There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My 1st 2014 mock draft

Round 1)Wr Allen Robinson Penn St.-A 6'3" quick receiver with great route running skills. Has been coached for 2 seasons by NFL coach Bill O'Brien.
Round 2)FS Lamarcus Joyner Florida St.- A Earl Thomas like clone that will excel in coverage.
Round 2)RB Tre Mason Auburn- A great RB with size and power that will run in the rotation with Gore and Lattimore. After next season he'll pair with Lattimore in the backfield.
Round 3)CB Keith McGill Utah- A 6'3" DB that plays physical at the line of scrimmage. He has looked real good this week at the senior bowl.
Round 3) C Weston Richburg Colorado St- Another player that has looked great this week at the senior bowl and the eventual replacement of Goodwin.
Round 3 comp pick) OLB Dee Ford Auburn- Another pass rusher off the edge that will take Skuta's place after next season.
Round 4) DE Dominque Easley Florida- A top level DE that will fall in the draft becaus eof a knee injury. The 49ers have the picks and the luxury to redshirt Easley.
Round 5) NT Justin Ellis La. Tech- A true NT that has turned heads at the senior bowl. Can replace Dorsey after next season.
Round 6) CB Aaron Colvin Oklahoma- A slot corner that tore his ACL during the senior bowl pratices and another luxury pick that can redshirt.
Round 7) QB Logan Thomas VT- A tall strong armed QB that needs a coach like Jim Harbaugh. Has all the tools but needs time to sit and develop.

Well I'll stop right there even though we have 2 more 7th round picks. It's early in the process and evaluations/opinion will change.
So I'm guessing with this mock we going to resign Whitner because there's no safty in this mock. I'm all for it to draft a RB even though we have 4 of them. I would rather take captain Carey.
Originally posted by cgoblin:
So I'm guessing with this mock we going to resign Whitner because there's no safty in this mock. I'm all for it to draft a RB even though we have 4 of them. I would rather take captain Carey.

Lamarcus Joyner is the replacement for Whitner. Joyner has played safety at Florida St. and looked great. The days of the Ronnie Lott knock your head off safety are over. You need a free safety now that can cover like Eral Thomas.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Originally posted by cgoblin:

Lamarcus Joyner is the replacement for Whitner. Joyner has played safety at Florida St. and looked great. The days of the Ronnie Lott knock your head off safety are over. You need a free safety now that can cover like Eral Thomas.

Joyner remind me of the Badger that the Cardinals have but I rather have him in the slot in our nickel package and have Buccannon and Reid in the back field.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:

Earl Thomas can cover, but he can hit as well.
A little early for mocks imo wait until the senior bowl and combine
Here's my latest mock

1 WR Kelvin Benjamin
2a S Deon Bucannon
2b Injured DT Dominique Easley
3a C Weston Richburg
3b C Pierre Desir
3c WR Josh Huff
4 Injured CB Aaron Colvin
5 Injured QB Aaron Murray
6 LB Jeremiah George
7 a TE Gator Hoskins
7 b QB Connor Shaw
7 c Injured FB Trey Millard

4- 2014 Injured Redshirt players: QB, FB, DE and CB

1 QB: Connor Shaw1 TE: Gator Hoskins1 Center: Weston Richburg2 WR's: Kelvin Benjamin

1 Safety: Deon Bucannon1 CB: Pierre Desir1 LB: Jermiah George

Add to this group: 2013 Redshirts

OT: MARQUARDT

RB: MARCUS LATTIMORE

DE: LAWRENCE OKOYE

DE: TANK CARRIDINE

DT: QUINTON DIAL
I like Justin Ellis in your mock, but I don't think the 49ers are going to draft a nose tackle this year.

Interesting pick with Tre Mason. I definitely see it has a possibility, but more telling about what they think about Lattimore's recovery and the future of LaMichael James, who the 49ers do not use and could use in screens if they ever used them.

Dorsey played well and the original starter Ian Williams is coming back. Not too mention Dial, and Okoye may be able to play a little NT as well.

So 3- guys at the NT:

I also feel like Aaron Murray, Aaron Colvin and Trey Millard are almost no-brainer picks based on the 49ers draft and stash method, especially with 12 picks this year. Aaron Murray also fills that mobile, fleet footed style QB that Harbaugh seeks (McCoy, BJ Daniels, Josh Johnson, Seneca Wallace...) except he has the IQ of a Scott Tolzein and the college pedigree and college experience to go with it.

The sting of the NFC championship loss is lessened by the 12 picks in the draft and the 2013 redshirts.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
Here's my latest mock

1 WR Kelvin Benjamin
2a S Deon Bucannon
3a C Weston Richburg
3b C Pierre Desir
3c WR Josh Huff
6 LB Jeremiah George
7 a TE Gator Hoskins
7 b QB Connor Shaw

1 QB: Connor Shaw1 TE: Gator Hoskins1 Center: Weston Richburg2 WR's: Kelvin Benjamin

I like this. I would prefer to take Ahmad Dixon instead of Bucannon, also i would rather take Will Sutton instead of one of the centers.

As of late, I've really fallen for K. Benjamin. I'm just having trouble comparing him to an NFL player, Vincent JAckson? Alshon Jeffrey? Brandon Marshall?
love this mock draft! Robinson has good size and speed. Joyner could play a Matheui-like role by playing in the slot and FS and I expect Reid to become as good as Earl Thomas and allow our defense to play one deep safety. Love the McGill pick, getting big corners to play press coverage. I use to go to Colorado State and I am a big fan of Richburg.

You answered all the offseason questions
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Here's my latest mock

1 WR Kelvin Benjamin
2a S Deon Bucannon
3a C Weston Richburg
3b C Pierre Desir
3c WR Josh Huff
6 LB Jeremiah George
7 a TE Gator Hoskins
7 b QB Connor Shaw

What is that, the all ACL draft? Lol.
Originally posted by HERN:
I like this. I would prefer to take Ahmad Dixon instead of Bucannon, also i would rather take Will Sutton instead of one of the centers.

As of late, I've really fallen for K. Benjamin. I'm just having trouble comparing him to an NFL player, Vincent JAckson? Alshon Jeffrey? Brandon Marshall?

Will Sutton, definitely interests me, but I have to consider the 2013 Redshirts.

I think the need of D-linemen is false. We have the players, they've just been redshirted.

The 49ers have 3 redshirt 2013 players in Dial, Carradine and Okoye as well as the return of their starting 2013 Nose Tackle Ian Williams.
Originally posted by mayo49:
What is that, the all ACL draft? Lol.

Not All.

1/3 ACL draft!!!

Draft and Stash baby!!!
Best mock iev seen you dont have 4 Wrs and 4Dbs, and it looks realistic. I would like to see the players weakness tho
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HERN:

Will Sutton, definitely interests me, but I have to consider the 2013 Redshirts.

I think the need of D-linemen is false. We have the players, they've just been redshirted.

The 49ers have 3 redshirt 2013 players in Dial, Carradine and Okoye as well as the return of their starting 2013 Nose Tackle Ian Williams.
I guess your right. I really like Sutton, he kinda reminds me of Geno Atkins as far as size and quickness. This would be more of a luxury pick IMO.