There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MBA's Mock draft ver 2.0 Senior Bowl week

Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Bucannon is a terrible run defender. I'd be very nervous.

He is this years Cyprien a bad tackler
Good mock. I'd be happy with Verrett
I like it a lot.
You covered the CBs and the WRs. Hopefully we will get some serious players out of this draft and fill the blanks for our team.
Nice Mock,
However Like Carradine, I think Easley is getting drafted in the 2nd.

I like the Trey Millard Harbaalke special, but I also think QB Aaron Murray is another Harbaalke special.
Originally posted by sfout:
I'm scared of taking a slot corner so early, I have flashbacks of Kyle Wilson going 29th to the Jets and just sucking it up. Would much rather take a slot specific corner at a more reasonable value/need/talent spot like the late 2nd early 3rd. IMO if we go corner in the first we need to get Gilbert, Roberson or Purifoy before Verrett.

Everything else is amazing.

Brett Smith will be a steal for some team, he made the best call by leaving when he did, his HC was fired and they hired North Dakota State's HC to replace him. Learning a new system and playing for an FCS coach(even if it is an "elite" FCS school) would probably be more negative than a positive.

Verrett is the same height as Brown and a simply better prospect coming out of college, an absolute ballhawk and beast when it comes to playing passes in the air. If the 49ers can't get Dennard or Gilbert, then I would happily take him or Joyner. I want a true playmaker out there, Verrett is exactly that, look at his stats and the amount of passes he's deflected over the past few years. If you take him, he can play slot corner or on the outside.

Also in this defense, slot corner has about as much importance as any other corner spot considering how often they play in the nickel.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 25, 2014 at 1:05 PM ]
With Bucannon and Verrett, the 49ers would be taking two guys from Fairfield, California in consecutive rounds...what are the odds.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
Nice Mock,
However Like Carradine, I think Easley is getting drafted in the 2nd.

I like the Trey Millard Harbaalke special, but I also think QB Aaron Murray is another Harbaalke special.

I am hoping Easley drops, but you may be right. He was a beast before he got hurt, but he went down early so I will cross fingers that he drops to the fourth.

Good call on Murray. I just think someone will scoop him up before the fifth.
Love it! first 7 picks are great
Yeah lets draft the smallest, lightest CB's we can find when the NFL has proven out that the big, tall, heavy, rangy DB's are the best in the league.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
After the end of our season, here we go with another mock. This is based on CBS Sports draft rankings as of 1/23/14 and no trades.

Round 1 Jason Verrett CB TCU 5'10" 176 lbs - Carlos Rogers is history and we need a slot corner in the worst way
Round 2a Davante Adams WR Fresno St 6'2" 216 lbs - need a big WR who can stretch the field; would be Jordan Matthews ideally but he may not be here.
Round 2b Deone Buchanan SS Washington St 6'1" 216 lbs - replacement for Whitner
Round 3a Jeremiah Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech 6'3" 252 lbs - pass rusher who has been taking reps at ILB during Senior Bowl workouts
Round 3b Keith McGill CB 6'3" 214 lbs - big bodied press corner to complete our secondary and replace T. Brown
Round 3c Robert Herron Wyoming 5'9" 193 lbs - we need someone to add quickness and burst at WR (Comp pick)
Round 4 Dominique Easley DT Florida 6'2" 285 lbs - depth on the d-line
Round 5 Brett Smith QB Wyoming 6'2" 206 lbs - our 3rd QB which is sorely needed; probably came out a year too early
Round 6 Cameron Fleming OT Stanford 6'6" 318 lbs - swing OT
Round 7 Spencer Long OG Nebraska 6'4" 315 lbs - Baalke injury special; depth for interior line
Round 7a Tyler Starr OLB South Dakota 6'4" 249 lbs - showed well at East-West game; depth at OLB
Round 7b Trey Millard FB Oklahoma 6'2" 253 lbs - Swiss Army Knife FB, Blocker, TE; another Baalke injury special
Round 7c Jonathan Dowling DB Western Kentucky 6'2" 198 lbs - secondary depth or PS candidate

Your thoughts.....................

Overall, this draft is as good and solid as any. It fills immediate needs and gives immediate depth. I'm trying to figure out how to squeeze De'Anthony Thomas into this draft lol. Perhaps taking Fleming in the second and signing Long to an UDFA contract, which would allow us to take him in the 6th. It would be wiser to target him in the 5th, but I wouldn't give up any of the previous picks, except maybe Attaochu. We might be able to get by with who we have on the roster currently while Bowman heals.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah lets draft the smallest, lightest CB's we can find when the NFL has proven out that the big, tall, heavy, rangy DB's are the best in the league.

Only one small, but talented CB. Keith McGill at the end of the third doesn't fit your grumpy rant.
look at how many picks are in this mock draft. you guys COME ON. we have the deepest team in the league yes we need to get younger but only 5 MAXIMUM 6 rookies are going to make this final roster. keeping 13 picks to ourselves would be one of the teams worst mistake close to why did kaepernick throw it to a seahawk db 2 times last week. baalke is smarter than that he will use the surplus to trade up for the most valuable player we can get at the most needed position WR. just like we did with reid. this delusion that we need to draft a corner in the 1st or 2nd round every single f**kin year is gettin really old.
Originally posted by stefano89:
look at how many picks are in this mock draft. you guys COME ON. we have the deepest team in the league yes we need to get younger but only 5 MAXIMUM 6 rookies are going to make this final roster. keeping 13 picks to ourselves would be one of the teams worst mistake close to why did kaepernick throw it to a seahawk db 2 times last week. baalke is smarter than that he will use the surplus to trade up for the most valuable player we can get at the most needed position WR. just like we did with reid. this delusion that we need to draft a corner in the 1st or 2nd round every single f**kin year is gettin really old.

It's a delusion to take a CB early when we're losing at least one if not possibly TWO of our starting CBs in the off season?
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jan 25, 2014 at 6:43 PM ]
Nice mock