LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 377 users in the forums

Ahmad Dixon SS, Baylor

I don't see the 49ers drafting a Safety in back to back years in the 1st round but if Whitner does not get brought back they could be looking at this guy as a replacement. Personally I think CB then WR should be looked at but moving up to pick this guy would not disappoint me at all.

I don't see Dixon as a first rounder at all, might be worth trading up a bit in the 2nd if they really like him but if his stock goes crazy like Cyprien's did last draft, forget about it.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't see Dixon as a first rounder at all, might be worth trading up a bit in the 2nd if they really like him but if his stock goes crazy like Cyprien's did last draft, forget about it.

hmm, Dixon as a 2nd rounder? i always figured that he was a 3rd round value.

regardless, i'd love it if we were able to draft Dixon.
[ Edited by LaMichaelJeff on Jan 23, 2014 at 10:36 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I see him as a tweener that could be a choice for those teams in the high 20's to 40's. The way some of these team value their prospects they just go get them. I expect after the combine he will start to slide forward. He has a lot of upside IMO.
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Jan 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM ]
I would love to see us grab him in the late 2nd to replace Whitner. He looks like a younger, faster Whitner.
teams in the bottom half of the 2nd round would want to select Dixon....so that being said the 49ers would have to gamble and stick to their guns that one of their top safety is there or trade up
I have him as a 4th rounder. Dixon is somewhat of a knucklehead, and was arrested for beating another man this last year. The grand jury cleared him, so he wasn't prosecuted, but the kid has some red flags. A lot of teams remove red flag character players from their board, so I do see a slide.
Share 49ersWebzone