Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska

Draft him, Baalke. Do it.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Draft him, Baalke. Do it.

[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Mar 7, 2014 at 11:06 PM ]
  • tjace
  • Veteran
http://draftbreakdown.com/video/stanley-jean-baptiste-vs-penn-state-2013/

Big but can't hit or press. Robinson is an okay route runner but yet SJB is getting burned over and over again. DB's are supposed to do better at those ASG's because offenses don't have the time to click or execute. Remember how Taylor Mays did at the Sr. Bowl?

I'd rather trade up for Gilbert or wait our turn to get Kyle Fuller or Verrett. All three are great in coverage and are proven to help against the run.All are way better tacklers than SJB.

Fuller can also play Saftey to as both free and strong like how Fangio wants out of his safeties. Watch his Geor. Tech film. The dude isn't just helping against the run, he's stopping it at the line.
  • tjace
  • Veteran
repost
[ Edited by tjace on Mar 9, 2014 at 5:26 AM ]
  • tjace
  • Veteran
repost
[ Edited by tjace on Mar 9, 2014 at 5:26 AM ]
Terrible rookie season. The Saints were bringing in multiple guys off the street to play in front of him. It was only his rookie season but considering he couldn't break through for a team that was completely injured ravaged in the secondary, no bueno. Just from comparing their rookie seasons, Dontae Johnson in the late 4th looks to be a far better choice than SJB in the 2nd.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/12/new_orleans_saints_stanley_jea.html

A second-round draft pick out Nebraska, Jean-Baptiste grew up in Miami the son of parents who immigrated from Haiti. He answers questions in a soft-spoken lilt and doesn't come across as a malcontent.

But he's been increasingly open in sharing his confusion about his role on the team.

"I'm not really lost, I just don't know what's going on -- as far as what the coaches are thinking," Jean-Baptiste said. "I can't do anything about it. I'm just sitting back and waiting on my time."

Jean-Baptiste said he was called in to meet with coaches earlier this month after the loss to the Carolina Panthers.

Coach Sean Payton had meetings with several players and shook up the depth chart in response to the 41-10 defeat.

Jean-Baptiste was not a beneficiary of the changes. He was inactive for 12 of the Saints' 16 games in 2014.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 12, 2015 at 10:36 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Terrible rookie season. The Saints were bringing in multiple guys off the street to play in front of him. It was only his rookie season but considering he couldn't break through for a team that was completely injured ravaged in the secondary, no bueno. Just from comparing their rookie seasons, Dontae Johnson in the late 4th looks to be a far better choice than SJB in the 2nd.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/12/new_orleans_saints_stanley_jea.html

A second-round draft pick out Nebraska, Jean-Baptiste grew up in Miami the son of parents who immigrated from Haiti. He answers questions in a soft-spoken lilt and doesn't come across as a malcontent.

But he's been increasingly open in sharing his confusion about his role on the team.

"I'm not really lost, I just don't know what's going on -- as far as what the coaches are thinking," Jean-Baptiste said. "I can't do anything about it. I'm just sitting back and waiting on my time."

Jean-Baptiste said he was called in to meet with coaches earlier this month after the loss to the Carolina Panthers.

Coach Sean Payton had meetings with several players and shook up the depth chart in response to the 41-10 defeat.

Jean-Baptiste was not a beneficiary of the changes. He was inactive for 12 of the Saints' 16 games in 2014.

Yeah we got much better value with Dontae Johnson in the 4th round.
[ Edited by Hopper on Mar 12, 2015 at 12:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah we got much better value with Dontae Johnson in the 4th round.

didn't like him in the draft before. I was more a fan of Keith McGill. not sure how his rookie season went with the raiders
Stanley-Jean Bust. Was just cut by the Saints today after having been a 2nd round pick last year.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/09/new_orleans_saints_release_sec.html

The New Orleans Saints have released cornerback Stanley Jean-Baptiste, a 2014 second-round pick, according to ESPN.

Jean-Baptiste never became much of a contributor for the Saints and rarely even saw the field last year. This currently leaves the Saints with the injured Keenan Lewis, Brandon Browner, Damiann Swann, Brian Dixon and Kyle Wilson.

The Saints 2014 draft class could aptly be termed disastrous, as first round wide receiver Brandin Cooks will likely be the only contributor this season. Sixth round lineman Tavon Rooks and fourth round linebacker Khairi Fortt were released last year, while Ronald Powell and Vinnie Sunseri were both waived/injured last week and are currently on injured reserve.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 5, 2015 at 5:56 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Wow One and Done.

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
never trust harbaalke
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for shmuck.
This is all Baalkes fault.
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
I don't know what y'all see in this guy, he's not a good cover corner and he can't TACKLE.

Give this man a prize. Even in the NFL, SJB didnt really figure out how to tackle.
lol the OP said he was better than Sherman
Clearly Mickey Loomis is better than Trent. I wish we could have no cap room combined with awful drafts where no one is left within a year.
Share 49ersWebzone