LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Mike Evans WR 6'5

I have been seeing draft mock's to trade up for Sammy Watkins, Justin Gilbert but haven't seen any for Mike Evans. Mike Evans might fall to our reach with out even trading due to his speed. What do you guys think if he fall in the 20-25 range should we pull the trigger and get him. I been hearing a lot about Kelvin Benjamin and not a lot about Mike and I belive he's going to go before Mike Evans.
Huge fan of Evans, but I don't see him falling out of the top 15-20. If we don't re-sign Boldin, I wouldn't be mad if we traded up for a guy like Evans or a Marquise Lee.
Evans is Vincent Jackson. He was a monster here in SD and now with Tampa Bay. He was never a burner either. I would be ok with a trade up for him. He's Boldin but taller. He will go and get the ball. He will muscle it away from the defender. When the ball is in the air it's his. Heck he'd even fight Sherman for the ball. LOL. People underestimate this guy on the WZ IMO.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Evans is Vincent Jackson. He was a monster here in SD and now with Tampa Bay. He was never a burner either. I would be ok with a trade up for him. He's Boldin but taller. He will go and get the ball. He will muscle it away from the defender. When the ball is in the air it's his. Heck he'd even fight Sherman for the ball. LOL. People underestimate this guy on the WZ IMO.

Well let me ask this who's better Mike or Benjamin , Benjamin will boost his stock up in the draft combine were I think Mike will decrease his stock do to his speed. I think Binjamin is going to be a bust in all reality. Mike do resemble Vincent I prefer Mike
Originally posted by cgoblin:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Well let me ask this who's better Mike or Benjamin , Benjamin will boost his stock up in the draft combine were I think Mike will decrease his stock do to his speed. I think Binjamin is going to be a bust in all reality. Mike do resemble Vincent I prefer Mike

I prefer Mike Evans by far. IMO it is the opposite at the combine. Benjamin will run slower than expected. And Mike Evans will run faster than expected. But neither will be a burner.
Evans is the 2nd best receiver in this draft. He's got Great size and underrated strength. I do not like TeX A&M too much but I'm a big fan of this guy. If he happened to fall to 17-18 i would be very happy to go get him.
No thanks. Not explosive enough. We need fast explosive guys to beat Seattle's Dbs. Mike Evans isn't running away from anyone. He may be good, but I see him kind of like a Marques Colston type of guy. We need a Josh Gordon, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones type of guy or a Desean Jackson, TY Hilton type of guy.
Search function works.
Mike Evans is a BEAST, I watched him play down here in Texas a lot. He made Johnny Football look a lot better than he is on some of those highlight plays. Dude just simply goe sup and gets the ball. Not afraid to take a hit...
Perhaps you can look before you start new threads

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/174208-mike-evans-texas-aampm/

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Huge fan of Evans, but I don't see him falling out of the top 15-20. If we don't re-sign Boldin, I wouldn't be mad if we traded up for a guy like Evans or a Marquise Lee.

I would much prefer Lee over Evans for what our team needs. The 3 guys I would consider trading up for should they somehow fall to the 20s are Denard, Gilbert, or Lee
Share 49ersWebzone