LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska

Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They don't measure up to the Legion of Boom of Seattle.

Brandon Browner - suspended, appealing, play again, not play again? Fact is he did play there for a while. 6'4" 221 lbs.

Cam Chancellor - 6'3" 232 lbs.

Richard Sherman - 6'3" with long arms to bat down passes like the one that ended the NFC Championship.

We need a Legion of Boom. That's how you win a Super Bowl.

Seattle's front seven is more impressive than their secondary. Seattle's front seven had Payton Manning so rattled, he couldn't set his feet to throw the ball.

Finally, someone who GETS it. Seattle's secondary is the best in the league because their pass rush is relentless in its disruption. Their pressure is so constant and intense that your QB can't sit back and allow routes to develop...he has to get rid of the ball quickly, and the defense knows it. So all the corners have to do is play press coverage, knock WRs off their routes and man-handle them 10-15 yards down the field. The timing of the route is now off, and your QB has to decide whether to just dump it off short, take a sack or stupidly force a throw into tight coverage.

Pass rush/pressure is everything in the NFL (and I don't mean sacks, I mean pressure that collapses the entire pocket). The kind of pressure that Seattle puts on an offense sets up everything else a team does on defense and if done right, can make even HOF QBs like Peyton Manning look silly.

I believe Seattle only had one sack during the game and constantly forced Manning to adjust himself in the pocket. Avril owned that tackle he went up against.
But the LOB is the best secondary in the NFL.

Talent-wise, the Seattle DB's certainly fall in the top 10. It's the pass-rush that catapults them into a near-unstoppable force. If you can cover (or hold...) for long enough until the relentless pass-rush gets there, what do you expect is going to happen? -- Either the throw is going to have to come out quick (say "hello" to being LIT UP because there is no time to separate or redirect, your route is known as soon as the QB sets to throw), or the passer is going to have to find some way to buy more time.

Defense wins championships, and the front 7 make the biggest difference. But the back 4 complete the package. If you play off-coverage against a fast/quick receiver that can get downfield faster than the safety can? You're screwed. Receivers quick enough to beat the press and fast enough to either draw the flag or beat a corner one on one in any direction they go -- those are the guys that tear Seattle apart.

We have 11 picks to work with. Baalke needs to find us that guy. With a guy like CK that can improvise and buy time, adding another big-time receiver -- a Seattle-killer -- will help us crush them. That + an improved CK + a fully healthy Crabtree and others will help us beat that team.
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this in the thread yet, but SJB is quite old for a draft prospect. He'll be 24 by the time he gets drafted. He's actually the oldest player of whom I know in this draft right now.
41 1/2 inch vertical.

Tied for 5th best for a DB since 2006.

He didn't have a good 40, but he had a great 10 yard split for his size. This probably means he's a better fit as a CB than a safety. Safeties need to cover more ground.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Feb 25, 2014 at 11:44 AM ]
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this in the thread yet, but SJB is quite old for a draft prospect. He'll be 24 by the time he gets drafted. He's actually the oldest player of whom I know in this draft right now.

Keith McGill is even older. He'll be 25 in March.
41 1/2 inch vertical.

He didn't have a good 40, but he had a great 10 yard split for his size. This probably means he's a better fit as a CB than a safety. Safeties need to cover more ground.

Amazing!! his length is what really intrigues me
SJB did kind of poorly in the 20 yard shuttle.

He's lookin' like a mid 3rd rounder to me.
SJB did kind of poorly in the 20 yard shuttle.

He's lookin' like a mid 3rd rounder to me.

I wouldn't put the 20 yard shuttle into too much value he did do better than Sammy Watkins & Kelvin Benjamin
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
I wouldn't put the 20 yard shuttle into too much value he did do better than Sammy Watkins & Kelvin Benjamin

I don't. I figured he'd probably be a 3rd rounder even before the combine. When a guy like David Amerson can last into the 50's in a much weaker CB class a guy like SJB will probably be there in the 3rd IMO.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
41 1/2 inch vertical.

Amazing!! his length is what really intrigues me

I'm still hoping we draft him this kid that vert is incredible and his game tape is just as impressive
Improved his 40 from high 4.4s to lie 4.5s impressive

Had one helluva pro day. I could see Seattle taking him at 32.
A little overrated due to the Sherman effect but is still a baller with good potential. Would pick him up in the second.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Had one helluva pro day. I could see Seattle taking him at 32.

Yea he did and very possible Seattle can take him at 32 which I would hate kid is a baller
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Improved his 40 from high 4.4s to lie 4.5s impressive

very nice
I dont wanna copy tha seahagz i want us to be better then them ......
Share 49ersWebzone