LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 361 users in the forums

Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska

Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
lol the OP said he was better than Sherman

Maybe if SJB needs to hit the Seattle sauce like Sherman, he wouldn't have been cut.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Sep 7, 2015 at 8:48 AM ]
Its kinda fun looking back at the people who where drooling over him thinking he was going to be great.
Less than 2 seasons later he is a small step from the unemployment line.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Its kinda fun looking back at the people who where drooling over him thinking he was going to be great.
Less than 2 seasons later he is a small step from the unemployment line.

Falling in love with the measurables of a player. Baptiste has potential but he was so raw coming out and so limited in his experience at playing CB that I felt he'd be a nice late round project, not a 2nd rounder. I think people heard big WR converted to CB and assumed that this guy would be the next Richard Sherman. His same weaknesses that he had in college, specifically his tackling, have become major weaknesses of his in the NFL.

Meanwhile you look at a guy like Ricardo Allen out of Purdue who is 5'9" and was drafted in the 5th round. He was a pretty outstanding cornerback in college, for him it was a question of measurables not skill and dare I say that he's thriving in the NFL and is now a starting safety.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 16, 2015 at 10:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Falling in love with the measurables of a player. Baptiste has potential but he was so raw coming out and so limited in his experience at playing CB that I felt he'd be a nice late round project, not a 2nd rounder. I think people heard big WR converted to CB and assumed that this guy would be the next Richard Sherman. His same weaknesses that he had in college, specifically his tackling, have become major weaknesses of his in the NFL.

Meanwhile you look at a guy like Ricardo Allen out of Purdue who is 5'9" and was drafted in the 5th round. He was a pretty outstanding cornerback in college, for him it was a question of measurables not skill and dare I say that he's thriving in the NFL and is now a starting safety.

Not to mention my personal favourite from that draft, EJ Gaines drafted in the 6th. He looked great as a rook (although I think he's on IR this season).
Share 49ersWebzone