There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ABs 1st Post NFC Title Game Mock Offseason

what would the cap savings be is Andy Lee were cut?
Originally posted by Broseph6:
I don't like whitner... They are phasing his type out of the game. Kinda like gholdson. He is bad in coverage and doesn't wrap up

I do not get the love for Whitner either. To compare him to Goldson is an insult to Goldson's days here. But Whitner's lack of size is a serious mismatch for pretty much all tight ends these days. No thanks to Whitner
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
So AB literally just told us we're going back to the NFC Championship next season. I can live with that.

haha Lets hope so.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Forgot to add, very solid draft, I would love for this to happen.

Yeah, no problem. The draft I may change, add a WR and lose a Guard or extra DL.
Originally posted by saj4423:

Only $900K savings.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Only $900K savings.
with that big deal he signed thought it might be more but I guess it's to soon to even consider that
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Only $900K savings.
with that big deal he signed thought it might be more but I guess it's to soon to even consider that

yeah too soon.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
What if we let Whitner walk would there be enough to resign one of the big 3, Kaep, Crab or Aldon?
Isn't Gilbert the guy who got ejected for punching a WR a few times during a game?
I think Whitner is the one who leaves for big bucks over Brown to be honest. Brown is the teams best corner i think they thorw him some dough.
Originally posted by kronik:
I don't like whitner... They are phasing his type out of the game. Kinda like gholdson. He is bad in coverage and doesn't wrap up

I do not get the love for Whitner either. To compare him to Goldson is an insult to Goldson's days here. But Whitner's lack of size is a serious mismatch for pretty much all tight ends these days. No thanks to Whitner
His play declined near the end of the season. It's like he just said forget tackling i'm gonna try to knock guys out. He stopped wrapping up and just throws a shoulder in there.
Originally posted by lamontb:

His play declined near the end of the season. It's like he just said forget tackling i'm gonna try to knock guys out. He stopped wrapping up and just throws a shoulder in there.

Whitner is so much better than Goldson, it's not even close. Goldson was the definition of a splash player, drawing penalties (stupid ones, not hard hits that got flagged), losing his assignment, getting beat deep, and then, all of a sudden making a splash play. Whitner calls that defense, is the captain of the secondary, sets the tone, and plays very solid most of the time. Look at their PFF rankings. Whitner is one of the top safeties in the league, while Goldson consistently gets negative marks. You're right, comparing Goldson to Whitner is an insult....
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Whitner is so much better than Goldson, it's not even close. Goldson was the definition of a splash player, drawing penalties (stupid ones, not hard hits that got flagged), losing his assignment, getting beat deep, and then, all of a sudden making a splash play. Whitner calls that defense, is the captain of the secondary, sets the tone, and plays very solid most of the time. Look at their PFF rankings. Whitner is one of the top safeties in the league, while Goldson consistently gets negative marks. You're right, comparing Goldson to Whitner is an insult....

Be wary paying for contract year production.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Jan 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM ]
Yea really not much difference between Whitner and Goldson to me. Both big hitters who suck in coverage. Whitenr looked better this year in coverage but a lot of that was Fangio always playing them deep and having the linebackers always cover tight ends and backs. Thus why Fangio can't bltiz them as much b/c they have to be in coverage. Whitner had an overall good season, but i'd much rather give that money to Brown than Whitner.
Yea really not much difference between Whitner and Goldson to me. Both big hitters who suck in coverage. Whitenr looked better this year in coverage but a lot of that was Fangio always playing them deep and having the linebackers always cover tight ends and backs. Thus why Fangio can't bltiz them as much b/c they have to be in coverage. Whitner had an overall good season, but i'd much rather give that money to Brown than Whitner.

Agree, and it Bowman is not ready to start the season Willis can't be counted on to cover the tight ends because he will have more other duties so the safety will be counted on to cover the tight end.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home