass they knocked the receiver out over the middle. This is 2014 and those days are over. A lot of teams throw 40+ times a game and the NFL isn't going to let you hit defenseless receivers over the middle anymore. You need safety's that can cover.

Bucannon was more of a webzone pick everyone seems to luv him..As for me this yrs class of safetys are blah
Originally posted by Janitor:

There is no way we draft more than 10 players. I see us trading up and trading out 3-4 times.

Earl Thomas is also arguably the best safety in the league playing in the best secondary. You don't simply just pick one up in the draft. He's also playing with Tight End eraser Kam Chancellor. Name me another safety or duo of safeties that can shut down the likes of Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis.

And why do you hate Bucannon? He's taller than Whitner, has long arms, and has been described as a Donte Whitner with batter coverage ability, ball instincts, and big play ability.

I guess I don't understand this anguish with a Bucannon pick that seems to be coming out of left-field after everything I've read and saw about Bucannon.

If I'm wrong, please enlighten me with information.
Do not even care about 6th or 7th-rounders...

Tramaine Brock wasn't even drafted 4 years ago, now he's one of our Starting CB's.

Michael Wilhoite wasn't drafted either 4 years ago and now a likely starter at ILB for the injured Navorro Bowman.

Marcus Cooper was a 7th rounder last year that we tried to stash on the practice squad and the KC chiefs used him as a nickle corner, playing snaps equal to that of a starter.

6th and 7th rounders are bullets in the gun. The more bullets the more likely to hit on a player.
Originally posted by Stanley:
Earl Thomas is also arguably the best safety in the league playing in the best secondary. You don't simply just pick one up in the draft. He's also playing with Tight End eraser Kam Chancellor. Name me another safety or duo of safeties that can shut down the likes of Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis.

And why do you hate Bucannon? He's taller than Whitner, has long arms, and has been described as a Donte Whitner with batter coverage ability, ball instincts, and big play ability.

I guess I don't understand this anguish with a Bucannon pick that seems to be coming out of left-field after everything I've read and saw about Bucannon.

Lamarcus Joyner of Florida St. is the guy I want playing next to Eric Reid at safety next season. He's in the mold of Earl Thomas and he plays with a real mean streak. I'm not saying that players like Whitner or Bucannon aren't good but they don't have fluid hips or change direction well on the run. Those type of players genrally have receivers catch the ball then try and knock it out with a big hit. Those days in the NFL are over. Guys like Joyner can cover all over the field,lineup on a slot receiver and Joyner also plays physical enough to help in the run game.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Jan 26, 2014 at 1:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Stanley:

Lamarcus Joyner of Florida St. is the guy I want playing next to Eric Reid at safety next season. He's in the mold of Earl Thomas and he plays with a real mean streak. I'm not saying that players like Whitner or Bucannon aren't good but they don't have fluid hips or change direction well on the run. Those type of players genrally have receivers catch the ball then try and knock it out with a big hit. Those days in the NFL are over. Guys like Joyner can cover all over the field,lineup on a slot receiver and Joyner also plays physical enough to help in the run game.

I agree with Joyner, I like him a lot, UNC fan so I watch a lot of ACC football, but I like Bucannon also