LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Keith McGill-CB-Utah

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I have him going #98 overall in my 7 rounder. Good... but with the number of excellent CBs in this class... he falls, IMHO.

yea he could be overlooked but at 98 he would be a heck of a steal
This guy is going to fly up the charts if he run a 4.4 forty or lower at the combine we would have to trade up to get him he will not last to the 2nd round.
I'm stoked about McGill and Jean-Baptiste...either guy would give us some of the size Harbaugh wants. Although he's a FA, Nolan Carroll from Miami's another who looks like he's ready to take his game to the next level...he's 6-1, 205. Really think that's the direction our secondary needs to go.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'm stoked about McGill and Jean-Baptiste...either guy would give us some of the size Harbaugh wants. Although he's a FA, Nolan Carroll from Miami's another who looks like he's ready to take his game to the next level...he's 6-1, 205. Really think that's the direction our secondary needs to go.

Why ???? We should look to be better then tha seacheatz not just like them ...
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Feb 14, 2014 at 12:42 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
No thanks.
I have him with a 4th round grade. But given the fact that the NFL is a copycat league there will be many teams trying to immitate Seattles success and he will go much higher.Probably in the 2nd.
I dont like his lack of physicality against the run neither do i like his lack of instincts. There is upside but he will be taken way to high.
Little to no value to me in the 2nd.
In terms of size, McGill is a virtual clone of Jordan Matthews. 6'3, 211 (compared to 6'3 212), both have 33 1/4 arms, McGill has 10 1/4" hands compared to 10 3/8" for Matthews. Most of the other corners have small arms and/or hands. Baptiste has very small hands 8 5/8" which doesn't matter as much for corners as it does for WR's but is still a concern. Desir had the next best measurables SF 6'1 198 with 33" arms and 9 5/8" hands.
McGill also has longer arms and bigger hands than all the safeties. Clinton-Dix has decent length but smallish hands (9").
McGill: 4.51 40, 39" vertical, and 10'9" broad jump. His draft stock is definitely moving up especially given Baptiste ran a 4.61 and has shorter arms than McGill and small hands.

Baptiste is a better player right now, but it will be interesting to see where these guys go - they're both pretty old.
Share 49ersWebzone