LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 387 users in the forums

Yay Area's 2014 Draft Version 2

1st Rd. #30 (Own)......................................Jordan Matthews, 6' 2'' 209 lbs, WR, Vanderbilt
*Trade (2nd Rd. #24, 3rd Rd. #30, 7th Rd. #30 for Atlanta's 2nd Rd. #5)...........Odell Beckham, 5' 11'' 193 lbs, WR, LSU
2nd Rd. #24 (From the Chiefs in the Alex Smith trade)...........Traded
2nd Rd. #29 (Own)..................................Kyle Fuller, 6' 0'' 194 lbs, CB, Virginia Tech
3rd Rd. #13 (From the Titans in a 2013 draft trade) ................Dominique Easley, 6' 2'' 285 lbs, DT/DE, Florida
3rd Rd. #30 (Own)..............Traded
3rd Rd. ? (Compensatory based on Dashon Goldson departure)...........Tyler Larsen, 6' 3'' 317 lbs, C, Utah State
4th Rd. #29 (Own).......................Keith McGill, 6' 3'' 214 lbs, CB, Utah
5th Rd. #30 (Own).......................Justin Britt, 6' 6'' 315 lbs, T, Missouri
6th Rd. #29 (Own).......................LaDamian Washington, 6' 4'' 205, WR, Missouri
7th Rd. #26 (From the Colts in the Cam Johnson trade).........Gator Hoskins, 6' 1'' 245 lbs, FB/TE, Marshall
7th Rd. #27 (From the Saints in the Parys Haralson trade............Alden Darby, 5' 10'' 192 lbs, S, Arizona State
7th Rd. #28( From the Panthers in the Colin Jones trade)..............Keith Price, 6' 1'' 195 lbs, QB, Washington
7th Rd. #30 (Own)......................Traded
Where s the SS pick we aren't resigning Whitner.
In AB's Mock Offseason, he laid out how it would be possible to resign Whitner. But I do believe that we should draft a safety, so in the 7th round I have us taking Alden Darby from Arizona State.
We aren't resigning Dawson Whitner AND Boldin. My guess is Whitner leaves and we draft safety high.
please use the draft chart!
Yay I like it a lot. Darby is gonna rise up, had a great East-West shrine game. I love Hoskins.

Trade seems fair. All around great draft.

And for those who think we won't or can't re-sign Whitner, we CAN.
Good job... like the choices of players and the rounds that you have chosen them. I am assuming we are picking Washington as a project/practice squad player.
Personally I'm not a big Beckham fan, especially with so many other WRs in this draft, and really not a fuller fan. I'm huge on Hoskins though, and I think the Matthews pick is solid. Looks good to me.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Got enough WRs?
Thanks for the kind words AB. You're my inspiration haha.

As for the number of receivers, I don't think three is out of the realm of possibility. I assume we bring back Boldin, leaving us him, Crabtree, and Patton. I dont think we will bring Baldwin back and I even think Osgood coming back is probably up in the air too. So those three Im projecting could fit right in. And each brings a valuable skillset. Jordan Matthews is big, and very refined as a route runner and receiver. Beckham, while on the smaller side, would immediately become our fastest receiver, and he proved in the SEC that he can perform successfully as a deep threat and a punt returner. Then there's L'Damian Washington, who isn't as proven I don't believe as the other too, but he's 6'4'' and he's nearly as fast as Beckham. That's a guy I easily take a chance on.

Yea, i would be happy with that. Looks like Gator Hoskins is catching some steam around here.
Originally posted by YayArea:
Thanks for the kind words AB. You're my inspiration haha.

As for the number of receivers, I don't think three is out of the realm of possibility. I assume we bring back Boldin, leaving us him, Crabtree, and Patton. I dont think we will bring Baldwin back and I even think Osgood coming back is probably up in the air too. So those three Im projecting could fit right in. And each brings a valuable skillset. Jordan Matthews is big, and very refined as a route runner and receiver. Beckham, while on the smaller side, would immediately become our fastest receiver, and he proved in the SEC that he can perform successfully as a deep threat and a punt returner. Then there's L'Damian Washington, who isn't as proven I don't believe as the other too, but he's 6'4'' and he's nearly as fast as Beckham. That's a guy I easily take a chance on.

No prob buddy. Always like to help the new members out. I really want to see Hoskins in the Senior Bowl Saturday. Also Justin Ellis, NT La Tech.

Baldwin should be a cap cut, saves over $1.3M, plus with Rogers $5.105M we should be right around $13M under the cap with those cuts, and we have options to get farther under the cap. We could extend Vernon and lower his cap figure, Gore needs to be addressed. Ray McDonald could get a short extension. Willis in april when allowed.
Share 49ersWebzone